main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

501st Stormtrooper - Rose Parade Edition

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediRacer, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey all,
    I was one of the lucky ones chosen to participate in the 2007 Tournament of Roses Parade Star Wars Spectacular. I won't be one of the 200 Stormtrooper though, but one of two Rebel Fleet Troopers. Anyhow, I went to the headquarters hotel last night to check in and I was given a 501st Stormtrooper, just like the San Diego Comic-Con edition, but it has a sticker on the back with the Rose Parade Star Wars Spectacular logo on it and a George Lucas 501st Honorary Member card inside.

I just wanted to share that with you all.

I'll post a picture later.

2. nate_the_great

nate_the_great Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Congrats! Hope you have a fun time over there. I know I'll be watching!

3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    That's very cool! I would love to read any information about your experience that you have time to share. Have fun!

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's very cool. At least in your costume, your friends and family will be able to recognize you. :D

It'll be interesting to see how many of those figures will make it to eBay, and what they'll command. There can't be many of them.

5. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Sounds neat! I'll bet that'll be pretty fun... when exactly is the game showing?

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I will be able to see my friend as she told me what row she will be marching in and everything just now :D

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    This is a bit more last minute than I'd like, but exactly when and on which channel can one view the Rose Parade? All I'm seeing in the TV listings for tomorrow morning is President Ford's funeral... [face_worried]

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    "The Rose Parade will be broadcast on ABC, NBC, Univision,
    HGTV, Travel Channel, Discovery HD as well as KWHY
    and KTLA in the Los Angeles area."

Thats what it says on the parades's website

9. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I saw that.. but it doesn't say when and I can't find the parade listed for any of those channels...

Ok, got it. HGTV @ 8AM. And I think I actually get that channel...

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah according to the program guide on my TV it's on HGTV (Who knew I had such a station :p?) from 11:00 AM - 1:15 PM... That's EST.

I just wonder how many marching bands and SpongeBob floats I'm going to have to sit through to get a gander at George Lucas?

EDIT: I just read that Lucas will be doing the coin toss before the Rose bowl game between USC & Michigan... Not sure if it'll be televised or not, but something to look out for.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's an article here on TFN that has details on the parade. According to it Lucas and the SW floats should show up between 50 minutes and 1 hour into the parade (assuming things are on schedule).

12. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Most of the time the coin toss is televised.

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Is this you Racer? (I hope the link works)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k86/darth_manos/Rose%20Parade%202007/DSC07436copy.jpg

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    For those who didn't see the parade, GL was riding in an old time car... Looks like one of his daughters was with him. Later came the Ewok float then a Naboo float and all of the people in costume. It was really impressive.

They did show GL do the coin toss... Sounded like he got a loud round of applause. (His toss favored USC BTW, his alma mater... I smell a Qui-Gon chance cube type of moment here).

I was looking for you JediRacer, but I didn't see anyone that looked like your avatar :p.

15. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    My nephew went wild when Vader and the stormtroopers showed up! Didn't care for the ewoks but loved the troopers.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    No, that's not me. That's Robeewankenobe, he was the other Rebel Fleet Trooper. I was on the other side (the Darkside) of the Naboo float. THIS is the best picture of me actually in the parade. You can't see my face, but oh well.

Here are my photos of the experience.

I had a blast throughout the whole time. It was great meeting Star Wars fanatics from around the world. It was hard being a Rebel Trooper in a sea of Stormtroopers though. Seeing all the Star Wars fans in the crowd too just made me ecstatic.

Sorry for the late response, I've posted in so many threads everywhere, I can't keep track. I was too excited about the whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.