main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

501st DragonCon 2001/Planet Hollywood Dinner

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by tk187, Aug 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tk187

tk187 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2001
    I'd like to invite all DC2001 attendees to a dinner the 501st is holding at Planet Hollywood, Saturday night, 7PM.
    This will be the largest gathering of Imperials in one location in the history of the SW universe. Even Uncle George didn't have 150+ uniforms in one spot at one time :) The dinner starts at 7PM and the bottom floor of the resturant will be open to anyone who wants to be part of this historic event. Media will be on location to film this and the 501st will be there en masse to talk to all SW fans. Planet Hollywood has even recreated Aunt Beru's Blue Milk! (available only on Saturday night, I don't know what's in it, so don't ask)
    If you are a SW fan attending DC2001, please drop in if you wish.
    Regards-
    Scott Hawkins
    XO/CO 501st, TK187

2. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Just to clarify, the 501st is having a private dinner at the resteraunt that night. The 1st floor will be open to the public as normal but there will not be any kind of party going on. We will be mingling with customers for a bit before proceeding to the dinner. Anyone is welcome to drop by to see the excitement, but I didn't want anyone to get confused and think there was more to it than that.

Jedireject

3. tk187

tk187 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2001
    This is an updated to go over items that I thought were a "given"
    The dinner in question is a private dinner on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
    The bottom floor of the resturant will be open to the public to pay for dinner. If you are eating dinner on the 1st floor during the time of the dinner, you will be paying PH for whatever you order. Mingling and talking will be done on the 1st floor and that is why I invited DC2001 atendees who were SW fans to drop by. If room is available to eat on the 1st floor, the resturant is open for business :)
    Sorry in advance for any confusion about dinner. I was not inviting 20,000 people to a free dinner by any means :), but during the Con, the 501st would certainly enjoy SW fans company on the concourse or anywhere else at the event.
    Regards-
    Scott Hawkins
    XO/CO 501st, TK187

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Thanks for the info., guys! I'm sure a few of us will drop by. :)

5. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The Imperials will be on the 2nd and 3rd floors, eh?!

Now the Rebel Commandos know where to place the detonite charges! [face_devil]

j/k, hope to stop by and check it out :)

6. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    But we invited the civilians to visit the first floor. If you detonate the upper floors you will crush the civilians... Well, that is the rebellion's style... :D

7. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Gosh darnit! I'm tired of being caught between you Imperials and Rebels! Can't a man enjoy a meal and do some business without being caught in the middle of a galactic war?

8. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey Jace: Murphy's Universal Law #10,002: Galactic War's always erupt at dinnner time. Keeps the antacid companies in business. ;)

9. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
  10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Rats! I was going to pass out free McDonalds Monopoly tickets to lure away the innocent civilians...now that it's found to have been rigged, guess that plan's in the toilet :mad:

Just wait, though...I'd keep my plastoid armor close by if I were you ;)

11. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    You can drop a building on us if you want, we can take it. Just don't throw rocks at us, we hate that...

12. MoffSienar

MoffSienar Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Hi all,

Please make sure to send me an email at MOFFSIENAR@GA501ST.COM if you would like to come to the dinner as our "invited" guest. This means that you will have access to the events on the 2nd and 3rd floors and not have to simply be part of the general public on the 1st floor......which may have to wait a while to get into P.H. Access to the upper floors will be "by invitation only" and we will have access passes for those folks on the list. Passes must be picked up between 7pm and 7:30pm from the 3rd floor checkpoint, which will only be accessible from the elevator. Also, please keep in mind that YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL FOOD/DRINKS YOU ORDER THERE AT P.H.
    These extra guest slots are being offered above and beyond the 150 "member" slots that we have contracted for. We had 70 more seats on the reserved 2nd floor and wanted to invite our friends to join us. At present, I only have about 20 more slots available, so get on the list QUICK if you would like to come. It is first-come, first-serve, so when the seats are filled, the event is full and we will be able to let no more guests into the event.

I hope to see you all there. Thanks.

James "Moff Sienar" Smith
    501st Stormtrooper Legion
    GA Garrison Capt.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey James!

I just sent a dinner reservation request your way. So, be on the lookout for it.

Thanks! :)

14. MoffSienar

Jun 20, 2001
    Hi Mandy,

I got the email for you, Sharon, Tammy, and Gail.

See ya'll there!

James

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Thanks, James! :)

16. MoffSienar

Jun 20, 2001
    Hi all, me again.....

As an update to the message posted here earlier, "additional" guests will be given a choice of the same type dinners that the "main" dinner guests will be having instead of ordering from the regular P.H. menu. There are 3 meal choices to choose from, and each comes with salad, dessert, and beverage (coffee/tea/soft drink) with refills. Choice 1 is a half rack of BBQ beef ribs w/ French Fries. Choice 2 is half a hickory roasted chicken w/ mashed potatoed. Choice 2 is pasta w/ chicken and veggies. Please respond as soon as possible to let me know which choice of meals that you all would like. In our final planning meeting with P.H. today, they asked that our other guest choose from these meals instead of the main P.H. menu to make it both easier on the staff there and to ensure that all the meals are ready at the same time.

If you have already reserved space with me, please send me another message with your meal choices so we can make sure they have enough food on hand. If you haven't replied yet and want to come, space (and time) is running out, so contact me A.S.A.P.

Thanks,

James

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    James, I just wanted to let you know what a great time we had at the 501st dinner. It was a blast! Thanks for the invite. :)

18. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Yeah! Thanks for inviting us to a really great event! Can't wait for next year!

19. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Where were you two sitting?

20. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Sorry I missed you Lord Gita at the con. I wasn't sure which Royal Guard you were. I was also pretty busy wookie wrangling. A friend of mine did a wookie costume for the con and needed someone to help guide her around and do crowd control for her (like a wookie should need help with crowd control). Because I was helping her out, we totally missed the Planet Hollywood event. :_| If you get up to Atlanta before the next DragonCon, definitely let us know. I am hoping to get a royal guard costume together before the Indy Celebration.

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm sorry we didn't run into you, Gita. I was looking forward to meeting you. Perhaps we shall have a chance to meet again. :)

We were sitting in the smaller room of the second floor. If you entered the second floor main room from the stairs, it was off to the left.

I don't know if that made any sense at all. I'm terrible with floor plan descriptions. ;)

Sorry you didn't get to make it to the 501st dinner, Jace. We were wondering where you were. There is nothing more entertaining than watching Star Wars with the members of the 501st, while waiting for your meal. ;)

22. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm just sorry I missed the parade! I was running around with the Insider and Starwars.com photographers trying to find you. How hard could it be to spot that many stormtroopers in one place?

Turned out that we were going to one side while the rest of you were going to another.

Timing is everything.

23. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    That was the other part I was going to mention. The wookie I was with (Miss Cookie), is a member of the 501st. She was trying to find the 501st line up area (which was posted as the Hyatt lobby) and no one was there. All of the sudden we see the tail end of the 501st march to Planet Hollywood. So I guess she missed out on that. She was a little disappointed and opted not to make the walk over there.

24. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Man, I'm sorry about that. Planet Hollywood booked two events that night, the second starting at the exact moment ours was suppose to end. They asked us to step things up about 30 minutes if possible to give them time to make the change over. We spread the word mainly thru our frs radios, and I believe we posted signs on our fan table as well. The main problem is that the new time overlapped the Star Wars costume contest, something no one wanted and we had worked to avoid from the start, and the word did not get around fast enough. We were in the Hyatt Lobby around 5:00 and marched out around 5:30 to go do a photo shoot next door at the Suntrust Building.

Several people got cut short because of that last minute change. Originally, we were to meet at 6:30. I was afraid this would happened and spoke out about it prior. The last minute change caused a couple of people who didn't get the word to miss out. Please accept my humble apology to anyone who missed out. Not only did we lose out on having one or more members of our group present, but we missed out on having the Insider and StarWars.com cover the march.

As it was said, timing is everything.

Jedireject

25. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    It's no problem. Sorry we missed out, but hopefully you guys will have a BIGGER presence at the SW Celebration next year. That should definitely be the place for you guys to shine above and beyond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.