main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX 6 Degrees of 'MANOS'

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Jarvis, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Well, to change my mood a bit, and to let ya'll know something I just found out... Here goes...

Well, back in the mid 90's, I got hooked on Mystery Science Theater 3000, I watched the show for several years, but only saw this film a few times. IMO it was the first time I ever saw a movie so bad in EVERY aspect of filmmaking. Its truely a classic in its ineptness, and if not for the bots, and Joel it would be compleatly unwatchable. That itself made 'Manos' my faveorite MST3K ever, and was always on my list to have.

Several years later... well last year. I put in a request at Movie Trading Co. for this film, and waited. About 6 months later they finnaly called me and said they had 'Manos' waiting for me, so I picked it up. It also happend to be a few days before the Halloween party, so I didnt have time to watch it before I left it for the folks at the party to watch.

Time Passed... :p and now I got the film back and watched it for the first time in years. I laughed my arse off again, and was able to see who made the most horrable POS (IMO) in the history of film. But to my shock (well not really) it was edited by someone who works in the Production Co I'm in! In fact I talk with the guy weekly, and even built a computer for him.

I asked him about it, and he said, it was a POS, and he was hired to try to 'fix it' lol.

I'm not dropping names here cause 'Manos' The Hands of Fate, is not somthing to be proud of. But it is wild, that my Fave MST3K was made by someone I actually work with, and see on a constant basis.

:cool:

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I have the MSTied Manos on tape somewhere. I like to pop it in the VCR from time to time.

Man it is a god awful movie.

3. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    That's cool that you know a guy who worked on it and he even says it's a POS :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.