main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 501st Bash at Celebration Orlando - You're Invited!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Skaught, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

The 501st Legion is celebrating its 20th anniversary at Celebration Orlando and you're invited to the Bash!

Walk the streets of Mos Eisley and enter the Cantina for a party like none other. Come prepared for the showdown, dressed in your best scum and villainy attire (optional but encouraged), and be entertained by the sites and sounds that can only be found in this wretched hive. Your evening will include:

- Celebrity guest appearances
    - Dancing to tunes spun by a live DJ
    - Exclusive gifts and awesome prizes
    - Themed drink menu and collectible cups
    - The evening’s highlight: a private performance by 501st Legion honorary member “Weird Al” Yankovic!

That’s right – Weird Al will be stopping by the Bash to help us celebrate our twentieth anniversary milestone! The event will be at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, connected to the convention center, which provides us double the space as in 2012. Even with the larger venue, tickets WILL sell out, so order yours today! Legion membership is not required so family, friends and fellow Star Wars fans are all invited to celebrate with us.

Get tickets at http://www.501stBash.com

Bonus: Order by January 15th and get both the main even patch AND the early buyer patch!
    [​IMG]

Date: Saturday, April 15, 2017
    Time: 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
    Location: Hyatt Regency – 9801 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819
    Ages: 18+

See you there!

Scott Will

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Moving to the Celebration forum.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    YAY! I just got mine Monday and didn't even know about the early order patches!

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Got tickets too, just waiting to hear about the kids thing.

5. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Four more days to get the early buyer patch with your tickets!

Kids Club info coming in the next few days.

6. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Check out the commercial we made!

Scott

Padme501st likes this.
  7. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm so excited for this! Every commercial for it gets me pumped up. Still debating on what to wear

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Is the 501st bash worth it to attend?

Because if they aren't screening the movies at Celebration after closing hours each night then there probably won't be a whole lot to do in the evening hours. Thing is, I'm doing Celebration by myself, and I'm not much of a party guy, especially a going to a party by myself guy. I'm not awkward or anything, parties just aren't usually my thing. If it was free or much cheaper than I would definitely go, check it out for a while, talk to a few people, and then leave. Which I feel like I could just do hanging out in the immediate area around the convention center where all the restaurants and bars are. Or I could do at whatever free event/party Celebration holds on Saturday night. I also feel like people who attend the 501st bash are kind of "in the know" about it and who go in groups of people who all already know each other.

That said, I hear so much hype around the bash, that in some ways it actually seems like a perfect chance to attend, being that I will be on my own and can see it all for myself and whatnot. Because I would definitely like to attend one of these things and see it for myself, instead of always hearing about this mythical exclusive 501st bash. I can get the experience now as opposed to having to deal with trying to get others to go later on.

But really though, is it worth it? Is it that worth it to attend, over just doing other things that don't cost quite as much just to be there and that I could get the same experience from? I think I'm answering my own question, I guess I'm just fishing for a definitive response that it's worth it to do at least once.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    This will be the only night all week I won't have my son so I'll enjoy the adult time out. Plus the Weird Al appearance was the deal maker for me. It's gonna be sweet, I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. will_russ_knight

will_russ_knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2017

Motivate: I understand exactly where your coming from. Here's My 2 cents
    I too am going it solo, and I have never been to a Celebrations events. I do attend several comicons yearly, and I always see the 501st where ever I go. They are a fantastic and fun bunch, and they do alot of good in the community
    From everything I have read, this is the party NOT to miss. As Rox said, as a bonus Weird Al Yankovic is attending/playing, so if you into that, then thats a bonus
    Each attendee also get nice swag that is very valuable for trading throughout the convention. You have the opportunity to buy additional as well, so you can keep your own
    There are also VERY experiences celebration goeres, so there are plenty of tips you could learn from the vets
    Yes its not a cheap event, but the benefits outweigh it IMHO
    Yes, there are going to be all kinds of things going on in/around Orlando. But like you said, if nothing else, its totally worth it to do it atleast once. And with it being the 40th anniversary, im sure it will be a memorable experience for us all

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm going solo as well. I think with Weird Al performing, even if I feel a little shy it will be worth it.

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    will_russ_knight: That is a very convincing argument and one that definitely makes me consider a little more seriously if I want to attend the bash.

We'll see.

On one hand I think I can get whatever I would get out of attending the 501st Bash just by being around the Convention Center and/or possibly attending whatever free event they have that night. I'm staying at the Rosen Inn so I'll definitely be right in the middle of things. Plus, I'm not a huge Weird Al fan, I'm not not a fan, it's just not really anything that would be a deciding factor for me.

On the other hand I feel like I have a perfect opportunity to finally check the 501st Bash off my list of something I want to do at least once and for the sake of just experiencing the full spectrum of SW fandom. Otherwise it will remain like an itch I haven't yet scratched.

It does specifically say on the terms and conditions of the ticket buying page that you can re-sell to someone. I might buy a ticket for the bash just to have the option to go, and I don't doubt I can find someone to sell it to if I decide not to. There's also that Galactic Nights event at WDW Friday night that I'm also thinking about buying a ticket for under the same circumstances.

Because again, these decisions could all be made so much easier if the Celebration schedule was released and I saw that there are screenings, panels, or some other event worth attending each night after closing hours.

I just emailed them and asked if they'll tell me how many tickets are still available. Then I'll determine if I have more time to decide. I know they sell fast and will sell out eventually, especially as it's getting closer and everyone is making their plans. But it definitely makes a difference right now if there are 300 tickets still available vs 1,300 tickets still available.

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm going to skip on the bash, but I will go to the 501st banquet the day before. I'm not a big fan of going out on clubs, and to me the bash feels so big that it will mostly be like going to a night club, but with a strong Star Wars flavor. I'm sure it will be great seeing Weird Al on stage in such a special environment though, that almost pushed me into buying tickets for it.

14. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I am very excited about the fact they are decorating and Cantina style and with props and stuff. That in itself makes it worth it for me.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If you're going solo you are more than welcome to come hang out with my wife and I. We really aren't into dancing and stuff. Just going for the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    MotivateR5D4

I am much like you. I am not really in to big partys/clubs and the likes. I also is not a member of the 501st, though I know many who are, but most of them is not attending this Celebration, so I don't really expect to see any I know.
    Still, I always try to get as much Celebration as I can while it last, so I have also bought a ticket for this thing, as I did for the 501st Bash at CV, CVI and Celebration Anaheim 2015.
    It's getting quite expensive and since I normally only stay for a couple of hours or until the main stage show is over (which ever is later), then I don't really expect to get $100 worth of entertainment if you could put it that way, but still being a Celebration event, I wanna go, rather than thinking later damn I missed it, when seeing photos from others later.

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  17. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

Hey guys! We're furiously working on the 501st Bash to make it an amazing event! Here's an image of some of the swag that will be available and more is under way. Tickets are selling fast so if you're considering it, don't be left out! Go to http://www.501stBash.com now to get your tickets while you still can!

Scott

18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I hear that. Thanks for the reply. And honestly, it would be a no brainer for me to attend the bash if I knew with 100% certainty that no other events are being held at Celebration after closing hours. Film screenings are the main thing I'm referring to.

I watched the whole saga over the course of all three nights at Celebration Anaheim and had an amazing time. Just watching it on the big screen in a huge room packed full of fans who are still buzzing from the day's events, where everyone obviously already knows the movie, and cheering at even the most minor of events or lines of dialogue is totally appropriate. There's only so many times in your life where those circumstances meet and you have the opportunity to do that.

This year I'm particularly hoping for a dual screening of Rogue One and A New Hope. I see no reason why that wouldn't happen. Even if it's just the one screening for one night of Celebration, like they did for TFA in Europe, and not all three nights like they did in Anaheim.

With the post by Skaught today, I'll probably buy a ticket for the bash anyway. I might do the same for the Galactic Nights at WDW as well. I should probably stop talking about it and just close my eyes later on tonight and do it and stop thinking about it. That way I have all options open to me. And I'm assuming if I don't end up attending either of those that it wouldn't be hard to find someone at Celebration to sell it to.

19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I did the same thing and it was a great experience. I'll never forget when in ROTS Mace Windu tells Anakin that he is on the council but doesn't get the rank of Master and Anakin said "What?" and someone shouted "Say what again!" which resulted in the whole room cracking up.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Everybody just came together at so many of those little moments. It was amazing, especially being the first time I ever had that experience in such a large crowd. If I had to pick the top 3 things that I enjoyed most about Celebration Anaheim, watching the saga like that would absolutely be one of them, if not top the list entirely.

So I hope I am not wrong to assume that similar after hours screenings like that will take place in Orlando. But in the event that they don't, having the 501st Bash to go to wouldn't be a bad alternative. The whole Mos Eisley Cantina theme will definitely be something.

21. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm curious as to how they will do the schedule for the movies. Back in the day Saturday night would be reserved for ESB and ROTJ but now we have 2 more movies to show. Also the 3D prequels are a Celebration exclusive aside from TPM but it's not like anyone had the chance of buying it in 3D so still kind of exclusive, and I think should be shown. Unless they do 3, 3 and 2. Honestly Sundays are usually pretty quiet, they should just do 2 every night and then do the last two during Sunday day, or have a room to show the movies from 10-5 all day Sunday as much as they can.

Really curious to see the outcome, showing the movies at Celebrations has always been a great idea in my opinion

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I've thought about that as well. The only way I can break it down is this:

Thursday: Start late afternoon around 4 maybe, when Celebration is still going, and show Episodes I-III, ending about midnight.
    Friday: After hours screening of Rogue One and A New Hope
    Saturday: After hours screening of ESB and ROTJ
    Sunday: Afternoon screening of TFA.

Sure, some of that extends into the Celebration day, so for those wanting to see the movies they just have to make a choice about what they want to do. But I think it's the only way to screen all the movies and still keep to having it mostly after closing hours. Personally, if they do it the way I outlined, I'll probably wait until Celebration is over for each day and then just head into the screenings and possibly skip TFA altogether come Sunday.

That said, another possibility is one that I mentioned before, where they might just do a one night dual screening of RO and ANH. I only say that because it would be similar to how they only did one screening at Europe where they just showed the TFA. Granted, Europe was only three days, and Celebration is four. So we'll see.

Padme501st likes this.
  23. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    With the demand for the movies at Celebration Anaheim, they may put more focus on the screenings as well. Who knows. We should get a schedule in about 4 to 5 weeks if they follow Celebration Anaheim's timeline

24. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yep they have to great that landscape. Looking forward to it.

25. Darth Fizzgig

Darth Fizzgig Jedi Padawan

Aug 15, 2013
    Hey! I have an extra ticket to the Bash that I need to get rid of. I was originally going with a friend, but now she cannot come, so I have this extra ticket.

I noticed in several of the posts above that numerous other people were also going to the party solo. Have you all bought your tickets yet? If not, I'd be happy to sell you my extra one for face value. :)