main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

7 lightsaber styles?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Manly, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Manly

Darth_Manly Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Can anybody tell me what the seven styles are. I found a site that had their descriptions but I seem to have lost it. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Assassin_Caine

Assassin_Caine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    The last one is Vaapad :D

3. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    OK. There's:

Form I

Millennia before the Empire, advanced technology replaced metal swords with lightsabers. It was during this transition that Form I was created. Jedi Masters created Form I from ancient sword-fighting traditions, since the principles of blade combat remained much the same. The basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and the practice drills called velocities are all here.

Form II

The ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber fighting became Form II, advancing the precision of blade manipulation to it's finest possible degree and producing the greatest dueling masters the galaxy has ever seen. Today Form II is an archaism studied by almost no one in the Jedi Order, because it's not relevant to currant tactical situations, as most lightsaber battles are now lightsaber-to-blaster. Even with the resurgence of the Sith, confrontation of an enemy with a lightsaber is an exceedingly rare prospect for a Jedi. So, they continue to focus on more practical Forms. Sith expecting to battle a Jedi, however, find Form II a powerful technique.

Practised by: Count Dooku

Form III

The third great lightsaber discipline was first developed in response to the advancement of blaster technology in the galaxy. As these weapons spread widely into the hands of evil-doers, Jedi had to develop unique means of defending themselves. Form III thus arose from
    "laserblast" deflection training. Over the centuries it has transcended this origin to become a highly refined expression of non-aggressive Jedi philosophy. Form III maximizes defensive protection in a style characterized by tight, efficient movements that expose minimal target area compared to the relatively open style of some of the other Forms. True Form III masters are considered invincible.

Practised by: Obi-wan Kenobi

Form IV

Form IV is the acrobatic Form, heavily emphasizing Jedi abilities to run, jump, and spin in phenomenal ways by using the Force. Masters of Form IV incorporate all of the ways in which the Force helps them go beyond what is physically possible. Their lightsaber combat is astonishing to watch, filled with elaborate moves in the center of which a Jedi may be all but a blur.

Practised by: Master Yoda

Form V

During an era when Jedi were called upon to more actively maintain the peace in the galaxy, Form V arose alongside Form IV to address a a need for greater power among the Jedi. Jedi Masters who felt that Form III could be too passive for developed Form V. A Form III master might be undefeatable, but neither could he necessarily overcome his enemy. Form V focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. This Form exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately towards an opponent. A dedication to the power and strength necessary to defeat an enemy characterizes the philosophy of Form V, which some Jedi describe by the maxim "peace through superior firepower." To some Jedi Knights, Form V represents a worthy discipline prepared for any threat; to others, Form V seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others.

Anakin is learning this Form.

Form VI

In the time of Palpatine's Chancellorship, Form VI is the current standard in Jedi lightsaber training. This Form balances the emphases of other Forms with overall moderation, in keeping with the Jedi quest to achieve true harmony and justice without resorting to the rule of power. It is considered the "diplomat's Form" because it is less intensive in it's demands than the other disciplines, allowing Jedi to spend more time developing their skills in perception, political strategy, and negotiation. In practice, Form VI is a combination of Forms I, III, IV, and V. Young Jedi spend their first few years studying Form I and then a year or two with each additional Form before completing their training. By comparison, a Form VI master will spend at least ten years studying only that Form after completing basic Form I training. Fo

4. Darth_Manly

Darth_Manly Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Needed that info for a little fan made game I'm designing. I am in your debt, Fist. BTW, that's a perfect transcript of the page i was looking for, where'd ya get it?

5. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    No problems at all :)

I found it by doing a Google search for "lightsaber forms". The webpage is here. I also found a page with an identical transcript with that search.

Anytime. :D

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    interesting... i'd never actually thought about the different forms before

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.