5DMkII & Monitor troubles

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jedi_Monk, Mar 3, 2012.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Jedi_Monk Jedi Master

star 3
    Years ago, before the HD revolution, I used to come around here quite often. Now I return, begging for help. Here's the scenario:

I bought a ProAm 7" LCD monitor (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002USRKF8/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details) a little while ago and I'm just getting around to testing it. It comes with AV to RCA cable and an RCA coupler back to AV cable. So, I plugged one AV into the "A/V In" on the monitor, and the other AV into the "A/V Out" on the 5D, and coupled them together. The 5D live-view screen goes black (as expected), but the monitor's not receiving any video. I've played with the AV/TV controls and nothing...

For a while, I fumingly guessed that I just had gotten a bum monitor, but then I hooked it up to my DVD player (using first the AV to RCA coupler, and then the AV to RCA cable) and it received the signal just fine.

So obviously, the weak link has something to do with my 5D... does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate any and all suggestions!

Help me, forcenet fan film people, you're my only hope!
  2. ElectroFilms Jedi Knight

star 3
    Might be an issue with the camera. I've never had a problem outputting through the AV jack to a monitor.
    Does the monitor have any other inputs? Such as HDMI?
Moderators: AdamBertocci