Mary 8th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think posting directions has now become a requirement. Also, since we have a clear cut plan for this meeting well ahead of time now, it would be nice to have Mogook go ahead and notify Rox so he can post it on the main page!

!!!August 17th, 1-330pm at the Maryland City at Russett Branch library!!!
  2. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think we should start arranging our meetings to be closer to an hour. And, at the most, if they run over, an hour and a half. A lot of us half to do things on Saturdays and we can't take a lot of time out for meetings. Plus, there isn't much to discuss at meetings anymore. Which brings me to my next topic.

With the summer ending soon, we'll all probably have less time. So, I just wanted to bring up the possibility of having meetings every 2 months (or whenever). A lot of other chapters don't have monthly meetings. They schedule one when they feel the need to have it. With AOTC out, and the fanfilms moving to their own meetings, I can't think of any official business to carry the meetings. This is just a suggestion and, like any other, welcome to discussion.
  3. gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ah! Mister Special-Pants is too GOOD for us now! Bi-monthly meetings??? Pretty soon you'll be suggesting we meet in remote areas of the ANTARCTIC!!!

Hehe. Just kidding. I sort of agree with you, but on the other hand it's cool to hang out with other Star Wars afficianados and chat about whatever.

My suggestion? Make the "Sceduled" meeting last an hour long, and whomever wants to stay and enjoy the company of others can do so at their own leisure. I kinda thought that's how we were doing it anyway?

Just a thought...

Chris / gh0stdevil
  4. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, what's wrong with meeting in remote areas of the Antarctic? 8-}
  5. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah Ghostdevil,

We pretty much have been operating that way. For the remote people in Antartica who have to hitchhike with polar bears to get to the meetings, its a waste to show up for an hour and go home right away, so we find things to do in the area. Then people who live close, like some City Reps we know show up and ditch as soon as we run out of topics to discuss.

Makes you wonder if he is too good to be associating with the likes of us?

:D just kidding Mogook, but you could try to stick around after the meetings sometimes. Thats when the really cool stuff happens.
  6. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I would like to stick around, but I do have other obligations that I have to take care of. I plan on the meetings to be, at the most, about an hour and a half. I then schedule my other stuff around that. :)
  7. mon-mothma Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm fine with the meeting length issue. I do have a question, though. Mogook, you mentioned in your post "fanfilms" plural. Are there other films in production now within the Maryland chapter other than the one we've all met on at the last get-together? Just curious.

M.M.
  8. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nope, that was just a typo. :)
  9. mon-mothma Jedi Master

star 2
  10. orangerful Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Okay, give me directions you all are coming from and I can tell you directions hehe.

if you're coming from the north :
    295 South
    198 Laurel/Ft. Meade
    stay right at the top of the ramp (toward laurel)
    first Right onto Russett Green
    Second Left

if you're coming from the south:
    295 North
    198 towards Laurel
    same as above :)

From Annapolis :
    32 towards Ft. Meade/Columbia
    left onto 198 (right after base entrance)
    right onto Russett Green

ask me if you need better directions. :) It's pretty easy to find.
  11. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just reminding everyone:

Maryland City at Russett Branch library from 1-3:30 on saturday august 17th. Is this all correct?
  12. sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    How far is this place past Annapolis?
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Laurel, huh? Pretty close to my old stomping grounds at College Park. In terms of meetings less often, nothing says you can't get together with the folks you meet in here at times other than an official meeting.
  14. orangerful Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sithspawn - Probably closer than Arundel Mills. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to Annapolis from my house. (i live right across the street from the library).

(better directions)
    70 west
    50 west
    97 north
    32 west
    198 towards laurel
    right onto russett green

Now with evil bay bridge traffic, I can't say, but who the hell is coming to this side of Maryland on a saturday!

oh, and "light refreshments" may be served but we do have to pick up after hourselves. (no alcoholic beverages)

I only picked from 1-3:30 so we'd have plenty of time for whatever, you don't have to stay the full time, i just wanted to BOOK plenty of time. There's a burger king and mcdonalds right around the corner so we can all go for ice cream afterwards or something fun like that. :)
  15. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Orangerful,

Directions from I-295 BW Parkway? I think I've almost got it but want to be sure.

295 to 198 towards Laurel and the rest of those directions?
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If you guys need your meeting posted let me know I would be happy to put it up on TFN. :)
    This way you may get a few more people there.

Strawbary
  17. sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey gang,

I've had something come up, (VERY good, dont worry!) that I need to stay home this weekend to do some home renovations (painting and carpeting), so I can put my house up for sale by the end of the month. Thus I will not be able to make this meeting. :-( I'm sorry I will miss the meeting and seeing all of you......but this is BIG and I cant take a chance of not being ready.

Mogook & DrkHlmt: I know I got some figures you guys need for your collection. If you would like.....my offer still stands to send them up to one of y'all for distribution at the meeting. Pvt me to let me know.

Sincerely,
    Ian (Sithspawn)
  18. orangerful Jedi Youngling

star 1
    MuttandSolo - 295 to 198 towards laurel

then you make the first right onto Russett Green (there will be a McDonalds and a Walmart on the right too)

then you drive down Russett Green for a bit, the library will be on the left.

It's in the same area as a KinderCare.
  19. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, In case you read the info in the 7th. meeting, I have been out of commission because the Festiva died shortly after I left the parking lot at Arundel Mills Mall. Then I had to get a new car, a white Saturn, nicnamed "The Cosmic Princess". Then I had to go to Kansas then Canada. I am now back. I PM'ed Mutt about going to see 3D space station, but that was before I read this thread. What happened to seeing 3D Space Station in August? Where is this library? Will I be able to find it? BTW 3D Space Station finishes its run on Labour Day and I have news about Clones in IMAX I found out in Kansas.
  20. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Wait so where is the meeting?
  21. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Maryland City at Russett Branch library from 1-3:30 on saturday august 17th.
  22. orangerful Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The meeting is at Maryland City/Russett Library in their meeting room.

the branch is located in the Russett community which is off of 198 in Laurel Maryland.

The meeting will begin at 1pm. I reserved the room from 1-3:30 but that does not mean we have to use it for that long.

3501 Russett Common
    Laurel MD 20724
    is the branch address, so if you don't understand my directions listed several times above, then try mapquest.

Arundel Mills is about 15 minutes away from this place so figure that however long it took you to get ot Arundel Mills, it will take you 15 minutes more to get to the library. (or less depending on which side of the Mills you are on)

23. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the info orangerful. :)
  24. orangerful Jedi Youngling

star 1
    oh and P.S.

if anyone passes a Kmart on the way to the meeting could they run in and look for Star Wars folders :) I'll pay you back. The one by me only had 1 left (only 1!!!) and it was the baddies one. So if you see any others, and you grab them for me, I'll pay you back. :)

oh, and Takwolf - could you please grab me a second palpy if you have any extra time? It would make the perfect gift for a friend of mine hehe.

see you all Saturday!

toodle pip
  25. Hayblibberking Jedi Youngling

This meeting should be very very cool. cause we have a whole roome to ourselves.Hehe. After we are done. I'm gonna look for more starwars books that I haven't read. LOL :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.