main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq 501st Members

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Wow Wes!

Thanks for that awesome introduction! It almost felt like that scene when Patton was talking to his troops! I find it amazing at our growth rate as a squad and even more as a Fan Force! Just to let Mos Alba 501st members know....Wes has been awesome when it has come to asking questions and anything else we have needed.

Thanks Wes for stopping by!

Jess

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey Wes! Thanks for popping down here for some words of encouragment.

As a member of both Fan Force and the 501st, I look forward to doing activities with both groups. We have opportunities to do things that are not only great fun, but that could benefit many people.

3. DarkJediorion

DarkJediorion Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    You bet guys! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best wishes,

Wesley Barry
    TK0035/TD0035
    Mountain Garrison
    Executive Officer

4. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    That was cool, just to let you know I signed up at the Mtn the other day.

5. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    That rocks!

6. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I guess we are still not official... I posted to the MG boards asking about the status again...

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I saw you post there again. For the whole 2nd time.

kidding... kidding...

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    No, you're right, I don't have much to talk about up there... which is kind of why I wanted our own squad. We are too far removed from the CO members to really be a part of theirs... It makes sense for each state to have their own...

9. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    I agree, though my heart lies in Colorado, we are the ones that see each other and troop together, not the guys from CO or WY. Every once in awhile it would be nice to get with them, but the drive is long and boring.

10. DarkJediorion

Mar 27, 2005
    Hey brothers, I wanted to let you know that we are working on it and will get it up soon so you will have your own place to chat. I will send a message to our web guy today and ask what the official ETA is on the Dewback Ridge Squadron forum area. :)

We are pretty spread out, and the drive through these 3 states can really suck. But we will have those troops through out the year where all troopers get together. Otherwise the boards serve as more of a "think tank". You can get valuable information on costuming, or just plain ole encouragment! :)

Anyway, I promise you will have your own spot to dwell on the MG boards, and the squadron is in the mix. I have posted a request a few times on the Legion Council boards (Legion Command structure) to get the process moving along but there are a ton of issues being worked out with C3 coming up. Please know that this is my top priority right now as I know how important it is and how much "unity" can build up resiliance for any team. (Lets get you that immediately!! ;))

I will do my best to "get er done though".

I'll make sure to keep you guys posted!! ;)

Thanks brothers,

Wesley Barry
    TK0035/TD0035
    Mountain Garrison
    Executive Officer

11. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks Wes!

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Thanks for the update, Wes!

13. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Thanks Wes

14. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow Wess..thanks for the follow-up! Your brothers in NM appreciate it!

15. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks for being so diligent, Wes! You Rock!

16. DarkJediorion

Mar 27, 2005
    I spoke with our Web Team Leader and the second (literaly) we get approval, we are ready to go with your very own Squadron area.

That means it is just up to legion Command to give us the approval and go-ahead. I am going to check now on the status and will post another reply if I haven't heard anything.

TTYL,

Wesley Barry
    TK0035/TD0035
    Mountain Garrison
    Executive Officer

17. DarkJediorion

Mar 27, 2005
    oops, double post.

18. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    I posted on the Mtn forum, and see that the week of the 23rd 24th they are doing some trooping for "Pepsi" Anyone down here know of anything going on in NM? If so maybe we can make it before the BBQ

19. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I've been seeing that, too. They have a Pepsi plant up there, so it may be a Colorado thing.

20. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't remember a plant up there, where is it? Ft. Collins?

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I know there is one in Grand Junction

22. DarkJediorion

Mar 27, 2005
    I was thinking today about things your squadron can be doing while we are all waiting for the confirmation of the approval. Have you been working on a Squadron Logo or anything like that?

Jess had previously asked me if any of my guys could come up with something and I didn't get much response from them. not that they didn't want too, but just have a lot of projects going right now.

If anyone sees fit to put something together, Jess has a really cool idea of what he would like to have done. Any way you can post that Jess so everyone can get a template?

The only real requirement that the CO has asked all Squadrons to stay with, is mountains somewhere in the patch.

So I will keep on top of things and when C3 is up I will forward Jess anything I have recieved.

Also I thought you should know that there is a Command Meeting at C3 for all of the Garrisons Commanding officers in attendance. I will bring up the approval of the Dewback Ridge Squadron and see what the status and ETA are after C3. Who knows, maybe I can get it done right there.

I will keep you informed on it's status! :)

Thanks again, and I can't wait to see whay you guys come up with.

Wesley Barry
    TK0035/TD0035
    Mountain Garrison
    Executive Officer

23. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Thanks Wes! I know we can't wait that is the talk down here. we are working on a patch,Logo,banner and t shirt.
    Thanks agian for all your help from the 501st. DEWBACK RIDGE SQ in NEW MEXICO.

TI-1982

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok...Joseph, Peter and I, got together last night to work on designs for the new Squad logo! For the most part we got some awesome ideas and even got some of them down on paper! The beer was not to bad either! ;) Thanks Joseph!

25. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004