main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

6 or 9?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Disco_Dark_Jeedai, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    So technically, there are 49 Star Wars movies. :eek:

1. A New Hope
    2. Star Wars Christmas Special (although this too can be broken into seperate movies - Fett cartoon, etc.)
    3. ESB
    4. ROTJ
    5. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
    6. Ewoks: Battle for Endor
    7. 14 Droid Episodes
    • 4 Trigon One
    • 5 Mon Julpa
    • 1 Heep
    • 4 Mungo Baobob
    21. 26 Ewok Episodes
    47. The Phantom Menace
    48. Attack of the Clones
    49. (Episode III)

Did I miss any Star Wars movies?

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Don't forget the games which have moving pictures(Cutscenes tieing the script together).

As well as star tours.

I've also heard some audio dramas before be called a term known as "Aural Movies". (Moving Sound.)

3. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    I'd say that's stretching things to include the game. And more importantly, technically-speaking (well, since we are being technical to get to 49 anyway), a "digital movie" isn't necessarily a movie in the traditional sense, as nothing really moves. Same goes for the digital pics from the games.

So, I suppose we should strike The Phantom Menace from being a Star Wars movie (although it is still a Star Wars film.)

However, it gets replaced with the Star Tours Movie?

So, still only 49 Star Wars movies, right? Talking Star Wars films, we'd add to it the cut-scenes from DF, DF2:JK, SotE, RS, RS2... as well as The Phantom Menace.

:eek:

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "I'd say that's stretching things to include the game. And more importantly, technically-speaking, a "digital movie" isn't necessarily a movie in the traditional sense, as nothing really moves. Same goes for the digital pics from the games."

Actually there is still a scan line that moves unperceptically below the human vision which makes the pictures seem to move.

Movies in the traditional sense didn't actually move either. It was just a series of pictures flashed by fast, that only seemed to move. But each picture wasn't moving for real.

We asked about movies. Digital movies is a type of movie. We aren't going into the technical aspects on how they move.

5. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    But the difference between movies and digital films is that there is a moving piece - each static frame is moved at a rapid pace.

With digital films, the information can be stored solid-state, with no moving items. Hence, digital films are not movies. Movies are movies.

To call a digital film a digital "movie" is incorrect.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ahh, but calling it film would technically be incorrect as well. For digital media is infact not film at all. film denotes a strip of plastic, Celluloid.

On the other hand, Digital Movie Cameras and digital movies are actual terms used by the movie industry.

While a physical object isn't moving. There is still movement of data from point A to point B. As well as power moving from batteries or power source in a relay. Electricty moves. So digital isn't 100% non moving, it just doesn't have mechanical parts.

7. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Please don't stop you guys are funny to watch discuss about this... Hang on a minute, I'll do some popcorn...

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "webster thesaurus: Synonyms MOVIE, cine, ||cinema, film, flick, moving picture, photoplay, picture, picture show, show"

As well, movie, moving picture, etc is a synonym of film.

Synonyms being words with same meaning.

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    <put some popcorn in mouth>

crunch [face_laugh]

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.