main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5K?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Touch, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    As well as the half-marathon that is being run Saturday morning there is also a 5K being run at 8:20. Is there anyone else "interested" in running the 5K? It would be fun for a group of us to run, some maybe in costume.

An additional thought would be to show up in costume along the route and cheer the runners on with Star Wars slogans before the SWC starts. The half-marathon starts at 8:00.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Where is the 5K at? I haven't heard of this.

3. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
  4. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I totally forgot about that. I am probably in running shape for that, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy to do that one. At one point I was considering running with Leia buns on my head and a SWC2 t-shirt on from the starting line to ICC. Might still do that. I'll be at the start and probably finish of the bigger race because my boyfriend, his sister, and their father are running and my mother and his mother may be walking.

Man, I feel like a wimp.

5. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    COME ON! Don't tell me I am the only SW geek in good enough shape to run a little over three miles! The 5K starts at 8:20, most people should be able to run it, clean up and make it to CII before everyone can get in.

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh I can do it, or I would be able to by the time it comes around. I'm in physical therapy right now that is preventing me from hoping on the treadmill. But I don't know if I'd have time for it. Sorry man.

7. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    **Tries to imagine hungover and/or tired Star Wars fans from the previous night's parties, running in a 5K race in costumes**

Man!! what a sight that would be!!!! ;)

I think I could do the race, but honestly would NOT have the energy after staying up all night talking Star Wars. Besides, I would need my strength for the rest of the activities at Celebration...lol

Celebration will be like living on a Star Wars High.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.