main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark 501st trooper arrested in Austraila

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ti7267, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21786303-661,00.html

My personal feelings on this, times have changed that even the weapons we carry may be concidered real. I think I won't be carrying my blaster to any events lol

2. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    Another thing to remember is Austraila has a VERY strict handgun and firearm laws. Ownership of firearms is next to impossible especially with the current governemtn leadership they have.

3. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Well reading the article you can't really blame the police here for their actions. They did what they are supposed to do, try and keep people safe. There are strict laws there against personal firearms (very similar to those in England from what I'm told) and seeing a potential weapon IS a scary thing to authorities in a very crowded place, such as a shopping mall. The guy should have been more careful with the backpack to make sure the "weapon" was more discreetly packed, or so plainly visible so it could be easily recognized as a toy and not a real (and dangerous) weapon.

I find this remark, from the article, "The man has been released on a summons to appear on a charge of posessing an unregistered firearm." kind of unusual; but if they want to spend taxpayer funds on this... Who am I to argue? *lol* Well, that and that the article's author misspelled "possessing." Spell check anyone? *g*

Hopefully the guy will get nothing more than a stern warning for effectively causing a scare for his carelessness. At worst I hope he gets some mild community service. He shouldn't be punished too badly for foolishly overlooking something like that. *shrugs* But you know, I'm willing to bet he NEVER lets that gun be seen when he's not in costume again (that or it he has it so obviously displayed as a prop and/or toy so it's not an issue). ;)

4. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    that's true he's a new trooper i hope that he doesn't quit

5. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    Maybe he should just be a Jedi instead. :)

6. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    hehe yeah i ever heard from some of the jedi's at CIV that they were checking everything i mean if you think about it a lightsaber could make a pipebomb :(

7. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    You'd think they'd just take his gun away from him while he was there and hand it back once he left if they had a problem with it. Rather than go through the time, expense and humliation of actually arresting the poor guy. AND he has a court appearance to make? Lame.

8. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    A court appearance for possessing an unregistered firearm? Where the fiddlestick is the doggone firearm??? That was a toy! I hope the judge gives whoever sent the guy to court a good piece of his mind for wasting everyone's time over a "firearm" that doesn't even exist!

@};-

9. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Just wait, some idiot is going to bring a real gun while in costume and ruin it for everybody.

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    The Garrisons' CO took care of it.
    I believe all charges have been dropped.

11. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    wingie what you doing brother? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.