main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 7th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithspawn35, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    LOL! That's just perfect. They stop showing it the night before we go there to meet. =) Fate is wonderful...

Well, we could try other nearby movie places, but personally, I wouldn't be depressed if we didn't see it...I've had my fair share of AOTC viewings.

-gh0stdevil

2. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    It looks like I may not be able to attend the 7th meeting after-all. :-( It looks like I may have kidney-stones. I will find out later today. But I will wait until Saturday morning to see how I feel.....as of now, the thought of sitting in a car for three hours (a very painful position) is excrutiating.

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Maybe you just need to have some blue milk and cookies? Then jump in a bath of bacta and you'll be good as new! :D

By the way, I posted in the hard to find thread, but I have secured 2, repeat 2 Palpatines and will bring them to the meeting to trade for a Chewie and/or Obi-Wan Pilot, so if you have any of these and still searching for that elusive Emperor, then I have a deal for you!

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    That's horrible sithspawn. :( I hope you feel better and will be able to make the meeting. But if you don't attend, I think we'll all understand.

5. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Ouch!! Poor Sithspawn! I hope you feel better soon!

M.M.

6. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    Doesn't look too good for me either - I have caught a summer cold bug. But I'm not ruling it out; if I'm lucky I'll feel better tomorrow.

In any case it's nothing compared to kidney stones. Take it easy Sithspawn!!! Bouncing along in a car for several hours is definitely not a good idea.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope you feel better NabooPop.

8. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Thanks everybody! With the help of some FABULOUS pain-killers, I feel MUCH better today. I'll see how it goes how it goes tomorrow morning.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well sithspawn, hope to see you tomorrow. And NabooPop, you keep us updated on how you're doing too. Hopefully you'll be able to make it as well. :)

10. mloradites

mloradites Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2001
    I would love to go, but unfortunately this weekend my parents aren't home and my mother said no driving while she, dad and everyone else are in oc. Unless someone can give me a ride it's a no go. If anyone can pm i'm will be on aim as: mloradites until about 11 or get tommorrow morning
    ttfn
    matthew

11. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Well, the verdict is in, I wont be attending the 7th meeting tomorrow. As it seems I cant drive with the pain in my back, and if I take to pain killers, I'm to "loopy" to drive. Sorry folks!

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's too bad sithspawn. Hope you feel better soon.

13. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, Mon-Mothma and I just got back from the meeting and we had a blast! We met at the food court and swapped figures. MuttandSolo had two Palpys, and he traded one for Chewie Bespin. Orangeful brought her Playskool figures, which were realy cool. Lots of fun. I personally got a Anakin Hangar, but enough about that. After lunch, we all headed to Booksamillion to talk about the fanfilm. I had brought a script and it was liked by the people. We had some changes, and they will be made between now and September 1st. I also have a partially finished cast and crew list. Here it is:

CAST:
    Jedi Master: MuttandSolo
    Jedi Padawan: Orangeful
    Bounty Hunter: Son of M.M.
    Sith Lord- Darth IG88
    Evil Politician- Sithspawn, everyone suggested you.
    Bodyguard for Bad Politician- Ghost Devil

We still need a good politician that deals with the Padawan a lot, a space pirate who deals with the bounty hunter a lot, a citizen who talks to the Master in one scene, a Sith Appretice who doesn't have a lot of lines, but fights in one sequence, a pilot who flies the Jedi to the planet, a waitress who serves the Master, an aide to a politician, and other extras that mill around. The script will probably change, so some roles may be added/taken out, etc. The crew, on the other hand, is pretty much finalized, and is as follows:

Director- Mogook
    Producer- Mon-mothma
    Writers: Son of Mon-mothma, MuttandSolo, Mogook, plus anyone else with changes they would like to make
    Tech- DrkHelmet, Ghost Devil
    Costumes- Isbeth, Mon-mothma
    Props- Darth IG88
    Designs- MuttandSolo, Son of Mon-Mothma
    Cinematography- Takwolf, Ghost Devil
    Stunt Coordinator- Darth IG88

That's about it. We didn't talk about the next meeting, but we were very productive on the fanfilm. Overall, it was very fun and I'm already looking forward to number 8.

Son of M.M.

14. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Sithspawn...

Too bad about the kidney stones and missing the meeting --- but you weren't forgotten! I'm sure you noticed in the the previous post that we tentatively cast you as an evil politician.....

Aren't pain killers a pain???? They make you feel better, but they trap you at home (due to that loopy thing) --- which stinks becasue you feel better so you want to go out.

I know this is quick... we just finished the last meeting... but I'm gonna throw out there the possible date of August 17 for the next one.

kasjedi

Ps - Orangeful - where did you find the playskool figures?

15. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Hi All
    I have some pics from meeting and here they are...
    MD FanForce Meeting Photos

I found some Blue Screen Tips to think about in pre-production.

And a BIG thanks goes out to MuttandSolo for picking up the Palpy for me.

See you at the next meeting

Tak

16. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Son of MM -- I'd like to volunteer for the Sith Apprentice part. I figure I can do both the Stormtrooper bodyguard and that one, since they are never in the same scene. =)

-gh0stdevil

17. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    That's great, GhostDevil; good idea!

Son of M.M.

18. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Thanks for your thoughts everyone! They are much appreciated!

17th works for me as far as the eigth meeting. The only one I'm not available is the last weekend in August. If we could, is there anyway possible we can settle on the date by midnight Wed/Thurs of this week. It's the only way I can get a guarantee from work to be off.

Son of M.M.- Thanks for the thoughts of casting me as an EVIL Politician. I dont know wether to be flattered of offended! LOL
    But, alas, I'm afraid I must decline the opportunity, as I have TREMENDOUS stage-frieght.! But thanks for the thought. I am still more than anxious to do any behind-the-scenes stuff you might need.

19. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Sithspawn, you? Stage fright? Nah! We missed ya at the meeting bro! :D

BTW, MuttandSolo, Gh0stDevil, Isbeth and I went to see Reign of Fire after the meeting. Great movie and a funny Star Wars reference in it as well! You guys also missed the excitement of seeing a shoplifter get close lined into a cellular phone store. The guy he shoplifted from had the guy pinned down while they were waiting for the cops to arrive. Really exciting stuff!! See what you guys and gals miss by taking off right after the meetings! All the exciting stuff happens afterwards!!

Anyways, we really got a lot accomplished at this meeting and it looks like the wheels of the Fanfilm are set in motion and as long as we keep the momentum going it should be great!

EDIT: Oh, I just found out that Darth Sapient made Manager! Now he really will have the big head along with having his name used in our film! :D Congrats again DS!

20. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Darn it, Drk Hlmt, that's the last time we're the first to leave!

Sith! Stagefright? No way, dude! Besides it's just you and the camera, my friend. And the crew and your fellow actors and all the gawking onlookers...just kidding; we are glad for your involvement in any way that suits you best, just so long as you ARE involved in this project. It looks like it's going to be alot of fun and not to be missed. Would you like us to email you a soft copy of the script for your comments? I'd like to hear them. The kid and I are totally jazzed about this project; this afternoon's meeting got everything off to a great start! I'm looking forward to this being a really neat experience.

The 17th of August will work for us, as well for the next meeting.

M.M.

21. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Playskool toys I brokedown and ordered online because I just could not find them at any of the stores I went to! (of course, after I placed the order I found some at the Walmart at Arundel Mills, Kaybee toys in New Jersey...but I digress)

Actionfigurexpress.com has some good deals on the sets. But you have to buy them in big ol' boxes (I think they came straight from Hasbro).

hope that helps. Next meeting I"ll bring the Falcon for everyone to see! I put the decals and stuff on today. So cool!!

toodle pip
    Sam

22. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I too witnessed the shoplifter incident. I was waiting in line at the ATM to get money for the movie and this kid and guy run right through the line in front of me. If i had known it was a shoplifter and not kids playing around, I would have close-lined the kid for him. Well then they crisscross through the center pagodas and the store man tackled him into the cellular store (GhostDevil: "guess he was unhappy about his calling plan"). Real excitement that drew a big crowd.

The meeting was a lot of fun. I was able to get both Chewie and Obi-Wan for my two Palpatines. I brought my own Palpatine along and introduced my theory on who Palpatine really is(THose of you who open yours, rotate the wrists and you get, the Piano Man)! Got to play with Orangerful's toys, expecially the Wookie! :D Okay that was bad, but you had to have been there. The movie meeting was exciting, it really made me feel that we were going to do this after all. I'm so excited about this movie!

The "Reign of Fire" wasn't as good as expected, but it was something to do for those of us who have a ways to travel and need something to do to justify our treks.

23. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    A funny thing happened after the movie of "Reign of Fire". The Festiva died and had to ride home on a flatbed truck. Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I just came back from Kansas and Hamilton, Ontario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.