main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN 94.1 The Buzz ROTS Showing- May 19th 9:30 AM- SMT There at 8 AM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Here's a little something that Tommy with 94.1 The Buzz thought we might be interested in:

We'll be broadcasting live from Malco in Cordova on May 20th. We'd love to have some folks out in costume at this. I'm getting clearance for Fan Club Members to see this movie for free if they come out and do something. The movie will start at 9:30 and we're going to call it the Official Wait In Line for Star Wars location. I'll need a head count on of this so holla back at me.

-Tommy

So here are the questions I'm posing to all of you:

Would you be willing to come in costume for this?

What would you be willing to do at this to cover the
    "come out and do something" part of the deal?

And finally: How many of you are willing to solidly commit to this right now? (I need to give Tommy a number, meaning that anyone who decides at the last minute to participate probably couldn't see the movie for free.)

I need responses and ideas from everyone by Friday, May 6th.

-Tim

2. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I'd be willing to come out and do some lightsaber fighting with someone IF I get my Sith costume completed in time. Which I hope I can do within the next 2 weeks.

Maybe I'll have a small Jedi outfit for Muley before then, too; he DOES have a kind of connection to 94.1 Buzz through Nightmarez!.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Why are they calling it the Official Wait in Line on the 20th, when we'll have already done the Wait in Line on the 18th? :confused:

I won't get home from work until 7:30pm that night....not sure if I'd have time to get in a costume and make it out to Cordova in time. (Depends on how fast I can paint triangles on my face. :p)

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I talked to Tommy about it last night and folks MUST be in costume to be a part of this. If you say yes and then back out at the last minute or don't show up in costume expect some major sith lightning headed your way!

This will be a great way to get some good media exposure for the club. I plan on taking a bunch of pics of this and the Drive-Ins and putting together a picture disk for the Insider.

5. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    bleh!
    why is it on the 20th? thats lame
    anyways, im just saying i cant make it *cries*
    gotta go visit college

6. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I can be there for sure.

7. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    i can be there in costume and i'll be willing to do just about anything...

actually that's a lie, anything is way too much of a stretch. within reason i'll be happy to do it, though.

8. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Trish and I will be there in costume.

9. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I will be there in costume. (if I can ever figure out how to sew!!!)

10. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    Argh! I just found out my cousin's graduation is that night - but it shouldn't take too long (it's just a Rosemark graduation - couldn't be more than 20 kids :p ) so I'll get there around 8-8:30.

11. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm free, and hope to have my Sith suit done.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Kell: Emma's Kindegarten graduation at Rosemark took an hour. I'd be afraid if I were you!

13. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    All of you have fun. The new requirement of dues will prevent us from being able to participate.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    While the SMT will be participating in this event, it is not an SMT-sponsored event. The issue of Dues has no bearing in this situation.

Please see the SMT Dues Thread for further information.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I still need some suggestions regarding things we could do for this event.

Don't make me commit y'all to dancing around in pink tutus to the Love Theme from Attack of the Clones! I mean it! I'll up and do it! :p

16. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    I AM worried, those things can go on and on and on... I'm trying to be optimistic.
    Otherwise I'm sneaking out after a half hour.

At least I can wear battle padme under normal clothes, so I won't have to change!! Ha!

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And that's a good thing, Kell!

Graduations at any school are bad enough. But when the school has religious affiliations...

Well, just cancel any plans you had for afterward. You're going to get saved before those diplomas are handed out.

18. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    The movie starts @ 9:30 pm so how early do we have to be there??? Are we doing the "come out and do something" part before the movie right?... Count me in anyways!

19. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    is this still all correct?
    i didnt see anything on the buzz site and my friend who works at malco cordova said some radio thing was going on the morning of the 19th

soo, yeah...

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, according to my conversation with Karen, this isn't "official" yet, and she wasn't supposed to discuss it with me. However, Tommy still wants us a head count and some ideas on what we can do. So, everyone needs to let me know by noon tomorrow if they want to take part in this. Costumes are required for this as well.

And this may be moved to Thursday, May 19th!

Also, I doubt I'll be able to add anyone after I submit the head count, so holler out, folks.

21. blackdogotaku

Oct 14, 2004
    i have an afternoon flight the 19th, so if its in teh morning or at midnite i will be there
    if not, im a no go

22. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    ill try to be there in costume

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll be there, but it sounds like just as a movie goer if costumes are required. See you all there!

24. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    With costumes not finished, I don't want to promise anything, so if we show up, it will probably be to hang with Rhonda dressed as fans.

-Joe

25. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    If it's Thursday I'll be there for sure, if it's Friday I'll be there late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.