main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

7th July: One Year On

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Raj_Vader, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    It has been one year since the 7th July bomb attacks on the London transport network.

For those that don't know, the anniversary will be marked by a two minute silence at 12:00 noon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5133430.stm

2. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    HERE, HERE

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll be observing this.

Just stay safe everyone in London today, take care of yourselves.

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Apparntly they sent a vidoe tape saying it was only the first in a number of attacks

I mean who uses video anymore?

Seriously, if you can walk, do.

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    [image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/uk_7_july_attacks0_global_news/img/4.jpg]

Truer words were never spoken.

@};-

6. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Did anyone use the Underground today? If so, what was the atmosphere like?

I took part in the 2 minutes today but was saddened to hear on the radio about how other people didn't. 2 minutes! I mean we get almost 1 and a half thousand minutes a day and some people can't use 2 of them to remember this tragedy

7. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Cheers Chris - I used the underground today. Was business as usual - usual London indifference. We remember but never show it! It is a shame that people did not observe the 2 minute silence - was a thread about it on the JCC.

8. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Wow has it really been a year already?! The memory is so vivid that it seems like it only happened yesterday. With a heavy heart my thoughts are of the victims and their loved ones. May those innocent souls rest in peace.

9. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ram?
    is that you?

10. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I know I'm not an official Londoner (yet) but I remember hearing about the bombs on the way home from town as I hadn't caught the news before I went out and I felt sick.

A few of my friends live around the areas effected and a couple of them I couldn't manage to get in touch with and I was mortified so I can only send my heartfelt feelings to those who actually lost someone.

I just hope and pray NO ONE has to go through anything like that EVER again!

OT - Hey Jamie :p

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Stormtrooper fan, the only people who could get away with using a :p in a topic like this.

12. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
  13. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Early on the day of 7/7/2005 i couldn't belive that London, was struck by terroists
    Thank you Tony [face_plain] ! but as it sunk in through the day, emotional turmoil of anger and fear took control.

My heart goes out to all the victims and I still wonder why they did it from a muslim point of view. [face_plain]

DA6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.