1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th November)

Oz Comic Con: 2017

Oceania 6-6-06 National Emo Kid Beatdown Day

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Teknobabel, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    But Hawk if I were saying something like "I wanna shin kick all terrorists" or what not you'd have no problem.
    I think you fail to realise that emo kids are worse than terrorism.
  2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    'Scept emo kids aren't threatening to blow you up (roofle if you think you're likely to die at the hands of terrorists anyway, but that's a topic for another thread). So, continue minus the violence, or don't continue.
  3. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Can I post a random picture of a shin kick anyway?
    I mean without the threats of violence.
  4. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    That would then be off-topic in this thread and irrelevant. ;)
  5. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Hmmm...
    [image=http://members.aol.com/Thaiboxing2000/teep.jpg]
    I feel it is on topic because I think it represents how society is always against them. A kick in the face is a metaphor for every time their hearts are crushed by those conformists out there with their day jobs and designer clothing.

HeHe...lame.
  6. Sith Magician Jedi Master

star 5
    PPOR

It could also be argued that blind hatred of any group of people based soley on the fact you feel you are supposed to hate them is not only worse than terrorism, but is a mentality that leads to it.

7. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    i hate vegimite. does that make me evil?
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    To make that more emo, you need to be purely in lower case.

E_S

9. Sith Magician Jedi Master

star 5
    So, tolerance is emo and deserves to be mocked.

That's a great argument.

Thing is Ender, I know you don't actually believe that, and I have seen you quash other such bigoted opinions in the past.

I have no idea why you're pandering to the crowd on this one.
  10. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ah come on guys none of this is 'spose to be taken seriously.
    Sure the opening image is a bit tasteless but I thought it was a good yarn...nothing more, nothing less.

I hate emos, I really hate them, but I'm not going to go out of my way to give one a real bollocking just because of that. I don't think anyone here would really do that.
    We're just having a bit of fun at the expense of cheap immitation goths(nothing wrong with the true goths)/attention seeking/depression faking teens who ruined youtube and online blogs for everyone else.

Just a wee bit of harmless fun, unless someone takes it all seriously, although I doubt anyone here would.
  11. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    Sithy,

Here's a new word:

relax.

It's actually OK to take the piss now and then! I promise. You can lighten up.

E_S
  12. Sith Magician Jedi Master

star 5
    Yes, because now, no one else can use them :rolleyes:

Noted. However I suspect if this was against any other group of people rather than those it's become trendy to hate, for whatever reason, it would be quickly locked.

Something no one has ever been able to satisfactorily explain to me though:

What is it Emos do that makes people hate them?

How is it that a completely harmless group of kids who, for the most part, mind their own business and don't bother anyone else has caused such an adverse reaction to the general public?
  13. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Fair enough. Ahwell, I don't want to get into any arguments with mates over this.
    Just having a bit of harmless fun, something the oceania forums never seam to be a part of these days.

If this thread was an anti anything thread I'd still have jumped on it just for the hell of it.
    Just happened to be emos this time around ;)
  14. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight

star 5
    Personally, I don't really like emo kids, if just for the fact for their fake depression that I think Ender outlined earlier. I have little time for people who feel sorry for themselves (when they are far more fortunate than many, many others), or put themselves in situations whereby another person is made to feel obliged to help them. I say, let the people with genuine reasons to feel depressed feel depressed. That's fine. But those other people who have this "Ah, poor me" attitude when there's no need...well, it just gives me the ****s. It's attention seeking and immture. [face_plain]

So, I suppose it's not really the emo kids I dislike, but more so the quality outlined above. We live in a pretty intolerent society, anyhow...but that's another topic.

Edit: I thought my swearing would have been blocked in the usual way...
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    Sith, it could have read national beat dudes who dress up in suits as animals and collect money for charity day, and we'd still have a laugh.'

We're Australians.

That's what we do.

E_S
  16. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Emo kids = not worth this drama. Given the tone this thread has taken, I can't see much reason for leaving it open.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.