main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN 94.1 The Buzz ROTS Showing- May 19th 9:30 AM- SMT There at 8 AM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll throw y'all on the list anyway, Joe. Better safe than sorry, right?

Thanks, Kell!

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    If it's the morning of I'm a no show, if it's that night I'm there, dude.

And Rhonda- what's up with the no costume..?! You've got a killer one!

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Rhonda doesn't want to be seen in public with a bunch of geeks. :p I offered to make the helmet for her Pilot Padme costume.

It's supposed to be at night, so it shouldn't interfere with anyone's work schecule.

4. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Robert and I have an awards dinner to go to for my company, but we are cutting out at 8:30pm. We should be there by 9pm. We will be changing in the car on the way there. Count us in!

Joe, I thought you and Gina were coming to costuming this Saturday and next Saturday at the Cordova library. You should have a good enough costume in time for this. I hope to see you all and everyone else that needs help or just wants to hang out. (as if everyones life is as boring as mine and you have nothing better to do on a Saturday)

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Yeah, we plan on being there tomorrow, but I didn't want to a) put any pressure on my lovely wife to be finished, just in case she runs into any snags or b) make a promise to the Tim-peror that we might have to back out on. I hate doing that to anybody, 'specially him.

-Joe

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Aw, thanks, Joe.

Note to self: Set Sith-lightning to half power if used on Joe.

7. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Half-light---awwww. :(

I like to watch the fireworks. Joe, say something mean so I can see the good stuff! :)

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, after my meeting with Tommy Davis and Karen Scott this morning, we don't know if this will even happen, and if it does, it may be Thurday morning on May 19th instead of that night.

I'm not supposed to tell y'all anything about this, but I don't think they realize that I can't just ask everyone to show up without giving y'all plenty of notice, especially when we're talking about something that'll happen during a normal work and school day. Arrangements have to be made regarding jobs, school, kids, etc, and they need to accept that we can't just show up at the drop of the hat to help them promote this film at their theater. It's very difficult to plan anything when you have no information, or when the folks running the show won't willingly release info to you, even if it is only tentative.

So, if this does indeed get scheduled, I'll let everyone know as soon as Tommy calls me. I apologize in advance if this change in schedule/lack of a schedule causes anyone to be excluded from volunteering for this event, but I'm afraid we're at Malco's mercy with this. As Han Solo says, "It's not my fault!"

So, if you can still make it, even if it's during the day, holler out. At least we'll have a head count for Tommy when he calls. I'm pretty sure I'll be there since I'm taking that day off anyway. (I'll be one tired puppy, though.)

Waves hand in front of everyone's faces

I never told you anything about this.

9. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    All of a sudden, I feel available to do something on Thursday the 19th during the day. But for the life of me, I don't know what it is. :p

10. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    this seems like it's falling apart... thursday night is bad for me because i have an exam the next day... friday is much, much better.

i'll probably show up if it's on thursday, though i really shouldn't. not a chance if it's in the morning (well... can we define morning by time? midnight showing = morning or like during the day = morning?)

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We're talking possibly as early as 9:30 am on Thursday, Elliott.

12. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    ouch... that's school hours.

just let us know when you know the times... hopefully a bunch of us can make it.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know, I know. If it is that early, it'll be hard for me to get there as well, especially after having been up almost all night.

14. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I may be out of town on the 19th & 20th. Don't know yet....the "man" hasn't told me when I would be needed. I'm gonna talk with him Monday and make sure he knows I MUST be in town on the 18th....I'll let ya know if I can swing the 19th or not.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Use the Jedi Mind Trick, Hollie. If not, use the Sith mind trick and just threaten "The Man" within an inch of his life.

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I have a HORRIBLE PROBLEM! Somebody help me, if you can!

Muppets Wizard of Oz comes on the night of the 20th, but I wanna go hang out with my Star Wars friends, too.

Can someone with really good TV reception video tape this movie for me, and I will return the tape with a blank one?

It comes on ABC. 7pm CST.

You can find trailers et al at: http://www.toughpigs.com/ozcontents.htm

or the official site at ABC.com:
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/muppetsoz/index.html

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Alrighty, all of you Tivo worshippers... Help Kev out here.

18. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I have Tivo and will be recording that, but I don't know how to transfer it to VCR. I will ask Rob if we can use Tivo and VCR at the same time.

Kevin, you may just have to come out to our house to watch it. [face_mischief]

Kelly

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Can't you just record when you are playing back the Tivo? That is the beauty of it, isn't it? You can skip the commercials surgically when recording stuff.

20. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Jacob, if that is something that can be done...TiVo rulez!!!

Thanks, Kelly! Maybe one night we can all have a Muppet Oz viewing. But, check and see if it can be taped.

I know the DVD comes out in September, but sometimes they cut stuff out of the original production. They cut out a song or two from Muppet Christmas Carol when putting it on video, and then later on DVD; and the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie got chopped up, too. Damn Disney and Buena Vista!!

Anyhow, TIM! Say, you gonna get a copy of the air checks you guys did and post 'em on the site? I wanna hear them!

21. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    a friend of mine called me and sed the buzz announced on teh radio that they are having a "thing" for star wars on the 18th
    anyone know anything about it?

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    It's a preview giveaway for Wednesday the 18th that you have to listen for the Yoda sounder to win and be the 9th caller. If you're listening now, they should play it within the next 7 minutes. (And the crappy Yoda in the sounder is me. I sound like Pee-Wee Herman on acid.)

EDIT: I just heard it. Man, I suck.

23. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
  24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, so NOW it's finalized- The Showing is at 9:30 am on Thursday, May 19th at Malco Cordova, but we'd need to be there around 8 am (I'll double-check this soon). Tommy said he came to our boards and counted up 8 people. (Now I have to figure out which 8 he's talking about!)

So, who's in and what costume will you be coming in. I think I'll be tired enough to look like the Emperor without the makeup by then.

25. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    This is at the Paradiso right? I do have a plain jedi outfit without the robe that I might be talked into wearing. I am planning on coming in to work late Thrusday anyway.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.