main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by flaming_ewok, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flaming_ewok

flaming_ewok Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    Hey i heard some rumors a couple years ago about George Lucas writing the 7,8,and9 books of the starwars saga . Is any of this true and do u think some day in like 20 years from now he will start them like he did with episode1,2,and 3?

EV Edit: I'm going to redirect this to this ST thread. It is one of many, or at least I thought there were many, considering this was the only one I found. I know there are more out there though. The truth is out there. . .

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. darthb

darthb Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    Don't think we'll see 7, 8, and 9 from Lucas, let alone him writing the books..

3. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    It'd be nice if he'd let another director take the helm now that he's burned out on the SW universe... I'd like to see Zahn help write the screenplays.

My 1,000th post!!! Hooray!!!

4. flaming_ewok

flaming_ewok Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    i dont think it would be the same with another director, imeen lucas did create starwars so he knows the best ways to make them.

5. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    No. Just no.

6. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002

[link=http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20001106.html]JEDI COUNCIL ANSWER[/link][hr]

7. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, but he obviously doesn't want to work on it anymore... Besides, Lucas didn't even direct ESB & ROTJ. He's a much better writer than director. I mean, of the OT, a majority of fans would pick ESB or ROTJ as their favorites. I'd really like to see GL team up with other good writers to write the screenplays, then see another director, but GL and Rick produce it... So GL still has quite a say so, but he's not as pressured into making all the decisions.

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Now where have I seen this topic before...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.