7SA posts removed from TFN, What's New, RSS

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Garth Maul, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I posted in Comms to try to find a way to edit out the 7SA posts because there could be huge spoilers.

Grimby managed to get rid of 7SA posts on the TFN news page, the What's New forum, and the JC RSS feed.

I also asked if it was possible to remove the "latest post" from the boards.theforce.net main page, but if that's not possible, we might just have to avoid the main page.
  2. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, that's going to be a problem on the main page, I brought that up before
    Last edited by Captain Tom Coughlin, Aug 15, 2013
  3. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I never visit the main page anymore, so I'm not too worried, personally.
    Echo-07 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    nah you can always link direct to 7NS, it's just a little thing to help once spoiler info starts coming fast and furious. [face_thinking]
  5. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    Yep, make a direct bookmark to NSA. Don't get me wrong here, but if someone wants to stay spoiler free, he should put some effort into it as well ;)
    Last edited by The Hellhammer, Aug 15, 2013
    eht13 likes this.
  6. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    We also won't be able to stop your friends from talking to you about SW, or the entertainment news on TV talking about SW, etc. ;):p
    JainaSoloYJK and DarthBoba like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    What, so you won't give me duct tape to shut their mouths with so they don't spoil me? Dammit. :(

:p
    Last edited by Jedi Gunny, Aug 15, 2013
  8. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    New boards, sorry. :(
  9. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that putting a spoiler area and a non spoiler area under the same category on the main page making both visible is just poor design. I think it's a valid thing to bring up
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    I agree about the front page, and my comment wasn't directed at you personally. Just saying that some people complained about stuff, expecting the mods to pretty much secure their TV sets more or less to avoid any spoilers. Having a bookmark directly to the 7NSA forum pretty much negates any chance of accidentally glancing at something other on the site that some might consider a spoiler.
    mavjade likes this.
  11. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    It is now no longer on the main page of boards.theforce.net, so direct linking or not, you won't be spoiled by the main page. :)
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  12. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    So feel free to let your eyes wander all over the screen at will. :p
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  13. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Sandtrooper92 Jedi Master

star 2
    I've basically never been to the main page as I'm usually on a mobile. not a problem for me, but I empathize.