main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 50k.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Everton, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This is the 50,000th post I've made with this username. [face_relieved] It's taken me nearly nine and a half years. That's a long time. I blame the temp boards for that. Had we spent less time temping I would've hit this milestone in an easy nine. :rolleyes:

I registered in July of 2003 to discuss Star Wars. I didn't even know about the community forum but soon found it after it turned out the Prequel Trilogy was destined to be crap from start to finish.

I've enjoyed two legendary stints as a JCC mod, banned darth_boy, banned Roper, posted as Ignant, been to most of the old offshoot boards, bemoaned Comms, bemoaned Comms again, been embarrassed in Comms, kicked ass in Comms, visited New York and not met up with any of the resident JCers, loved posting about football, Doctor Who, Sherlock, LotR / Hobbit, Avatar, The Beatles, Downton Abbey, won the FFUK worst thread award three or four times running, proclaimed the 'Player of his Generation', declared pizza, been a RICHARDSON, stormed out of a focus group after asking to participate, coined the term 'QMAOFT', finished second in the 4th (I think) Big Brother game, hosted 'Who Wants To Be A Million Colours', fallen for a lame Rolling Stones practical joke, attended Celebration Europe... etc, etc, etc...

I know Jacen's thread is all about love of the JCC, but this is the best forum on the Internet. It's impossible to give up, but that's for a very good reason. Underneath all the squabbling, drama and history is a fantastic community that, when the chips are down, pulls together as only a true community can. People want to be involved. The Internet is decried for many reasons. Some still look down upon online communities, but how else could so many people, from so many corners of the world, from so many different backgrounds, come together and stay together? Fifteen, sixteen years this forum has been around. It's fantastic. I consider myself lucky to have found it.

I'm not going to write anything individual about all those who have made these 50,000 posts (predominantly) a tremendous part of my life. That's a tradition long abandoned it seems. Nonetheless, there are loads of you I consider friends (for various reasons) despite the fact I've only met a handful... hal, epic, Roper, JR, Omega, Jenn, Jello, Rachel, Roo, Vin, tom, Kate, malkie, yankee, Daveed, Brian, Dani, jp, KW, juliet, fatburt, Ivory, Ignant (wtf?), Frieda, Juli, Beth, Chewgumma, Ulicus, ophie, Tracy, ObiWan506, Armen, Mr_Burns, Cheeky-Beak, Aquila, B_F_2001, jedi_john, Asabrush, Cor, MasterP, Erwin, Spike, zac, Idri, Kristie, Kyp, Whilla, Cobra, Amos, Isbeth, ZAP, Welshguy... and so many other names I can't remember from the past. Nine years is a lot of past and I don't keep notes.

Finally though, and most importantly... the person who makes me eternally glad I was once a Star Wars nerd, and once keen enough to register here. The JC, 50,000 posts and an "Oh, it's you!" lead me to you, Maria. [face_love]

Love can blossom on a message board, and if that's the legacy of this place for only a few, then that's legacy enough.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    gul dukat, fanny packs, other jokes we've shared... big ups big e.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Congrats Chris! [:D]

I agree, this place is great.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi, E. 'Rats.

I also met my girlfriend here.

Still, LCNBOAMBLOL.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This just made me aware that the stars/nuke icon thingy is not there anymore.

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I still get annoyed about that action figure. :p

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    It is for "speshul people". [face_frustrated] *bitter*

Anyway...

Congrats, Chris! [:D][:D][:D] [face_love] :*

Everton likes this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wow, 50k? I've only got about 4.2k posts and I registered only about a year after you.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats.:)

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    The question is though, how many of those 50k posts were worth reading?

I kid. Since when was that the point of message boards?
    Congrats on the big 50,000.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    50k? Oh, is that all? :p

MrZAP and Everton like this.
  12. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Lub u E.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That's some fine posting Everton, mighty fine

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  15. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I got more mentions than his girlfriend. I win.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    still not as many as comms though. we know what he really loves.

MrZAP and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  17. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    Really need the ability to 'like' multiple parts of a post though. Congrats!

18. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh]

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Congrats, E!

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Many, many thanks for being a part of this community, Chris. :cool: I honestly didn't know of the existence of the Everton football club until you began posting here. :p

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    your finest moment is still the bit where you fell for that April Fools joke about the Rolling Stones. Good times.

22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Congratulations, Everton!

23. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Congrats, E. You've always been awesome. I'm pretty disappointed we didn't meet at CVI. But maybe next time. 'nuff love!

24. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Many congrats.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wocky is going to slit his throat when he sees this thread.

Congrats, Chris... for old times' sake, you should be modded for a day. :p

Healer_Leona likes this.