main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 8th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Is there any reason we don't advertise these meetings on the main fanforce.net page? I see all the other groups posting their meetings, and it might get us new members who only casually go to the site now?

Chris

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    PM Rox. I think he won't know unless we PM him. Otherwise it would rely on luck that he would come into this forum and see we have a meeting. He's very responsive. Simply PM him the info and he'll take care of the rest. Very few have access to the main page.

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Usually, we finalize the details of our meetings at the last minute, so there isn't a lot of time for the front page notice. That's why I want to finalize the details of this meeting early.

We have the date but we need the location. Who's house?

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Run's House!

Who's House???

Run's House! :D

(Chasing Amy/Dogma reference!)

5. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Mon Mothma's caution is understandable -- Mogook, I'm not sure we're ready to move to a private home yet -- even if we have a list of who is attending to privately send the address to, I'm not entirely sure /I/ would want people showing up to my home that I didn't know or hadn't met. It seems every meeting we have, new people show up, which, don't get me wrong, is great, it's just that I don't know how trustworthy everyone else is. =)

Besides, that Big Broadcastah....even at the MALL he was drooling everywhere! Do you know what that does to CARPETS???? RAR!! =P

Chris

6. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You have a point. It's really a security issue for that person.

7. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, like I said earlier, if we all chip in and reserve a party room at the Muvico, we will have a good, quiet place to meet. I'll check to see how much, and if they will let us reserve the room since the rooms ARE reserved for parties. Unless...we make it a Star Wars Party!! Bring chips and drinks and pot luck maybe. What do you guys think about that?

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks, please let us know how much when you find out. :)

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I talked to M.M. about the house thing, and I told her I understood the hesitance about it. I think we all can.

DRK_HLMT, that would be great if you could find out how much it would be to reserve the room.

10. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I called Muvico and they said that the party rooms are reserved for children's parties only. The cost is $15 per person and it includes pizza, popcorn, soda, movie, and decorations. So I guess that's out of the equation. Unless we can get at least 10 kids to join us! We can just grab some kids at the theater and force them to listen to us go on about Star Wars. :D

Oh well. I will keep my eye out for any other good locations.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Plus $15 per person is a lot. We can find another place.

12. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Have you guys thought about having your meetings at comic book stores or even borders?
    Occassionally our group meets for dinner, but most of the time its at borders in the cafe or some other public place for security reasons as well.

Also if you guys need your meetings posted just let me know I would be happy to post them for you. :)

Strawbary

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I always thought the library was a good choice. You can get a sound proof room where nobody could hear you.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    In libraries no one can hear you scream.

15. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    The main library in columbia has a meeting room, I know because I have attended meetings there, the nice thing is, it is FREE :) I think food is allowed, so we could all bring a snack to share, and we would have a nice place to meet and food, and it would be airconditioned :) I can check for sure if you would like.

16. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It would be wonderful if you could check that for us yaddel.

18. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    AAAAH! library!

I work at a library. Mesa don't want to go back to the library on my weekend!!

j/k Just don't let me up near the books or I will start fixing their shelves. God knows, I'm sure Columbia is messy! ;)

I really don't care where the meeting is as I'm so used to driving 2 hours in multiple directions now that nothing can stun me.

19. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    While I was at work today I asked for info on the meeting room. We can probably get it for Saturday the 17th as the group that would be there cancelled, but they fill up pretty quick (they said they start booking in October for next year)

Anyway, if you guys would like to try the library for the August meeting and see how it goes we can worry about booking it for later meetings after that. :)

oh, btw, I work at the Maryland City at Russett Branch of the Anne Arundel County public library. Very easy to get to.

Let me know ASAP if we want this so I can book it.

20. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    I called the Columbia library today, but ofcourse they close early on Friday, I will call first thing tomorrow, I will post as soon as I talk to them, let me know if you would rather meet at the other library :)

21. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Orangerful,

I'd say go ahead and get the room for August 17th while you still can and then we can discuss the future of meeting there more permanently.

OBTW, sorry I've been a ghost lately. The Wookie/Mutt/Romeo slipped a disk in his neck early this past week and I've been nursing him back to health. I'm proud to say he's come out of it well. He was on loopy drugs Tuesday night, which was not fun. Ever try to hoist a 150-160 lb St. Bernard into the bed of a truck because he's out of it and can't walk? The Force was definitely with him, and unlike a certain R.A. Salvatore book, we didn't lose our favorite Wookie! In Sept. or Oct. when we can arrange an outdoor meeting, I'll bring him with me for sure. So I'm back posting in full force now!

22. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Poor Puppy!! Give him an extra Scooby Snack for me!

M.M.

23. yaddel

May 19, 2002
    Ok I talked to the Library and bad news, the room is already booked, who would have thought a library would be so popular?!? Anyway, it is a nice central location, so I would be very happy to book future meetings there if you guys pick a date and time, maybe we could do the halloween meeting there? Let me know, and again sorry about that, I seem to never be able to get anything reserved these days :(

24. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm just going to turn the form in when I go to work tomorrow and hope the room is still open, if that's okay.

If we change the meeting place, just let me know so I can cancel the room.

Yeah, the library meeting rooms are very popular. They start booking a 6 months in advance!! (well it is free after all)

25. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    Okay I reserved the room at the Maryland City at Russett Branch library from 1-3:30 on saturday august 17th, does that sound good?

Wal-Mart and Target are right near by for post or pre meeting action figure runs.

I can post directions if you need me to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.