main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp 7th Annual Buzz Bowl-a-Thon Jan 29th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I saw this and I'm wondering if we want to attend this as a group. The proceeds go to Make A Wish, so it falls in with our charity of choice. It calls for teams of 5-6, but the catch is that we have to raise $300 in donations to attend. It should be doable though because that works out to just $5o/person. There will be free food, music, and a ton of giveaways. I figure that we would be the hit of the place if we all had a costume to wear. Can you imagine a Tusken or Stormtrooper on bowling shoes? :D

Anyway, here is the link. All we need to do is download the donation forms and as soon as have the $300 we sign up.

What do you guys think?

Buzz Bowl A Thon

2. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I'm in!
    We could use soem of the funds that are still in our account as the entry fee and raise more funds on top of that. I think this would be a great PR opportunity for us and I would love to bowl in costume.
    Perhaps we sould initiate a poll to judge interest! Ha ha.

By the way, May the Force be with your holiday season. Happy new year. See y'all in January.
    [face_peace]

3. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Sounds good to me too. I would love to use group money to cover the $300 minimum, plus do additional fund-raising. Costumes would be great -- even if they weren't necessariy "finished" it would still be hysterical!

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Not sure if I would use club funds for the entrance fee, but that can come up for a club vote. After all, it's just $50 in donations per person which is very doable. If you can find four people to donate $10 and $10 yourself, we're all covered!

So far we have James, Steve, myself and TK committed so far. I think that Brandon is interested. We have yet to hear from Pete, Andy, Tara, and Shelly. Am I forgetting anyone?

I agree, this should be a fun event. I can imagine that we would be the center of attention if we are in costume so be prepared to pose for a lot of photos!

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, updates for members wanting to go is TK, John, Brandon, Dianna, Steve, James. We still have to hear from Pete, Andy and Tara. I can check to see if we can have more. If we can't, and we have more than 6 people who want to participate then we could have the first 6 people who raise the $50 gets to go.

What do you guys think?

Oh, and it's on the 31st, not the 29th as I had previously stated :p

6. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Sounds like it could be a blast. Of course that means we gata come up with 100 smackers. Well we can sure give it a shot.

7. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Amanda a.k.a. Sy Snootles would like to join as well.

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    has everyone been able to download their sign up sheets? I can print off a few if needed, just let me know...

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Just wondering how everyone is coming along with their donations. I have to stress to everyone that this event fills up very quickly, and if we wait until out meet to decide if we want to do this or not, it will be too late. so we kind of have to know what the interest is here, and where everyone is in terms of fund raising for their spot on the team. Not including myself, I have two others that are going to donate.

Perhaps instead of us wearing costumes (since not everyone has one) we could have our T shirts done up instead? Let's hear from you guys!

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Unless we do iron-ons, there will be no way to have other shirts done by then. To be honest, after being out of town over the holidays, I have not even started filling out my form. I know I'm a slacker. Anyone else have an update?

11. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Sorry to say Tara and I wont make it for this event.:_|

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Today on the Buzz they mentioned that the spots are going very quickly. Should we take another roll call of who can make it?

So far Andy, Tara, and Brandon CANNOT make it.

I can, I believe. I just have to make sure I can get the $50, which shouldn't be a problem. Steve seems interested.. anyone else?

13. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I am still planning to attend. I am raising funds and I don't think that the $50 should be a problem. Anyone heard from TK lately?

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Count me in. i will print the form over the weekend and start raising funds.

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    On the Buzz today they mentioned that when we call to reserve our lane, we have to make a $50 deposit. This is to make sure people who say they're coming are going to come. Apparently they had some problems in previous years with people reserving lanes and then not showing up.

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sadly guys, we won't be making this event this year. Just too many things preventing people from making it. But look out next year!! :D

17. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Sorry to hear it. I was looking forward to it. Next year we should have some more notice and start raising money earlier. We may all have costumes and/or t-shirts by then, too.[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.