main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 7th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithspawn35, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Very cool DRK_HLMT. I have Macromedia Flash too, so maybe we can work together on something.

Guys, as much as I love the jokes, we should try to at least keep this thread on topic. This is where people check to get updates about the meeting and I don't want it getting too long. But that doesn't stop any of you from creating a new thread for these games of ours. In fact, it's been a while since we've done it. *hint* *hint* ;)

2. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I've been thinking...our next meeting is scheduled for July 20th, the teeth of the summer here in lovely, sub-equatorial Central Maryland. As likely as not we will be stuck with a day in the 90s or darn close. With no covered pavilion to escape the heat and sun I'm concerned that it wont' be much fun; just uncomfortable. Not to mention perishable food. And the doggies.

I was just at an outdoor picnic last Thursday when the temperature was in the low 90s and we had a covered pavilion and it was HOT! Maybe since this is shaping up to be a particularly hot summer we should keep our picnic meeting plans for the Fall when temperatures are more moderate. Just a thought but I can't imagine enjoying a picnic with no shade and temperatures soaring to 90. Just a suggestion.

M.M.

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Mon-Mothma,

I heartily agree. Especially with my long-haired St. Bernard, it will be especially stressful on him if we don't have adequate means of cool shading (i.e. lots of tree covering, pavillion, etc). It could also be uncomfortable for the humans, especially if its a high humidity or bad air quality day.

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    This is a very good point. And if other people express the same concerns, we should seriously discuss an alternative location. The 20th is coming up fast and we don't want to make any last minute decisions that could leave some people in the dark.

5. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    I agree with Mon-Mothma - it's hard to have a good time in such hot weather.

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    How about another movie event. Isbeth mentioned before about the MD Science Center to see the Space Station movie on IMAX. Would also give us the opportunity to press the management for details on AOTC in IMAX...

There's strength in numbers!

That way we have the Inner Harbor for a food court.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, Isbeth said it would be cheaper IMAX tickets if 15 or more of us went. Let's see if we can get that amount.

8. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    OK with me.

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Go to the link in the first part of the the thread on the IMAX movie. It is $6.50 for a group of 15 or more, but it seems they need 2 weeks advance notice. Could somebody call and see if we could reserve by phone, but pay at the door? Somebody check the link to the website in the first post of my thread, it is unclear to me. Without the group discount it is $7.50 during the day and $8.00 in the evening. They are really busy on Saturdays. You can also get tickets on line. I have seen it already and it looks really cool with the 3-D effect. BTW, it is scheduled to end Sept. 2nd. so maybe that is because Clones IMAX opens then. Rumours have it that there will be a Clones IMAX premier at the International Planetarium Society Conference in Wichita, end of July. I'll keep you posted.

10. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey, here's another idea for the seventh meeting: lunch followed by K19, The Widowmaker. It's got both Harrison Ford AND Liam Neeson. Not many movies outside the Star Wars world that star more than one of our guys in the same film. Whatcha all think? I'm actually OK with the IMAX thing but figured I'd add another possibility to the mix.

M.M.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Personally, I'm not interested in seeing K-19, but that doesn't stop others from going. If other people wanna go, we can have the meeting before the movie.

12. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    May I ask what happened to the idea of doing this next meeting one where it's location could be centric for almost everyone? Has this idea gone away? If what is been suggested is to try to find an inside place to meet, I thought that we were going to change the place to, let's say a mall near the original place for the meeting? I'm not very familiar with Maryland at all, but I think that maybe we could try to stick to the original idea of doing the meeting in a place where we could try to "lure" more people to coming to it?

I did some wild crazy research and found out that if we pinpoint the town of Olney, and we draw a circle of 75 Miles around this town, we can cover just about all Maryland. I'm talking that in the circle we will have Denton, Annapolis, Baltimore, Havre de Grace, DC, Southern Maryland, Hagerstown, Berkeley Springs... even we can cover the NE part of Virginia and WV, and the Southe Central part of Pennsylvania. But, like I said, it was a crazy wild idea I had. An example: poeple from Berkeley Springs, if they take 70 they could reach in probably 1 1/2 hour trip to Olney (approximately). The same would be for people from Haver de Grace, Denton even Southern MD, but of course taking their appropiate route.

But, it was just a wild crazy idea. It doesn't have to be listened to or even paid attention... but I wanted to speak my mind.

Thanks for your time reading this message.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm not familiary with Olney. Maybe others are familiar with it and can offer us more suggestions.

14. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    Me neither... but I found that town to be very convenient on doing this. Maybe I can dig some INFO form the Net.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

15. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Olney is a nice place to meet, however, I don't remember if there is a park close by. I know the don't have a mall, lots of strip mall type shops though, and a big hospital :D

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    What about the Olney Town Center? They have 9 Screen Theater plus food court... according to the NET INFO.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

17. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Olney has a fabulous little pub called The Olney Ale House. I've been there lots of times and they have both indoor and outdoor tables. Light food; sandwiches, soups that kind of stuff. It's right out on Route 108. That would be cool for me!

M.M.

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Sounds nice.

19. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Do you know if they allowed minors in the place? I would be very sad if the kids won't be allowed in and get a chance to get to know each other. Also, I would like to offer one of my Star Wars Monopoly Games to bring it to the meeting and let the kids (and those not so kids, like me) play. It would be a very good time. And maybe we can find out who rules... Light or Dark. Hehehe. I have SW: SE Collectors & SW: E1-TPM... And I'm waiting for the SW: E2-AOTC Monopoly to buy it. I just love the SW Monopoly games. You should see to Figures they have...

But returning to the original idea. If the place has that many hands in favor, we could try and go for it... or try someplace else.

Does anyone has other ideas?

Come on people... time to speak up.

Anyone? ?[face_plain]

[face_plain]

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

20. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, Fipe, minors are allowed; it's a restaurant that serves alcohol as well as non-alcoholic beverages, not just a bar. I think Star Wars monopoly or maybe Star Wars Trivial Pursuit sound like fun.

M.M.

21. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey I forgot... I do have the Trivia... But I only have some cards from TPM... where can I get more from TPM and from AOTC if there are any?

I loved the Trivia.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

22. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    The only problem I forsee with Olney is it's south, and slightly west from Columbia. That means it's even further for those out east (I'm thinking of the Eastern Shorers and the Bel Airs or Towsons or what not).

Just something to consider...Olney is GREAT for me, but it might be moving further away for others. =(

-gh0stdevil

23. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    But slightly closer for say, Isbeth. I'm coming from Catonsville and I'd say it takes me about 25 - 30 minutes to get to the Olney Ale House. About the same amount of time it took me to get to Annapolis; maybe a tad shorter. It's slightly east of the town of Olney, btw, if that's any consolation.

M.M.

24. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm up for anything but whatever we decide on can someone please post directions or a link to the restaurant's website so I know how much $$ to bring for food. :)

toodles
    Sam

25. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I can do that depending on where we plan to meet. If it's out in Olney I can get you there. Also, I'd be glad to call the Ale House and get a range of costs for food. Plus, they have lots of good beers. But we have not decided the location yet, no?

M.M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.