I.E., CA 5th Annual Unofficial SW Fan Day at Disneyland - June 27th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    June 27th marks the 5th Annual Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland.

This is open to members of Fan Force, The Rebel Legion, the 501st, and any SW fans.

Fan Force has a traditional lunch at Pizza Port at noon that anyone is welcome to attend, followed by the group photo at 2pm in front of the castle.

As usual, T-shirt will be on sale for the event, and all proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

www.starwarsdisneyland.com
  2. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Updated.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=68951074618

http://www.myspace.com/starwarsdisneyland

Tell yer friends!

I'm gonna miss it cos i'm in Arizona that weekend for a concert. :_|
  3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, after nearly seven years without stepping foot in the Magical Kingdom, this year's gonna be different. If I start saving now, it's a definate possibility. [face_praying]

My original plan was to use my 'get-in-free-on-your-birthday' coupon ten days later, but who wants to go to Disneyland alone?

Besides, with a Greyhound station less than half a mile away, what could be simpler? :D
  4. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Not to burst your bubble, but, as far as I understand, you can only use your free birthday pass on your actual birth date. I could be wrong, however, you might want to check into that further just to be sure.
  5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I meant I'd originally wanted to go to Disneyland on my birthday; which is ten days after the Fan Day.:D Don't worry, I wasn't planning on using the 'get-in-free' voucher on any day oher than the one it was intended for- hence the 'start saving' comment.
  6. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    I was just worried that you were planning on using the birthday pass and I didn't want you to be disappointed if it couldn't be used after your day.
  7. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Hey lookie lookie! Here's the new shirt for the event! SWEET! [face_dancing]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/SWDD2009_COLORFLARE.jpg]

Do we have a head count as of yet?

Going To SWDLFD

Mike
    Wifey
    Dane

By the way, came across this tidbit of info on Star Tours[face_thinking] [face_praying]

Codenamed "LODESTAR," there's a secret LucasFilm shoot going on right now that would have any Star Wars fan wishing they could be a fly on the wall. That's because the likes of Boba Fett, Admiral "It's A Trap!" Ackbar, Tusken raiders and man-behind-the-'bot Anthony Daniels, who brought C-3PO to life, are all in attendance. The part of me that rode this ride countless times a child is excited for more Star Wars content, but I'm a bit nervous thinking about how much of the revamp will feel like the prequels, whereas Star Tours right now is indisputably seated in the original trilogy. (The ride hasn't changed since it opened in 1987, after all.)

/Film has the scoop:

Sources reveal that the revamp will incorporate prequel characters (like Naboo citizens and Geonosians) along with many aliens from the original trilogy (Aqualish, Bith, Rodians, etc). In the action sequence, the Star Tours vehicle is now going to be chased by Boba Fett. C3PO and R2-D2 are still the hosts, and Anthony Daniels will be recording his parts this week. Admiral Ackbar holographically communicates with the Star Tours vehicle.
    That doesn't sound too bad, though the ride as it stands it epic. It starts as you make your way toward the Endor moon, miss it completely, and end up in a field of comets, fighting off Star Destroyers and finally blowing up the Death Star. Being chased by Boba Fett sounds fun, but let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they do this venerable ride justice.
  8. delta_1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The new Star Tours sounds like it has promise. Gotta love Ackbar.
  9. pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ugh! I unfortunately am a no go on this one. The 27th is too close for me to save up enough money to go. I will be there in spirit though, esspecially when everyone rides Star Tours.
  10. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  11. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Pretty sure Star Tours is closed for refurbishing, but we'll have you there in spirit for everything else we do. I'm in for the day!
  12. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Still open...for now at least. Was just there Saturday :)
  13. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    My bad. Glad to know I was wrong about that one!!
  14. DarthMalum Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I am sure I will miss the picture but I might run down after work
  15. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    What??? Is it true??? The man...the myth...the legend...#3 of the three amigos...you're coming to Disneyland??? I've got digital pictures with your name all over them pal! I sure hope you can make it indeed. We need some new "magic" to happen.

For all you new members of the IEFF, you're in for a real treat when you meet Ronnie, husband of Nikol. He's slightly crazy (we like it that way) and totally funny. Just look at any of our "outings" and you'll see why he is missed when not around. I've attached a few pics here

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/June%20Meeting%206%2008/JuneMeeting608035.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/June%20Meeting%206%2008/JuneMeeting608066.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/June%20Meeting%206%2008/JuneMeeting608081.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/Disney%20Star%20Wars%20Fan%20Day%206%2008/StarWarsDisneyland608105.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/Disney%20Star%20Wars%20Fan%20Day%206%2008/StarWarsDisneyland608116.jpg]

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2008%20EVENTS/Disney%20Star%20Wars%20Fan%20Day%206%2008/StarWarsDisneyland608191.jpg]

16. jedidad1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there. I missed the last 2 years do to family issues. But this year is a GO!!!
    Brian
  17. jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Awesome! It'll be nice to see you there!! :D

What??? Is it true??? The man...the myth...the legend...#3 of the three amigos...you're coming to Disneyland??? I've got digital pictures with your name all over them pal! I sure hope you can make it indeed. We need some new "magic" to happen.

For all you new members of the IEFF, you're in for a real treat when you meet Ronnie, husband of Nikol. He's slightly crazy (we like it that way) and totally funny. Just look at any of our "outings" and you'll see why he is missed when not around. I've attached a few pics here

LOL Mike, you totally crack me up. I forgot about some of those pics. His madness is part of his charm. LOL
    Yours too. And Bill's. [face_laugh]
  18. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Glad you get to make it to Disney, Brian! It was great seeing you at the library event.

Honestly, I think everyone in this group is touched with a bit of madness. It's one of the reasons we all get along so well. However, some do have worse cases of madness than others!
  19. DarthMalum Jedi Youngling

star 2
    yeah my madness got me kicked out of the Jedi order, so i got a little boarded and ran out of bad guys to cut down with my light saber and turned on my own guys it could happen to anyone right? well that kind of thing is accepted by the Sith so I will stay over here thank you.
  20. DarthMalum Jedi Youngling

star 2
    oh yeah and looking back at those pictures that one with the bike, I really thought I had that wheely oh well just means we have to go back so I can try again.
  21. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Ummm, isn't that one of the places we're banned from???
  22. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Shhhhh....don't let anyone know[face_whistling]
  23. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Just ordered my t-shirts for this year![face_dancing]
  24. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm going to have to skip the t-shirt this year. :(
  25. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    At least you'll be there, which is more important anyways!:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.