main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 501st Midwest Garrison at the Chicago Thanksgiving parade!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RexGetz, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    The 501st Midwest Garrison will be marching at Chicago Thanksgiving Parade. That's today 11/25/04 and it will be televised on ABC, from 9:00am 'till 11:00am.

Our group will be the last group (well, right before Santa's). I say our, 'cuz Emma (flippingyodacola) with her kick@$$ Aayla Secura costume & I (BobaFett costume) will be marching with them.

2. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Ch. 7 showed the very beginning of the 501st, but quickly cut to close-ups of Santa so they could gush all about that fat overrated jerkwad.

At least they're not still calling it the "jingle elf" parade.

Off to peel 'taters. Hope you guys weren't too cold out there.

-Le Penguin
    "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

3. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    Just got back home from the parade. We had a blast. It blows that we only had 1.5 seconds of camera action but people were tacking pics of us for over an hour. It was pretty cold when we got there, but not as bad as we thought it was going to to be.

4. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Heh, Thanks for including me in this thread...
    My mother says that she saw us for like 10 seconds. According to her that was a long time. *shrug* Something is better then nothing. Maybe next time we'll have more coordination float wise and more of a turnout.
    My toes are still cold.

5. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Speaking of the cold, more snow is coming...more snow is coming.

I'm debating whether or not to go to downtown Chicago just to window shop with my friends and eat pizza @ Uno's.

6. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I saw you guys....I was contemplating going...but my friend is in from Seattle...so I spent some time visiting....
    maybe next year if they do something...

Emma.....I didn't even see you and your Dad in the coach until I saw the screen captures at the MWG board...

looked like a lot of fun....
    maybe next year...if they do something...

7. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Being in the carriage was the only way I could keep my toes... And those screen captures aren't great...

8. morning_glory

morning_glory Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    I'm from Maryland but I spent a lot of time in Chicago last winter. When people talk about the cold and wind there, you better belive it. Anyway, I was up watching TV and saw what looked lik the Neiman Marcus on State. Not 5 minutes later I see some Stormtroopers and Lord Vader himself! I think it's pretty cool that you got into the parade and even cooler that (for some reason) they played it on ABC in Maryland. I just thought some of you might find it cool that it was seen so far away. Keep warm!

9. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    Thanks Morning Glory for the ups. WOW Maryland, WE ROCK!!!

For those that could not catch the parade, here is your chance. Thanks to Toby "Jack Sparrow", for the video. Parade Video
    It downloads really slow, so be patient.

[image=http://www.tk118.com/images/thanksgiving04/From_Chanel7low.jpg]

10. morning_glory

morning_glory Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    I was really surprised, too! It really made my night (what was left of it, it was about 5:30am) to see Chicago and a garrison of Stormtroopers. Thanks for posting the video!

11. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    We do tons of events.. I think I should probably post them, but I doubt it will be super appreciated.

12. RexGetz

Jun 13, 2003
    Tell me about it. :_|

13. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    I think Ill post ToyCon.

14. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Thanks for coming out to the parade Ray, Emma & Lionel! We appreciate your presence! :)

15. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "I think I should probably post them, but I doubt it will be super appreciated."

They've got their own board. Everyone knows about it. You can go there and get the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.