main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

5pc imperial hoth set

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SSIntimidator, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I saw on tru/amazon website this will be out in Sept. Anyone have a pic? I wasn't sure where to look on RS.com

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Try the comic-con feature on the site. You might have to sift through it but it should be in there.

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    If I recall correctly it will be three Snowtroopers, General Veers, and a Probe Droid.

From what we've seen all of them are rehashed from the POTF2 versions with the figure labelled as Veers being a re-tooled AT-AT Commander. There is also a single tripod cannon for the troopers in the set. All are packaged very nicely as a Battle Pack similar to the current Jedi vs. Sith set that's hitting stores now.

Of course all that was shown at Comic-Con was a mock-up, so it's possible (but not likely) that the Veers might be a new figure. Of course, the back of the package curious showed a vintage figure instead of the POTF2 version for Veers...which was quite amusing to see.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I don't really think there is a possiblity of the Veers being a new figure. When the battle packs were first shown at CIII Hasbro made a point of saying that only the first set would include any new figures. All the other sets would either be re-packs or re-paints.

Here is a pic. Its too long for the board's coding so you'll have to cut and paste.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/battle_packs/IMG_0052.JPG

Edit: Maybe you won't have to cut and paste. When the **** did we get auto linking?

Edit 2: Apparently around the same time as a language filter :p

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Oh...I know there's not really much of a possibility...I'm just holding on to whatever slim irrational hope I might have. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.