main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 60+ Years of James Bond 007

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Dec 1, 2012.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah Deakins did great work with Skyfall, but this guy's really great too. TTSS, The Fighter and Her all looked great.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Supervising sound editor Per Hallberg will be returning from 'Skyfall' to continue his award winning duties on Bond 24. Hallberd accepted the Academy Award alongside Karen Baker Landers for Best Achievement in Sound Editing for 'Skyfall'. It will be the 75th credit in a sound department for the Swede, who has been in the industry since 1971. Aside from 'Skyfall', his other big credits include 'Gladiator' (2000), 'Devil's Advocate' (1997), 'Braveheart' (1995) and 'Blade Runner' (1982).

Daniel Craig landed in Marrakesh, Morocco, on the weekend. The country is being lined up for location work on Bond 24, with 007 himself paying the region a visit. According to local press, filming may take place in the south of county and may double for a different real-world locale. Over the decades, the region has been used by films such as 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Cleopatra', 'Kingdom of Heaven', 'Alexander the Great', 'Gladiator' and 'Troy'. Back in 1987, 'The Living Daylights' filmed there as a double for Afghanistan. Of all the countries scouted earlier in the year, the least is known about how Morocco will be used.

English actress Joanne Froggat, who was first linked to Bond 24 back in April, was very coy in a new interview about her prospects on the film. When the Downton Abbey star was asked if she had screentested for a role, she replied: "I can't comment really on that one. Who wouldn't like to be a Bond girl? I am not the Bond girl type. I would probably be more a Q or an M...we'll see. I don't know."

As the start of principal photography on December 6th is fast approaching, casting is in full swing. The avalanche of press speculation and media buzz surrounding the new members of the Bond series is set to snowball in the coming weeks.

From updates HERE

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Some more news...

As MI6 exclusively revealed this past weekend, Daniel Craig traveled to Morocco on Saturday for an early location recce for Bond 24. Local press reports now confirm that filming in Morocco is expected to last 15 days with the principal cast. Specifically, Casablanca and Tangier will be used for shooting. The production team previously scouted the country back in the spring.

As MI6 reported last month, some scenes for Bond 24 will be filmed on location in Austria, near the border with Italy. Local newspaper Kleine Zeitung got the first glimpse at the preparation work already underway in the South West of the country. The tiny municipality of Obertilliach in Tyrol - population 693 - will see 007 in action in January or February next year.

According to reports, a small team of 10-12 crew members are constructing a temporary building on the outskirts of Obertilliach that will either be blown up or see a plane crash in to it during the film. Around 3 days of filming on Bond 24 is expected to take place in the nearby tiny picturesque mountain town which sits at an elevation of almost 5,000 feet.

Daniel Craig's 007 previously visited Bregenz, Austria, in 2008's 'Quantum of Solace' for the opera sequence. Project manager Ernst Vogl from the Austrian Film Commission, who is understood to be heading up the efforts in Obertilliach, also worked on 'Quantum of Solace'.

Locals are not sure whether Obertilliach will be mentioned by name in Bond 24, or merely double for another location. The production recently dropped their original plans for Norway due to financial considerations. Either way, the locals will welcome the lucrative tourism boost that inevitably follows 007.

Bond 24 starts principal photography on December 6th, 2014.

Source

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I would have liked to have seen Norway; it would offer an interesting new European environment for Bond.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

Havac likes this.
  6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]
    As MI6 first reported last month, construction for Bond 24 has begun in Obertilliach, Austria. The pre-production team are busy constructing a large house which will be destroyed during the film. Local reports are stating that power poles have been removed along a forest path in preparation of filming an airplane crash. Two aircraft are being transported to the location. Daniel Craig is expected to be on location for at least three days, but it has been claimed that the scenes set in Obertilliach will take up about 25 minutes of screen time.

Also, in addition to Rome, filming is apparently also going to take place in the Campania region of Italy, which is south of Rome and home to Naples.

Source

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Keep the title Bond 24 and have the movie start with Bond breaking Jack Bauer out of a Russian Gulag.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

But Jack Bauer is a terrible character..?

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    If we don't get a title announcement soon, I'm just going to assume the new movie is called "The 00 Agent Awakens", and update the thread title accordingly. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So Christoph Waltz will be the villain apparently

Chancellor_Ewok and PCCViking like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Does that mean Charles Dance will make an appearance as well? :p

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But... Charles Dance was already in a James Bond movie!

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I know. It's funny that he was a henchman of Julian Glover's in that film, and I think Julian Glover was at his beck and call in Game of Thrones (I think).

15. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It's hard to imagine Waltz being anything but great, but he's a little too on the nose IMO. I was hoping for a choice that was a bit more out of the box. Still, I'm sure he'll doing something fresh and unique with it.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Christoph Waltz=Bond villain? I approve of this.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So apparently there's a rumor that Waltz will actually be playing...
    Blofeld. Article HERE.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It looks like Bond will probably be on skis for the first time in the Craig era with this movie... see HERE.

That should be cool... ski chases were usually one of the most fun parts of the earlier 007 movies.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Kind of. They were on a council together, and dance was the head of it. Not quite beck and call.

22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It seems like the Roger Moore era featured one every other movie. I know For Your Eyes Only had one, because it's one of my favorite Bond action sequences. The Spy Who Loved me (I believe) and View To A Kill opened with one. I wonder if Moore is a ski enthusiast or something (not that he was doing much of the skiing, unless you count standing in front of a blue screen with a wind machine in your face)?

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    In the books, Bond only skied in OHMSS from memory. He was described as a keen skier, because of course Fleming was.

In the films, yes. Skiing is featured in OHMSS, TSWLM, FYEO, AVTAK, TLD (sort of), and TWINE. So largely Roger Moore films.

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True... I guess skiing has mostly appeared in the Moore films.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001