main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY 6 Days And Counting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,

6 days to the big event. We have saved the club $40 by finding a popcorn machine for free thanks to Lordinvar's better half. Also, we will have a seperate cooler for just the club members drinks, I assume the cooler will be the one TKYTROOPER is bringing. So bring drinks for yourselves and put your intials on them. In the other coolers we will have drinks for sale for $1.00 each, popcorn will be .75 a bag. Also, if anyone would like to bake or bring "homemade" cookies, brownies, etc.. to sell that would be great. My wife and I will be bringing cookies, brownies, and rice krispie treats for the bake sale. For the raffles so far we have the bk standee, and a Yoda/Mickey 2 pack varient which probably will be popular only with sw toy collectors but every little bit helps. If we have enough donations left over from the door prizes maybe we could put together a package of swag for a raffle, we'll see. Does anyone know how many slices come in a Michaels large pizza? I will call later on to find out for sure. Pizza will be worth $1 a slice, possibly more depending on how big the slices are. We will of course be discussing these topics on Wednesday but this way I can see what everyone thinks before hand. Everyone keep promoting our selected charity and try to get some canned food donations. Also, I have an idea of the people to ask to fill our 3 officer spots which are sectratary, treasurer, and VP, and we will be voting them in, if they accept the positions, on Wednesday, Feb. 1st (let me know if that is a good night for everyone)Now if any of you are interested in any of these positions, and I don't know about it, please let me know. I think thats all for now, I will post any other thoughts but give me feedback on this post. post soon. pv

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    A few items I will be bringing for raffles/giveaways:

An Original Return of the Jedi Sketchbook

Saga Collection General Veers

Episode I Tank model

1 box Target Exclusive 5-pak Sith Cases

Custom edited DVD of Clone Wars Vol 1 (pending as time and tech afford)

Will be bringing Tollhouse Cookies for Bake Sale

Decorated Boxes for food donations to Martha's.

Decorated jars for monetary donations to Martha's

Should have the Popcorn Machine on Friday Morning to bring. Will bring sign for that courtesy Oakview Nursing and Rehab (their charitable donation to our cause for Martha).

Still investigating Sound System option.

More if I need to post it.

3. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    As of right now, I will be offering up 3 Aayla Secura one-shot promo posters from Dark Horse Comics, and a Greedo mini bust bust from Gentle Giant Studios, some of the BK sith toys and god knows what else I will find between now and Friday!

I will have a complete list of items donated from Crash! Comics at the meeting on Wednesday night and will have them in hand then also.

Later

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I have the Crash donations at my house now and I will have a complete list Wed. I still don't know what all I will donate personally. The large pizza is 8 slices per pie and we figured $1.50 a slice. They are pretty big. What are we gonna do about a speaker system? If we are turning the screen to the other wall I am afraid we are definately gonna need a different speaker set-up.

5. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, if Sithmonger and pacervader help to disassemble and reassemble from my place as promised, I can and will bring mine.

If that works out - I guarantee that you will FEEL the battle of Hoth, Coruscant, Yavin and Endor as well as see them.

The only worry we will have is librarians coming in to tell us to quiet it down because we are shaking the whole building.

Ask pacervader - he has experienced it first hand.

If we are able to do that - then I guarantee that the experience is going to be Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround theatrical, with the only betterment being an IMAX 12 channel ESX sound system.

Next to an 8 foot Plasma screen in my living room, this will be as good as it could possibly get.

Then comes the HD-DVDs next year and we begin this odyssey of buying a retooled Saga all over again.

Oh well, more opportunities for Saga Weekends then.

6. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    the pizza price sounds good. Lordinvars system will suite our needs nicely. When would you want to take it apart? I have family coming in Thursday night but Wednesday afternoon after 1:00pm would be fine for me. Let me know.

7. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    I would probably not want to begin taking the system apart until Thursday evening or Friday morning, as my TV's sound is piped through the system, and the wife and kiddies have their "shows" and movies they watch with it. They are willing to "sacrifice" the sound system for the weekend.

The wife is just adamant that the system be returned and hooked up as it was, in time for the Superbowl the following weekend - which should not be a problem as I would want to hook it all back up Monday.

The spaghetti of cable and speaker wire for the front channel speakers, right and left towers, front sub, powered downfiring sub and the rear channel speakers all need to hook into the DVD player and the Receiver - by which the sound is possible. Not difficult, but simply time consuming, and I do worry slightly about the library wincing at the rumble of warfare. Hopefully they will make exception for us.

The ONLY real thing we may have to accomodate is extra heavy guage speaker wire for the surround speakers - as with the room configuration, we may need more cable than I have available. I may need to stop at Home Depot on the way home Wed. nite to pick up 200 feet of the dual orange cable for the distance of the rear channel speakers in that room.

8. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    That all sounds doable, does anyone have a whole bunch of heavy duty speaker wire? I can come over early Friday morning to help with the sound system. My class is at 11:00 so before 10:30 works for me.

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Just a quick note, ff members will be let into the library at 8:00am on Saturday and 11:30am on Sunday. That should allow us enough time to open everything up. So hopefully we can all be there early. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.