main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 7th annual Caufields Halloween Parade - Friday, October 8th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarKyram, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Okay then.

So I've been scrambling to get this kicked off at the last second, and of course everyone listens when a pair of Mandalorians are kicking down your door. I talked to the lead co-ordinater of the parade and my fellow Mando, Rexdor [Chris] got the application sent into them.

I got an e-mail back from the parade people... this is what I got:

"Good Afternoon, Mr. Vincent:

We are so pleased to have the Louisville Galactic Alliance in this year's 7th annual Caufields Halloween Parade; you are one of a record 84 units!

Your unit number and check in time are:
    #78B check in time 6:30 P.M.

If you have not done so, please e-mail us back with information to use in the parade announcer's script.

We are using the same assembly area as we have for the past two parades - the REAR parking lots of Mid City Mall in the 1200 block of Baxter Avenue. Please do not enter the area from Bardstown Road, because you won't be able to reach the rear lots/assembly area from there.

It is most important for you to pass along your unit numbers to everyone in the unit and to arrive at check in at the assigned time. At 6:45 P.M., the parade marshals will close the check in point, and any units not in place at that time will be assumed to be no shows unless we have received telephone notice (387-4412) to the contrary.

We have staggered the arrival times again this year to reduce the number of units arriving at the same time, and to reduce the amount of time a unit has to wait before moving into line. Please make sure your unit arrives at the scheduled time. You will have at least one hour in assembly before moving out onto the route.

If your unit needs additional time in assembly to complete building or decorating, please contact us via e-mail or by telephone at 292-3033 to make special arrangements for an earlier arrival time.

When you arrive at the check in point, a volunteer marshal will check you in, and another marshal will direct you to a designated space in the lot. Please make sure your unit is in the proper space. When it is time to move out onto Bardstown Road, a marshal will direct your unit into place; please wait until you are directed to move. Due to the size of this year's parade, any vehicles that will not go down the route must be unloaded and exit the area immediately.

As you leave the assembly area, please collect any trash and deposit it in waste containers.

While you are waiting, please feel free to patronize the merchants in the Mall and to thank them for allowing the parade to assemble there each year.

The Judges' and Announcer's Stand will be located in front of O'Shea's Irish Pub at 956 Baxter Avenue. Awards will be presented at O'Shea's immediately following the parade. As your unit passes the Judges' Stand, please show your best - judges can be influenced. Please join the fun at O'Shea's for the awards presentation.

PLEASE E-MAIL US BACK WITH A CELL NUMBER SO THAT IF YOUR UNIT WINS AN AWARD, WE CAN REACH YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE AREA AND ASK YOU TO COME TO O'SHEAS.

A reminder on the rules covering all parades in Louisville:
    1. do not throw any items into the street or into the crowd; this is prohibited by law and causes great danger to spectators. Route marshals are authorized to remove any unit doing so. You are welcome - and encouraged - to walk along the curb and hand items to spectators.
    2. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in assembly or on the route; laws regarding consuming alcohol on public streets apply to the assembly area and the parade route. Marshals are authorized to remove any unit that has alcohol from assembly or the route.

FOR THIS PARADE, THERE IS ONE MORE RULE:
    If you have chain saws in your unit, please do NOT turn them on along the route. This request is based on three calls received from spectators after last year's parade, whose small children were frightened, and a directive from the parade's insurance carrier because of danger to participants and spectators.

PLEASE NOTE: There is no parkin

2. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    Oh... And Zannah. Feel free to transfer this information to Dark Empire's forums. I'm far too lazy to start a new thread...again. Especially when the only other Sith who'll be there are on this forum anyway... So. Yeah.

Moving on...

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Dar, not going to be able to make this one after all. E-mail sent. Thanks for all the work you're doing to get this off the ground.

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks Dar! Everyone on TDE forums who is local, are also LGA members, so re-posting there won't be neccesary. Thanks for doing this... awesome! I wish Bane and I could be there, but we'll be at my Moms. For everyone who is going.. have a great time guys!

5. Partizan

Partizan Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2010
    Hey, I am the Tusken Raider that was down near the KFC at Baxter and Bardstown Road, the two Mandolorians looked great, I couldn't see what other characters were in your group. How can I be down? I would have loved to walked in the parade with your group... maybe next year?

Anyways, I think I will be checking out these boards often now.

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Dar, thanks for being our embassador and carrying our banner...looks like you're already bringing us recruits :)

Partizan...welcome! Glad you found us. Always a pleasure to meet another Star wars fan. Hopefully we'll do this again next year but please don't wait that long to come out and meet us. Yes, check out the boards often, we're always up to something. Next weekend some us us will be meeting up in Charlestown IN for their Star Wars day. Maybe we'll see you there? If not be sure and come out to one of our other get togethers.

7. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Greetings Partizan, and welcome! Unfortunately, the Galactic Alliance show up for this event wasn't too grand... for most of us, our schedules conflicted horridly, including mine and my husbands. But my daughter was there and got a short video clip of our Mandos carrying our banner proud! =D= As soon as I can figure out how to transfer it here, I'll get it posted for everyone to watch. Again, welcome to the boards, and like Mika said, we do lots of things together, at least once or twice a month. So stay tuned and come on out and play. About five of us or more will be in Charlestown Indiana this Saturday. They are supposed to show a Star Wars movie at the event, and some costumers will be there.. me included. Maybe you can join us? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.