Indi, IN 501st Invades Local Drive-in!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthAcroyear, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling

star 1
    [link=http://www.tibbsdriveintheatre.com/specials.htm]501st Invades Tibbs DI![/link]
    Date: Saturday, 28 May 2005
    Time: Gates open around 6:30PM with shows starting around 8:15PM
    Where: 480 S TIBBS AVE. INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 (Located on the westside of Indianapolis)[link=http://www.tibbsdriveintheatre.com/about.htm]Tibbs Location[/link]

If you still haven't seen ROTS enough times yet or you have never seen a Star Wars movie at a drive-in, here's your chance! Troops from Indiana's own Bloodfin Garrison will be invading the Tibbs Drive-in on Saturday, 28 May 2005!
    I'm not sure that any other 501st Garrison has ever "Trooped" a drive-in before so this may be yet another first for the Bloodfin Garrison.

The Tibbs DI is one of the oldest still operating in Indiana and with the state going on "Daylight Savings Time" there is a very good chance that this could be the theaters last year so here is a chance for us to be a small part of Indiana history. There are very few Drive-ins still open in the United States, let alone Indiana, and every year there tend to be fewer left operating so this really may be a last chance to experience a bit of the past before it's gone for good. Plus with this being the last Star Wars movie, I really doubt that an event like this will ever happen again.

If you have never been to a Drive-in to see a movie, go on a date or whatever, it's really a pretty cool time plus it's a great way to see a movie with the whole family.
  2. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master

star 3
  3. TR-1032 Jedi Youngling

We're looking forward to it! :D
  4. SaberClaw Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Are there any Anaken's in the 501st?
  5. TR-1032 Jedi Youngling

Anakin the Jedi? NO!

Vader the Sith? YES!
  6. SaberClaw Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My thanks for the 501st members who showed up. My wife and I invited some friends along who had never heard of the 501st Bloodfin. They were just as overjoyed as their childrern to see and meet you guys. I have only met 1 member who was anything less than a class act. Thanks for making my 4th view of RotS even more enjoyable!
  7. TR-1032 Jedi Youngling

Our pleasure! We're glad you all enjoyed it as much as we did!
  8. SaberClaw Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Tr-1032 I do not want to assume, but were you the Royal guardsman that was present?
  9. Darth_Micah Jedi Youngling

That was the most fun I've had since C3! :)
  10. TR-1032 Jedi Youngling

Why, yes, now that you mention it, I was ... ;) [face_shhh] :D
  11. SaberClaw Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have pictures for you guys and gals, but need an email address to forward them too. The 501st site is not replete w/ data.
  12. DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm glad you and your family had a good time SaberClaw. If you want, you can send the pictures to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.