main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

6-Episode BTM

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Obi-Ewan, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    In 1998, Lucas Arts published a CD-ROM entitled Star Wars: Behind the Magic, a virtual encyclopedia about the original trilogy, with information about the evolution of the stories, the technology behind the films, the characters, the actors, you name it.

In 1999, coinciding with the release of Episode I, Lucas Arts published a similar CD-ROM regarding just Episode I. Apparently neither sold very well, because both are now out of print, and no such guide was made for Episode II.

With the release of Episode III, however, it seems there will be enough information for another CD. Not only will another trilogy be complete, but the entire saga will be complete. I for one would love to see all the information about Episodes II and III placed on a CD, but I think by 2005, no one will want the Episodes to be treated separately, and thus a new CD could embrace the entire series. Does anyone here think Lucas will do this? And for that matter, would anyone here buy it?

2. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm not familiar with the BTM series but isn't that the sort of things that would be ideal for second disc DVD material?

3. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I always wanted to get the Behind The Magic thing with a Lucas Arts game, but I just never got around to it. :( That'd be cool if they did a whole saga type thing though. :D

4. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    i had the first one. don't know where it is now.

5. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    I had the ep1 one, always meant to pick up the other one.

6. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    Okay what exactly are on these things?

7. Phredreeke87

Phredreeke87 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I think I got something similar, "making magic" about new scenes of the special editions, with Yoda Stories.

Anyway, it's not a bad idea, but I'd rather have the extras on the dvd edition (maybe a box set with all six episodes once the saga is complete?)

8. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I have the OT BTM CDROM, and I think it's great. If the extra stuff on the eventual OT DVD is nearly as comprehensive as this, then I think a lot of people will be happy! (Assuming that they make it accessible to people with DVD players as opposed to DVD drives on their computers...)

The stuff on it that I can remember are;

Screenplays for all 3 films, including behind the scenes info, stuff about early drafts, radio plays and novelisations. LOADS of info...

Deleted scenes from ANH of Luke seeing the Star Destroyer & Blockade Runner fight from Tatooine through his binoculars, one of him meeting up with his friends (including Biggs), and the original version of the Cantina scene (the makeup guy was sick when they filmed it so most of the aliens looked really shoddy- which is why the cool ones in the film are only seen in close-up but aren't anywhere in the wider shots. Plus you see Han Solo's girlfriend, and get to hear all the overdubbed aliens' original voices which is kind of funny...)

Loads of stuff about the EU which I never bothered to look at...

Walk-through the Falcon,

Weapons test,

Character, Vehicle and Weapons guide.

Episode I preview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.