main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It's apparently a new site...check it out

Sturm : Changed thread title. Originally "HoloNetNews.com = canon?"

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    It's like the Adventure Journal newsnets...awsome! We now know which month of the year AotC takes place in, also!

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I think it's more EU to chew on... Now the question is, are the purits gonna consider it canon ?

(Hey, it's written 'Chandrila' on the first page, after all :eek: )

EDIT : SENATOR GARM BEL IBLIS

They definitively ain't gonna consider it canon !!! :D

EDIT 1 : This looks really really really cool... So 'in-universe'...

EDIT 2 : Try 0-0-0 for the wether report... Lol... Magma on Coruscant ?

EDIT 3 : Oh... It's random. :(

EDIT 4 : [image=http://www.holonetnews.com/meta/img/ads/468_3.gif]

[face_laugh]

That's already my fifth pant I have to change since half an hour...

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Where is the Lucasfilm copyright information located at the site?

Edit: Bingo I found it: link

"Terms of Use
    1. Agreement to Terms.

By using this site, you signify that you agree to these Terms of Use. In addition, when using particular services available on this site, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use the site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms of Use at any time. Please check these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of this site after the posting of changes to these terms will mean you agree to abide by those changes. Please note that additional and/or different terms of use may apply to services provided through one or more business associates of Lucasfilm, and you should refer to those before using such services.

2. Ownership.

This site is owned and operated by Lucasfilm Ltd. The contents of this Web site are © Lucasfilm Ltd. & trademark. All rights reserved. STAR WARS®, STARWARS.COM®, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK®, RETURN OF THE JEDI®, STAR WARS: EPISODE I-THE PHANTOM MENACE®, STAR WARS: EPISODE II-ATTACK OF THE CLONES®, HOLONET NEWS and THX® and all logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of Lucasfilm Ltd. Any use of any of the materials on this site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited. The sale, auction, lease, loan, gift, trade or barter, or use of any of the text, graphics, photographs, audio and/or video material or stills from audiovisual material or any other materials contained herein, for any other purpose, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the use of any of the aforementioned materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment, without a prior written consent from Lucasfilm, is expressly prohibited. The creation of derivative works based on the materials contained herein including, but not limited to, products, services, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise (whether sold, bartered or given away) is expressly prohibited. You may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Lucasfilm's copyright and other proprietary rights.

3. Links.

This site includes links to other Internet sites solely as a convenience to users. Lucasfilm Ltd. does not endorse any such linked sites or the information, material, products or services contained on other linked sites or accessible through other linked sites. Furthermore, Lucas makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products or services that are contained on or accessible through linked sites. Access and use of linked sites, including information, material, products and services on linked sites or available through linked sites is solely at the user's own risk.

4. Submissions.

Lucasfilm's company policy does not allow it to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those it has specifically requested. Accordingly, we must request that no visitors to this site submit or send any original creative materials, including but not limited to submissions of scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts. If at our request you send certain specific submissions (e.g., postings to chats, surveys, message boards, contests, or similar items) or, despite our request that you no

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    YES...I thought that it would be years until we'd have exact date placements for Prequel Events. This appears to be a new, cool thing to do, much like the LucasArts NRI reports.

I love you Lucasfilm! [face_love]

6. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Down there. Written in Aurebesh. (C) Lucasfilm 2002.

EDIT : Oh, you meant that...

EDIT 1 : "COCO DISTRICT, CORUSCANT -- Commuters are advised that Skyroute D25D, which connects the Coco District to the Boribos and Hirkenglade Prefectures, will be detoured from Kansen Entrance to Trotus Exit, starting tomorrow. Necessitating the redirection of traffic is the construction of a new refuse launch port to help combat the growing garbage crisis in Coco District. Central Services estimates the traffic rerouting will be in effect for a standard week."

Seems someone's been reading Rogue Planet @ LFL. :D

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Baktoid droids closing down, :D. Move over for the geonosians, :D. Of course baktoid may be owned by said race, :D.

8. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah Val, I just saw that too... Everything is being pieced together !!! Yeeehahaha !

Did you see Balmorra, as well ? I was mentionning it a few days ago... Seems the planet's neutral, more or less. With Baktoid doing BD, and another company the AT-TEs I suppose.

EDIT : And we got a SoroSuub logo, finally :

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/meta/img/ads/600_1.gif]

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Palpatine looks like TRICLOPS!

10. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Yup, Sturm. EVERYTHING is beginning to fit together... Let's search the site for Mandalorian references !

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The sorusuub logo I think was originaly in WEG.

12. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Oh, my bad.

Seems we have a happy mom or dad as well : Governor Tanis Mothma.

13. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    This is AWESOME!

If it is official, which looks like it is, then I consider it canon! :)

Again, I can't stress how awesome this is, this will be a DAY LONG REMEMBERED for Star Wars fans!!! :)

What a great idea from LFL! :)

14. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Damn, I'm always one off on the lottery picks! Why do I buy them, then!

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    So, since A New Hope takes place in month 3...and AotC takes place in month 5...the film takes place 22.8 months BBY!

16. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    "NEW VERTICA, NAR SHADDAA -- Authorities are still attempting to discover the source of an unregistered and therefore illegal bounty posting on Count Dooku of Serenno found on a Nar Shaddaa datanet. The posting, offering 1 million Republic credits standard for the delivery of Dooku's remains, was discovered two weeks ago on the public datanet. The posting was not listed in the Republic Enforcement DataCore or the Bounty Hunters Guild. The contact information leads to a dummy message account from which no leads were discovered. The Republic has roundly rejected involvement in the posting of the bounty on the secessionist movement's loudest advocate. "This current crisis will be resolved through procedure and negotiation, not illegal vigilantism," stressed Mas Amedda, Vice Chair of the Senate. "

We've got Dooku's homeworld!...Serenno.

17. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    And the Jedi refusing to return the baby story is too funny ! [face_laugh]

And there are Z95 on the website !!!

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : THIS IS NOT A WEBSITE FOR PURISTS.

EDIT 1 : "Others, like Senator Garm Bel Iblis (Corellia), were more pragmatic about the issue. "Where is this army going to come from? Who will get stuck with the bill for its creation? The Republic taxpayer. We should stay with Planetary Security Forces that have worked for centuries. The Corellian people are not going to pay for both CorSec and this Republic Army.""

Coooool !

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The Supreme Chancellor avoided partisan arguments, though his past statements have indicated he is against the Military Creation Act. "My ultimate goal is a peaceful resolution to this conflict, above all," said Palpatine at the end of his announcement. "But if such a resolution requires the creation of a military, as decreed by the Senate, then I will abide by the will of the Republic, a Republic that has stood strong for a thousand generations, that has enjoyed peace for a thousand years."

So, they have had overall peace since the battle of ruusan, but have a republic that has been around 25,000 years, :D.

19. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Oh... Yes !

20. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Neat little reference to AJ Holonets: they're using the exact same calender. Note that it says its the year "13" ...remeber that in the AJs, the Battle of Yavin was year "35."

35 - 13 = 22!

22 BBY! so cool!

21. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    BTW, you'll notice it defaults to /46/

You can go back to number 45, but before that there's nothing. Cool stuff about Ando.

Less than two standard hours after this morning's secession of Ando and Sy Myrth was made official, jubilant anti-Republic protestors filled the streets of Quantill City's busy Raquish Thoroughfare, celebrating the separation...

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It really shouldn't be using the BBY should it? I mean that battle hasn't even happened yet. Shouldn't have some old republic dating system?

23. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Looks like they're blaming the lack of previous issues on slicer attacks. :)

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Mavrick -- That's sweet! It reinforces our "Clone Wars seeds" battles theories in the CWs thread as happening at 35 BSW4.

25. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    And we got a pic of Shu Mai from TAS :

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/46/regional/img/story_1.gif]

EDIT : Now we know when SoroSuub became the gvt of the planet. :)

Where did you see the thing about crackers, Dev ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.