main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 7/12:The Unifying Prophecy: I do believe it has come to an end...Thanks to all my readers!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaPadmeJade, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Disclosure: Guess what?? I don?t own Star Wars or anything belonging to that galaxy far, far, away. I just borrowed some things to make them into my story. I do not intend to make a profit from this.
    If you think this has potential please review!! Oh yeah, I need a beta-reader, so please contact me if u?re interested or u know someone that might be interested. Thanks and enjoy this little ?teaser? (that?s what I like to call it, it?s still very important to the plotline but leaves you with many questions stirring in your head. A major cliffhanger)`JPJ

Walking Through the Star's Fate

Stars twinkled above shining brightly. They seemed they were so close I could reach out and touch them. I extended my arm and tried, but my effort was futile because no glittering light of the night did my hand touch. Instead it grabbed a handful of damp, thick air, full of the smell of death and destruction that lingered from the massacre below. On one of the tallest buildings ever built in the whirlwind of worlds that some call a galaxy, I stood, my hair whipping in the harsh wind that blew every disaster I had encountered in my lifetime in my face. It used to be part of the Senate building on Coruscant but now it was just a pillar of rust being devoured by green vines and slime, much like every skyscraper, building, nightclub, and landing bay of Coruscant.

Everything around me was lush, green, and full of different colors contrasting to the old planet-city that was filled with the grays of metals and the clear blues of the glass and the sky. Only parts of it could be viewed between the web of highways and steel that intertwined above your head. All that majesty was gone. It was replaced with organic technology of some ruthless creatures that had invaded MY galaxy. Everything I had worked for my entire life was being devoured by some plant-like monster. Who did they think they were anyways? Taking destinies away from many innocent souls and claiming the lives of mere bystanders. Families separated, loves left to be blown away by the cold night air, everything was gone. Even the memories brought pain and only made the present worse.

My hair was rustled by the chilly air and as were my dark cloaks. I let them blow and my once happy, care-free eyes, that were now dark and held a depth than any being would look into would be absorbed into their black voids and be swallowed up by the torture that had once prevailed over me, linger on the disaster below. Everything I had experienced in my younger years up until now could never compare with what I saw, and that has to be some record. I think these creatures even make Palpatine seem like some hero.

A sigh escapes my mouth. My thoughts had never gotten the best of me. I was always too busy with some business to ever concentrate on my life, or what happened to me. I had always separated myself from my family and friends. Where did that get me you ask? Nowhere, very fast, at a speed past that of light. It had cost the lives of everyone I loved. Recalling the list would be too long and too painful. The pain would consume me like love once had and I would probably plummet from my open prison down to my eternal fate. Maybe that would not be so bad. At least I would be among friends and family for eternity.

No. . . that would not solve my problems. I know somehow, someone out here, maybe not on this planet but somewhere in this galaxy, is searching for me and needs me. Turning my back on the familiar landscape that I had watched for the past couple of minutes, I pulled the cloak over my head to hide my features. I can see a new landscape, still filled with the same horrors of the previous one and even some new ones. The good thing is they don?t see me. No one can predict who I am. Who would want to? If you knew who I was you would probably run.

Whipping me out of my thoughts blasts are heard from below and I look down and watch the spectacular display of lights that had consistently filled my life. One fragment of light misses its target and hits my pillar. Then another

2. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    I'd like to know who this is the POV of, but still, interesting.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Was it Luke?

I'm curious now. ;)

4. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Upping this so that more people can read it.

5. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Upping this so that more people can read it.

6. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Hey guys!! Thanks for the reviews!! And a special thanks to Star-Lead for upping my humble thread!!

As the prediction that it is Luke...maybe, maybe not...I?m not telling. Don't y'all love me?

Well good news is that I do have plans for the next couple of chapters and will be typing them up. I also have a beta-reader...welcome Jedi-Jai to the thread. I have gotten my reviews and I?m hoping to have them done by Sunday and send them to my beta...so let's plan a week from now that this will have a new post...and as a special treat I will post a clue to who the mysterious person is each day.

Love and Lightsabers...JPJ

7. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    NO FARE NOT TELLING!

Great story though!

I'm just gonna sit here and guess!

Is it Mara? Jaina? Jacen? Kyp? How about wes janson? I know im wrong on that one but oh well!
    :D!

8. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Okay, you've got my attention...I wanna know who it is!!! You have to tell us!! Please? Pretty please? I'm beggin here...

::gets on hands and knees and begs JPJ to tell the readers::

~Jedi Master Jaina

9. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Hey everybody!

*does maniacal laugh*

I never knew how much fun this could be. Keeping my readers in suspense is fun! I do have part of the next chapter typed, but it's somewhat not going as I planned...but I?m not going to give anything away. I'm hoping to finish the chapter tonight and have it sent to my beta (who is definably my official beta) so the new post will be up by the weekend, if that's possible, depending on the amount of work I'll have to do once she's edited it. But to be nice, because once the new chapter is up I know you are going to hate me, I'm going to give 10 clues to who the character is, a sort of countdown if you must on who the character exactly is. That will be posted later. Muahahhaha!!~JPJ

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    My guess is Kyp, personally.

Dana

11. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Looks like i'm gonna claim the 10th post! Woohoo!! Now on to the hint:

Hint #1:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now don?t think of who it can be...

I've made it even more difficult...I'm posting them as a poem...and as another hint, the wording is critcal. Each line will be difficult, I've made it that way. BTW...go check out TUF cover!! I don't like it, but what can i say?

12. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Since my story has a spiffy new title that I think goes with my story better than the last one (and is a combination of the anitcipated final 2 novels of the NJO.)

13. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    this sounds interesting! i look fwd to more of this... and btw: i have too many stories to beta at the moment but if ur ever in trouble: send a post my way and ill try to get it back to ya.

14. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    well as of now me and my beta r playing ping-pong with my fic with revisions and all but as far as now the post is really short, so if i don't add it may be up tomorrow (sat) but if i do then we're looking at monday.

15. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm being nice and posting 3 hint!! Feel the blessing!

16. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Hint # 2

And who has the right to call it their galaxy?

17. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Hint # 3

Be it the building they?re standing on proves who they were

18. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Hint # 4

Or a current person shows them know who they are

19. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Ok, scratch my earlier guess. I now believe it's Leia. :)

20. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Ok since i was nice to y'all yesterday, I'm felling REALLY nice 2-day and I'm gonna post!! Thanks 2 my beta...Jedi_Jai for all her help...she's gr8!! And also she gave me a new idea...not tell my readers who's POV this is for a while...Kind of the Lord Nylax (or however u spell his name you know who i'm talking about)thing, so needless to say this chapter DOES NOT invovle the first post...but don't worry, they will all meet up, like all star wars stories!!!

21. JainaPadmeJade

Dec 20, 2002
    Ok here it is!!

Chapter 1- Eyes are the Window to the Soul

Dazzling crystal blue met her fiery emerald green eyes, but Tahiri couldn't see anything else except those eyes that characterized Anakin. Faint whispers echoed out, "I love you." Then his eyes thinned into a beam of blue light, the only source of light in the darkness that engulfed her. It swirled in a multitude of random directions but every single stroke aiming at her. She began running away from the deadly lightsaber as it began turning a blood red. As far as she ran it never got any farther away from her...

...Until she ran into a wall. Before she awoke from her dream she saw the white glow that surrounded the red blade fill the dark room only lit by the weapon.

A red streak ran across her eyes and she realized it was her own blood. She got up quickly and wiped the thick liquid from her face. Her head turned quickly to see if anyone had witnessed the event but realized the hallway of the cruiser was empty and dimly lit since the passengers were supposed to be resting. Her footfalls become softer and more cautious and that realization hit her.

Then another realization tapped itself into her mind, someone was looking for her. Tahiri closed her eyes and searched through the force for that other probing presence. It was familiar and she instantly relaxed when she realized it was Jaina. Her respite was short-lived as she bumped right into Jaina, not focusing on how close her presence really was.

?You know, sleepwalking can be dangerous.? Tahiri smiled at the older female. She was now standing eye to eye with her, the blue glow from a machine?s controls reflecting off her deep brown eyes. That eerie glow reminded of the dream she had before, how the lightsaber had filled Anakin?s deep blue eyes with that same glow.

Wait! Anakin?s eyes were never that dark and never filled with that kind of rage. That wasn?t Anakin! But if it wasn?t then who could it be?

Her questions were left unanswered as Jaina?s voice filled her ears, ?Tahiri, you?re bleeding! We need to get you to a medical bay, and maybe they can give you something to stop this nasty habit of yours.? Tahiri nodded as she grabbed her wound and as the other female grabbed her other arm and led her to her suggested destination.

Jaina watched as the patched up her friend. Tahiri sat calmly as some bacta patches were placed on her forehead. Her calm exterior couldn?t fool the 19 year-old pilot. Tiredness clung to the green depths of her eyes. She looked so much older than she really was. The tiny blonde should have been smiling, in her sleep as every other girl her age would be doing at this time at night. Instead nightmares plagued her every night. Scars inflicted by the shaping the Vong tried to bestow on her a few years ago marked her pretty form. All of those things seemed to hide underneath something else though, the pain that marked every feature, the sadness that followed every movement, and the loneliness that filled every word that escaped her mouth. Since Anakin?s death, this is what Jaina saw in her brother?s best friend.

Kin-Kin?s death had been hard on everybody. It was so sudden and he was too young, but deep inside her heart she knew it was meant to happen and she knew also that Anakin lead that mission knowing that he would not return and it would be his last. It wasn?t fair, not to her family, not to the Jedi, and especially not to Tahiri.

She sighed heavily and rose from her seat as the blonde approached. She gave her a weary smile and Tahiri returned the expression.

?Thanks Jaina. You didn?t have to do this, I could have found it by myself.? Jaina patted her shoulder gently.

?I felt I had to Tahiri. You seemed pretty out of it. I really didn?t do it for you though, I was afraid this ship would be in pieces by the morning after you got through with it.? She pointed her thumb to the end of the hallway where a light fixtur

22. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    ::sits and stares stunned at the computer::

OMG.....

Anakin Skywalker?!

OMG....

Wow....awesome post!! I look forward to more and to the mystery of Anakin Skywalker being resolved...

Aweome awesome awesome!!

~Jedi Master Jaina

23. Jai

Jai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    hehe knew u ppl would like it :)

It is a great post welldone JPJ...

can i just say btw that im a guy so :p
    i hadn't noticed u'd got dat impression before... ohpsy... [face_blush]

*wonders about ppl who auomatically concieve of him as a girl... [face_plain] *

neway yeh sweet post :)

24. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Curious.

Oh, and me upping this isn't a problem.

25. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Ani?

Hmm. nice trick you pulled there.

GREAT POSTIE!