main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC 501st Charity Cell Phone Drive at DragonCon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Garrison Tyranus of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers is collecting old cell phones to contribute to a drive sponsored by The Body Shop stores. The Body Shop is collecting and refurbishing old cell phones, which they then donate to organizations supporting battered women. The cell phones are set up as emergency 911 phones, which the women can use to call for help if they feel threatened.

Garrison Tyranus will be sponsoring a collection box at the 501st fan club table at DragonCon, located at the Marriott near the dealer's rooms. If you have an old cell phone collecting dust in your closet, please throw it into your suitcase and bring it along to DragonCon to contribute to a good cause! Phones with or without batteries and accessories are accepted. If your phone donation comes with accessories, please put the pieces in a zip lock bag so they don't get mixed in with other parts at the collection site.

If you aren't able to attend DragonCon but would like to contribute to the drive, you can stop by your local Body Shop store to make your donation until October 31, 2004. If you'd like your donation to be included in the 501st collection numbers, you can
    send me an e-mail to let me know that you've donated a phone.

If you have any questions about the cell phone drive, please contact Lori Frye, Garrison Tyranus Executive Officer, at lfrye@cox.net. Thank you for your help!

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Great cause!! And if I manage to get a new cell phone by DragonCon, you can have mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.