main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo 9-11

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Tori_Dakk, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    this is a date that our children and our children's children will ask us about...

Please remember this day...

share your thoughts.

I'll post more later...

2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I was listening to the radio this morning. A lady called up. Today (9-11) was her birthday. She's been dating somone who's birthday was on December 7. (Pearl Harbor) How's that for creepy?

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Do not listen to KBLL 93 the way they have the songs compiled is enough to keep you crying for days.

Why did I have to read the Fanforce areas first? This was my 8,000 post and I was saving it for a special thread. Well I guess this one is special anyway. :D

4. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Last year, being in Delaware, literally in the middle of it all, was very frightening. But, before that event, I was completely naive about war and death...I don't think a Spetember will ever pass without me thinking about that day, when I matured a few years in a few minutes' time.

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I am really of two minds about the matter. I realise that the attacks last year were devestating to our country. We had never before had an attack on our continent of this scale, and the death toll was extremely high.

On the other hand....I think it made some of us more aware that the global policy decisions our government makes can come back to haunt the entire nation. There's a reason Americans are held in contempt and even hated in some parts of the world. I encourage you to look at the views of others before universally condemning a people from a particular region of the world. Step outside the box of victim we Americans occasionally sit ourselves in and try to have a broader perspective on the matters at hand.

6. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    dont get me started

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.