main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 8th Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange! ~ Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've sent out reminders to those who have not posted their fic-gifts yet. I'm a major procrastinator so I know that sometimes things get done at the last minute and that's perfectly fine, just didn't want anyone to forget. :) Hopefully I didn't accidently send one to those that have, if I did feel free to ignore it!

As pointed out by jcgobel3, January 6th is a Tuesday, not a Monday and while I had intended it to be due that Monday, we'll stick with the 6th as the due date. As always if you feel as though you won't be able to complete your fic-gift, please let me know.

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ewok Poet and Viridian-Maiden like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Just wanted to say that it's awesome that this tradition is holiday-neutral. This place is earning more and more of my respect every day. :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    All of the gift-fic entries are terrific and lend themselves well to authorial creativity. :cool:

5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Fic-Gift Index has been updated.

Also this is a reminder that you have one week to get your fic-gifts finished if you have not written them!

Thank you for saying so. When I started it 8 years ago (long before I was a mod) it was important to me that everyone felt included so I try to make it as neutral as possible, spanning most of the holidays and not mentioning a specific one. I'm sure there's room for improvement, but I do my best. :)

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Perhaps this is normal, and the other place I post on (which has about a quarter of registered members, maybe a fifth) is a lair of bigotry and unnecessary restrictions. But yes, mad props to you.

Hope late this year I'll be knowledgable enough about other worlds to take a part in this.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  7. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    The fic-gift I'm writing has decided to snowball massively, so while I'll have it posted by the deadline, it will only be half of it, with a TO BE CONTINUED cliffhanger tacked on the end of it.... :/ The rest of it I shall have finished no later than late January! :D

Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  8. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
  9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    I just want to assure anyone still waiting for their fic-gift (wink) that it is coming! I'll be sliding in on the deadline as usual for me but it will be posted Tuesday. :) [face_good_luck]

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Same here. I finally quit procrastinating and wrote it Friday night, but I'm still tweaking it as the perfectionist in me is not completely satisfied yet. Will probably be posted Monday night. :)

mavjade , Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, double post because it's been 24 hours and the previous post has gotten three likes. :)

I finally forced myself to stop tweaking it and posted the fic-gift for earlybird-obi-wan:

A Taste of Rootleaf Stew

13. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Nyota's Heart, Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ooh, I'm getting a multi-post story ? [face_dancing] This is so super-cool :) Thanks Viridian-Maiden !

And now I can get started on reading all these fics. This is going to make my weekend!

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The index has been updated. And with that, another year of the Fic-gift exchange closes.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated. This is the very first year where everyone who signed up got their fic-gift posted and there was no need for pinch writers. =D=

Congratulations to you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.