main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

700 topic what I got in the toy rush of 2002.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Went to TRU on Mississippi around 1:30. They had all the basic figures, but thats it. No Yoda, Luminara, Dexter, Clonetroopers. There are A LOT more Jango and Boba Fetts sitting around than I thought there would be.

Most of the figures they have do have that little background card thought, anyone ever get the low down on that?

The also had 1 Canadian carded (the one with 3 or 4 different languages on it) Anakin Peasant, thought that was odd. I left it on the pegs

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    you were right, Dan, about Dooku being the hot toy. The deluxe one is everywhere but the basic is nowhere to be seen!

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I just boosted 2 posters and another yoda from the evil walmart

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    which posters did you get?

5. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    Okay. I've been in class and labs all day. For those of you worrying, I did just fine on my test. I just unpacked my figures and realized that I had all of them except for a Jar Jar.

Damn!

Now, I have to go back and swipe one from some kid.
    BTW, the people were great last night. Things got pretty sketchy at the 24 hr Wal-Mart around 130 am or so. But there was this kid and his dad that got every toy, poster, vehicle, lego and each of the variants (bg card, etc.) They kept hooking me up. It was great.
    When I went to the Wal-Mart with the rest of us fans, we were hooking each other up all over the place. We should have brought some fliers for those dudes that showed up and that family with their <ahem> daughter. (I don't buy that the toys were from her. These parents had pros written all over them. They had lists like you get off of Rebelscum of the figures *laminated*.) They definitely would have benefitted with our Fan Force ideals.
    BTW, I also got the packaging. Best idea I ever came across.

6. Lewis_Black

Mar 6, 2002
    Now, it is time for sleep. It has been a long day/night/whatever.

7. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    geonoishin battle and the space battle.its amazing how one slips inside the other and only rings up as one.

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    haahha I wanna get some posters. Man, Should I get some of the CCG? Or should I get some more Figures and shiznat?

9. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    go for the figs and shiznit if you need dexter and want posters I can point you in the right direction.

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I need all of the figures that aren't part of Wave 1. I only have 77 in the bank (or so the ATM says lol)

11. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    man I slept two hours in the last 36 and seen figures numbering far into six didgets wave 1 means nothing to me at this point . if you want a dexter jester they were at target on wadsworth and 80th and posters are at walmrt on sheridn and 92nd and my house is on 63rd and kipling so if you want to come this way thats cool I will show you where to go,

12. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey all!

Seeing as I had to miss this mornings activities, I figure I'll be able to go out tonight and find nothing but Senator Jar Jar. All I really want to come away with is a Slave 1 lego.

I'll post the 22hrs past midnight rush later on.

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    good luck DJ

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else, but to me "Senator" Jar-Jar was a spoiler.

Not a big one but pleasssse be careful.

15. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    I totally caved and went back to TRU to get a Boba Fett with the background. Looking for a Jango with background as well. There seem to be plenty on e-bay at retail with no bids maybe I will just try to get one off there.

That whole wave is the hot one Joe! I got a Dooku this morning and have seen any of those figures since. I suspect they will start to be more common over the next couple weeks, but just in case I'm wrong you better get one when you see it!

I am still in awe over the TIE Bomber, that has to be the coolest toy I have ever seen!

EDIT:
    Add the 2 Anakin figures with backgrounds, if anyone sees one I would really appreciate picking on up for me!

16. darth-jar

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey all!

I scored a Tie bomber a couple of days ago. But the B-wing from Target is much cooler in my opinion. I love the gyro cockpit of the B-wing. Sweet!

and sorry about the Jar Jar thing, thought it was common knowledge, especially if the figure is out and was posted earlier in this thread. Wont happen again. :(

17. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    No problem, I guess I might stay out of the toy threads since I didn't buy any.

I accept the risk of a certain amount of spoilage just by being on the board.

Buy ya ain't gettin rid o' me :)

18. Lewis_Black

Mar 6, 2002
    No spoilers for me. I'm not even looking at my toys until after the 16th. Too much information. I know that the Jedis look pretty cool, but I don't know why.

I am missing just one of the figures: Jar-Jar. Despite what was said before, I know I'll be able to walk in anywhere and find one.

19. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    If not I will sell you mine.

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    on that note i have an extra padme i'm willing to part with if anyone wants to buy/trade it.

and nova if you still want a jango with a card go to big kmart on 120th and sheridan. (they're 6.99 there though)

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    TRU in westminister has them for 5.99 and a whole butt load. everything there is in this background style.

22. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up! I will have to do some checking tomorrow. I hate to say it but I am all shopped out for the day.....

23. Jedi_Nova

Nov 11, 2001
    Did we miss this?

There is a leg variation on R-2? I didnt know this! I didnt even look at any R-2 figures cause I got it for free with an order I made at on on-line site! They were made with R3-T7 legs with the round joints.

Looks like Luminara has a variation on the side where the features are. One says removable cloak and the variation has the "removable" part covered by a sticker, so there will most likely be a 3rd printed version.

Now I remember why I cut back!

24. darth-jar

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey all!

I went out this fine evening and saw everything released excepy for Luminara and the Royal Guard. Other than that, EVERYTHING IS STILL OUT THERE!!! I picked up my Lego Slave 1 and was happy. The selection of figurese varied slightly from store to store. Boba Fett, Female Tusken Raider, and Captain Typho seemed to be the rare ones, but I found them. So I think there is no problem getting anything you want.

25. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i forgot if ive posted here before.... but ill mention my latest purchases.... i bought the jango fett blaster nerf guns.... they are pretty cool and the darts shoot well... and it reminds me of my younger days with all my nerf weapons... and i bought the comic adaptation... ive read part of it, seems really good so far... who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.