Austin,TX 7th Anniversary Party of the Austin Fan Force

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jedimelis, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    Here are the details:

When: Saturday, July 14th

Where: Big Chris' house in Georgetown, TX (Send me a PM after you RSVP for directions)

Time: 4pm

This message comes from former Chapter Rep BigChris who will be hosting this party:

It?s hard to believe that it has been 7 years since a group of Austin Star Wars fans met at Central Market one hot July afternoon in 2000 for the first meeting of the Austin Fan Force.

To celebrate this occasion we will be having a 7th anniversary party on Saturday, July 14th. With this year also being the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, we thought we would incorporate this theme into the party. In past parties, AFF would hold a BBQ and then screen one of the six Star Wars movies. Since this year Lucas and his gang are focusing much of the 30th Anniversary festivities on fans and fandom, we thought we would do the same. Instead of screening one of the movies, we would like for everyone to share some of their favorite Star Wars memories you have in home movies or pictures (digital or hard copy) for all of us to enjoy. I know some of you have video of you dancing in Star Wars Underoos! Bring your video in any form you have, VHS, DVD, Video CD, etc. If you have some digital pictures, burn them to a CD if you can and we can watch the slideshow on TV. If you have some pictures you would like scanned to a picture CD but don?t have a scanner, contact me and we can make it happen, or you can just bring a photo album to share with all of us.

Whether it deals with OT, PT, or even EU, we would love for you to share some of your favorite Star Wars memories! We will also plan to screen the ?The Force is Among Us,? which is a documentary about the various types of Star Wars fandom. I saw a peek of this at Celebration 4 and it was awesome!

Over the 7 year history of Austin Fan Force many fans have come to contribute to this great group. Some have come for a meeting or two, but most of us have played a major role in making AFF what it is today. However, we all have to deal with these things called ?life? and ?change.? Life sometimes takes us to places we didn?t expect to be. Whether it is moving to another town, getting married, getting another job, having children, or just deciding to do something different, we have to follow the flow of life and change.

Sometimes, this means putting AFF aside to take care of what?s most important in life, but for one afternoon only, I would like to ?get the band back together.? So I invite every AFF member who was once involved in AFF but have moved on to come and join our 7th Anniversary celebration.

This doesn?t mean we will be expecting you at every meeting, but for this one afternoon, please join us to celebrate 7 years of the Austin Fan Force, share your favorite and most loved Star Wars memories with fellow Star Wars fans, and celebrate 30 years of our love for Star Wars!

We will have the location and time very soon! AFF will provide hamburgers (with veggies) and hot dogs. We ask members to please bring a side dish and drinks. Once we post the location and time, please RSVP using this thread and let us know what you plan to bring. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will answer as soon as I can!

I will see everyone on July 14th!

"We would be honored if you would join us..." MTFBWY!

Big Chris
  2. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    photos of our party are available on our website:

http://www.wachhaus.com/aff/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.