90 minutes

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by The Flying Dutchman, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    Why can you only edit you message in 90 minutes ?[face_plain]

Just asking :)
  2. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
  3. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Because, just because. Actually, that's quite a long time for someone to want to change their posty. It's only 30 min in the JC Community because of all the wierdness that goes on there. Some members may uncalled for remarks that they should edit out. Sometimes, you want to add comments in your posty due to the following posties appearing. and other times, you really want to edit out everything you just said.

Now, in literature, I understand they want more time, but it's up to the mods/managers on that. You might want to PM Darth Ludicrous; he's the manager for lit, I think. :D
  4. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Basically, it's a troll-catching device. If people post something inflammatory, or profanity, or anything naughty, we'll be able to see it if they don't edit themselves in time. The edit times for the two most commonly trolled forums (JC Community and E 2/3 Spoilers Allowed) are thirty minutes, the Literature forum is unlimited (due to the nature of the material, which may need to be updated in the distant future by the author), and everything else is 90 minutes.
  5. The Flying Dutchman Jedi Master

star 4
    thx, it's not that I've got a problem with it but sometimes I revisit the topic after 90 min. so...
    Have to life with it :)
  6. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it would be great to have a few days of edit time for the FanForce boards, as we may post even details, or other important information. This information could change over the course fo the week, as members become unavailble, etc.

I would also be nice to edit poles, as these commonly have spelling errors, etc.

And on that note...any chance of a built in spell checker on the forums? That would be great!

lol, just my 2 cents :)
  7. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, it's only 90 minutes for everywhere in the JC, apart from the JCC and PSA where it's 30; and Fan Fiction, and Writers Resource where it's unlimited.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.