main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 8th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Let's start the discussion on the 8th Meeting.

Personally, I don't think Arundel Mills was a good place because there weren't quiet places to go. Annapolis Mall was nice because we could go to the theater lobby and talk.

And for dates, August 17th was suggested. Let's finalize a date in the next few days because some of the members have to make plans and request days off at work.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    August 17th works for me.

3. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I noticed that Muvico has party room you can reserve. Now I don't know if these can only be reserved for kids parties but they looked mighty cozy!

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a possibility.

5. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Oh the 17th is a bad day, the 24th would be better :) Do we always meet on a saturday? How about sunday the 18th? How about meeting at borders in columbia? or the Barnes and Noble in Ellicot City? or are bookstores a bad place to meet?

6. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    I've wondered about bookstores, too. Do they like meetings like a Star Wars Fan Club - or do they get annoyed by them? Anybody know? I think if we picked a bookstore - we should ask before assuming we would be welcome. This can be a problem whenever you meet as a group in a retail location. Generally, if you buy their food or drink (or books?) and don't get too loud - they put up with you. It becomes more of an issue if you try using the same location alot and the group gets loud or uses up table space without benefit to the retailer. Another location might be a Wizards of the Coast store. If we asked in advance - they might let us use the gaming tables.

Reserving the party room at Muvico costs money.

While I am not sure how much it matters that a general meeting is held in a quiet place (unless we are going to do "business" and not just chat), but I would definitely agree that we need to think about having good locations for fanfilm meetings. Anybody know if the Senator has a meeting space? That guy is a huge Star Wars fan - he might let us hold a fan film meeting there once or twice - anyobody know him personally? Or anybody work someplace that wouldn't care if we used a conference room on the weekend?

just brainstorming....

kasjedi

7. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I have conference rooms where I work, but I work over at the NSA and everyone would have to have a security clearance to get into the building. It would be a great location to discuss secret stuff for the film though! :D

Seriously though, the Senator would be an awesome place to hold the fanfilm meeting if we could get the manager dude to let us.

8. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Hi all
    I too was a worried about the last bookstore meeting because there was a guy sitting next to me wife that was staring at us. Thw whole meeting. I don?t know it he was annoyed or interested in what we were doing.

On the way home my wife Colleen asked me to ask you all if you wanted to meet at our house.
    It?s a good location (right off of I-95 or I-895) and its equal driving distance to 3 Wal-Mart?s.
    I know our food court is smaller then most but Colleen said she would even make snacks for us. And on good days we could even do a cookout on my back deck.

Now I don?t have central air but after our august meeting that should not be a concern.

Another idea would be a library, I know of a few the have little "Meeting" areas in the back.

Just wanted to know what you guys think

Tak

9. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    How close are we to setting a date?

10. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    We could meet at our house, too; especially for the more frequent fan film meetings. Unless anyone has a pet allergy. We've got two dogs and a cat. We live in Catonsville, so maybe that wouldn't be as ideally located to accomodate everyone distance-wise. It is an option though, just wanted you all to know.

M.M.

Also, the 17th works for us.

11. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I can't make it downstate next month unfortunately :(. I'll be in Florida again.

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Meeting at someone's house would be fine. Usually, this is frowned upon for the first few meetings for safety reasons. But, this will be our 8th Meeting, so I think it's a great idea. A lot of the other chapters have house meetings.

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    No pet allergies here! ;)

MOM-Mothma's house would be a great location for at least the increasingly frequent film meetings.

The 17th is still a go for me.

14. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Well, I'm off to work. I'm going to submit the 17th anyway since that is when (according to the two "threads") the majority is shooting for.
    Hopefully it will turn out so. :)

15. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I apologize for not been able to attend last meeting. My mom flew that Friday night... but we never reached home until very eraly in the morning... almost 5AM. Got lost in DC, around DC and almost ended up in Frederick VA... could you believe that? I couldn't. But anyway we got home safe... and we didn't wake up until 12:30PM... I went nuts, because I knew I had miss the meeting that I wanted to attend badly. I noticed that M.M. wrote that Characters and Staff had been selected. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to offer my services. But if it possible I would like to help on the script. And possibly with one of the extras.

Also, I wanted to tell you that I won't be available probably til Thursday of next week. I'm having small surgery, and I'll be on rest on a 7 day window. So, maybe this is an until later.

See you next time. And I hope to come back.
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

16. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, maybe instead of meeting at someone's house we could meet at a local library. I know that the Catonsville branch of the Baltimore County Library has meeting rooms that are probably available at little or no cost to county taxpayers. Namely moi. Howard County probably offers the same or similar services, as well. There we have a nice, quiet place to talk if we aren't into the noise and distractions of a mall. The movie meetings are always fun, too, if there's a film out we all want to see. Also, I'm still up for the picanic basket meeting when the weather moderates a bit in the fall.

M.M.

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    And if we meet at a library, we can all grab a computer next to one another and post in here. [face_laugh]

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Very true Sapient.

Library meetings are good because they provide that quiet atmosphere. But a house meeting will provide us with food and drinks (if provided) and a cozier atmosphere.

19. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    And a house with a computer or two could work to our advantage as well.

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Very true, good point.

21. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I would like to add that the 17th is not available. I vote for the 24th.
    Also, I will bring my computer to the meeting.
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FAN FORCE COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Food and couches trumps no food and hard wooden chairs.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree Sapient.

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well in a way we can do both a house meeting and a picnic at my place. I have a small house and 2 acres of grass and trees! Its kind of like my own Endor, except without the shield generator.

Seriously though, I think I can make room for a picnic with the comforts of modern toiletries. The house is a bit small but the yard is spacious (I really do have 2 acres).

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, distance is a big issue. So, if you're suggesting your house, post the area you live and give a rough estimate for driving distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.