Mary 9th Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHIG88 Force Ghost

Hey Guys I cant make the meeting on the 28,my wife and I will be celebrateing 6 years of marrage,[sorry guys]
    also if you go to sandy point state park your looking to pay 4bucks ahead to get in, so if you have 4 people in your car it`s gonna cost ya 20 bucks to get in,[ I know cause thats what they wanted to charge me at the gate just to go fishing] so I hope you got deeeeeeeeeeep pockets
  2. gh0stdevil Jedi Knight

star 1
    4 bucks a head...4 people in the car...20 bucks?

Darth, perhaps a bit of Sith School is in order. That'd be 16 bucks. =P

Anyway, I can't make it either. I will have to wait until the illustrious 10th meeting before I am able to hang with the homies, so to speak.

Also, to address where I've been...I've been massively ill the past week + after coming back from DragonCon. Allergies + Icky Bad Head Cold + Working too much = SICK CHRIS

So please forgive any inactivity, I will be picking the pieces back up....

And Darth IG-88-ED: I do want the helmet, just not right now. Finances can't handle it at the moment, but definitely keep me in mind for buying it. Thanks.

Chris
  3. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't make it on the 28th. either, I have a class.
  4. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry you've been sick, GhostDevil. Take it easy, get totally well and thanks for the info...it helps to know what's up with folks.

M.M.
  5. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    With the amount of people not able to make the meeting, and the lack of info for meeting places, maybe this meeting should be postponed?

Either way, I don't know if Sandy Point is looking like the best meeting place. I think meetings at parks should be planned well in advance so people can take off and prepare food for the event.
  6. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, maybe we should consider meeting at the mall instead so we can discuss in person the concerns in the other thread and maybe work out some of the issues.
  7. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree with Mogook that a park meeting is not the ideal choice for a variety of reasons. I'm OK with postponement or relocating to an indoor place for the 28th, though. Pretty easygoing, huh?

:)

M.M.
  8. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    The indoor "Plan B" for this outing was Annapolis Mall. Same time and we can choose where to meet.
  9. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Following the instructions and posting in this thread that we ARE planning on attending on the 28th. Hmmm...think I'll post in the MDFF thread as well.

M.M.
  10. orangerful Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be wherever you need me to be for the 9th meeting.

and I shall drag Hayblibberking with me.

somebody bring a large notebook so we have room to write down all the details of the amazing and brilliant plans we will set forth. (ya know, like a calendar with dates and stuff)

toodle pip
  11. Dark_Jedi_Jim Jedi Padawan

Hello all. Like I said, I'm new to this board. I didn't even know that there was a Maryland SW Fan Force club, but I think that it is pretty cool. Having just moved to the Baltimore area from Pittsburgh last year, I haven't really gotten to meet a lot of people (besides co-workers), much less other SW fans. I would be interested in attending a meeting, if I could get a little more info about where it is and what goes on at the meetings. I've read that the next meeting will be 9/28, which is fine for me because I work M - F. The SW stuff that I'm into is watching the films, reading (some of) the novels and comics, and playing any SW related videogame that I can get my hands on. I would be interested in learning about the SW trading card game or playing a SW RPG. Do any of you guys play those? Well anyway, I look forward to meeting you guys and finding out more about what the MD FF club is all about! Thanks.

-Jim
  12. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think we should still meet on the 28th - even if it's a smaller group. I can make it. Does anybody else like MuttandSolo's idea of meeting at the Applebee's by Annapolis Mall?

kasjedi
  13. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Applebee's is cool. Is it in the mall or outside but near the mall? Actually I once had a dreadful meal at the Applebee's near our house and have not eaten in once since. But that's OK as I usually don't order much of anything at these gatherings anyway.

M.M.
  14. orangerful Jedi Knight

star 1
    haha, last time I was at an applebees, they had just started making the Fajitas and I ordered one and it set the fire alarm off! We got %20 off our check though..

Applebees works. HayblibberKing might have a soccer game that day but I will be there fer-sure.

Anyone want to see if we can call ahead since it will be a ton of us and a saturday afternoon right next to a huge mall. Catch my drift?
  15. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    The Applebee's is not in the mall itself, but in the circle. Just get to the mall, drive around the circle and you will come to it. I'm going to call tomorrow (today is busy) and make sure there is the space and will post the results sometime in the afternoon.
  16. orangerful Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, even if we can't "make reservations" some places (like Don Pablos for example) let you call ahead the day of and tell them to get ready for you. So ask them if they have that option if they are totally confused about trying to reserve a table at applebees ;)
  17. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Is 15 people too conservative a number for a reservation? I'm planning on calling Applebee's today and was just wondering what kind of turn-out we can expect.
  18. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that 15 is around the right number. There might be 13 or 16, but 15 is a good estimate. Thanks for taking care of this, Mutt.

M.M. and Son of M.M.
  19. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I bought that Star Wars novel "Traitor" and it turns out I didn't need to. Does anyone want it? I'll bring it on the 28th if there's any interest out there.

M.M.
  20. Dark_Jedi_Jim Jedi Padawan

Has anyone posted the time of the meeting at Applebee's on the 28th? I am planning on coming but I'm unsure what time we're supposed to be there. I'd appreciate an update! Thanks.

-Jim
  21. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like a copy of Traitor, but alas I can't make it to the meeting on the 28th. :(
  22. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    The meeting this Saturday is now official. Applebee's (2141 Generals Highway
    Annapolis, MD 21401) at the Annapolis Mall, September 28, 1:30 p.m. The space is reserved under my name. The manager says that business is slow, so even though I reserved for 15 persons, more will not be a problem, in my estimation. I have also sent a request to Strawbary with the details so that our meeting maybe announced on the main page. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
  23. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very cool, Mutt! I was wondering if we should be talking about the fanfilm at all. I know that Mon-mothma and I will be there, along with MuttandSolo, so I was wondering if we would want to discuss casting, location, script, etc.

Thanks!

Son of M.M.
  24. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for taking care of that MuttandSolo! I'll definitely be there barring any unforeseen circumstances.

And in the immortal words of Cosmo Kramer "In my mind, I'm already there!"
  25. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well there is a lot to discus at the meeting, but if you want to stick around afterwards and have a short pow-wow on the film that would be great.

I will probably be around Annapolis for awhile as I'm sure someone will want to meander over to the mall and look up action figures, take in a movie, or model underwear at VS.

P.S. Check it out! I have a cool title!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.