main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 9th Annual (2015) Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange - Mav needs a favor!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    This was fun
    look forward to 2016 challenges

mavjade , Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Gosh, I hadn't really realised how long mine was till you mentioned that! I'm rubbish at keeping things short. Especially when, as they say 'I didn't have time to write something shorter'! ;)

Ewok Poet and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Nope!

1. Until Findswoman replied to yours yesterday, I was under a false impression that yours was posted about a month ago and that I had responded to it already. So, the "long" ones are the ones Chyntuck wrote for SatineNaberrie, the one jcgoble3 wrote for Shira A'dola and the one that was not posted yet, which I had a chance to read in a very early stage.

2. I had the same "problem" as you. The first 400-500 words took ages to write and then it just...flew out of my brain into bites and bytes within less than an hour and there were not that many things to fix, even.

3. My great uncle used to say that he's not rich enough to buy cheap things. ;)

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Now I know why I missed out on this. It started before TFA was released and before I returned to the fold. I see how it is. ;)

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Never too late to give them a read! Kahara resurrected them all last week for a belated binge and there are a couple of us who didn't finish reading the longest ones yet, either. [face_blush]

jcgoble3 and Findswoman like this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hello all!

It's not quite time for this challenge to pop up for this year, but before we get there, I need your help!

Last year, I allowed deadlines to be pushed, something I hadn't really ever done before. Due to this, one person never got their fic gift. This is entirely my fault because not only did I allow for things I didn't in the past, but I completely forgot it happened and I didn't get someone else to write the story. (Mav is bad and she certainly does feel bad! [face_blush] )

So now, to make it up to that person, I'd like at least 2 people (more if there are the willing!) to write the fic-gift. Ultimately, I'd like them to be written as soon as possible, but at least before December. The story would be in Before or Saga.

If you would like to help me out and write this story for your fellow fanficer, please send me a PM as soon as possible!

Thanks!

~mav

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Bad Mav! Bad Mav! :p ;)

mavjade likes this.
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey Mav. I'm in the middle of 10 billion research papers, but I hate to see someone forgotten. I can't make any guarantees (so if other people would step up, I'd appreciate it) but I'm willing to give it a shot.

mavjade likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

You didn't commit a crime. It was a delicate situation and you did your best! Especially with, ummm, some other people who had their own nonsensical issues bothering you. [face_blush]

Findswoman likes this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AHHHH! IM REALLY REALLY SORRY THAT IT IS SO BAD :_| ! But jcgoble3 's fic is up. BOOM: Fic Goes Meta

Seriously, JC, hit me up with an Obi-Wan request in January, outside of the 2016 Fic-Gift exchange, and I'll write you something better.

11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay, finally! :p

Fortunately, I'm easy to please. ;)

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    THE CIRCLE IS NOW COMPLETE. Good work, Bri. :)

Is this when we ask about when the next one begins? :D

jcgoble3 and Findswoman like this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Very soon! I've been in a funk this past week, but it's almost ready.

Ewok Poet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.