main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

_____ VS _____

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Hoser, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm well aware of that bud.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There was a big deal about 10 years ago when DC put out stats for the power levels of their universe. SuperMan was of course the most powerful, followed by Batman, which cause an uproar. "He's just a human. All he has is gadgets and skills, no super powers. How can he be the 2nd most powerful"... etc. Well, let's look at DC's sales: Superman & Batman are their top two sellers. That makes them the top most-powerful characters... Or is that too cynical?

In answer: Superman could wipe the floor with Batman without thinking about it. On the other hand, Batman is smart enough to find a way to balance the odds IF he is given time to prepare. And he has prepared contingencies because he IS smart.

3. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Batman vs. Superman depends on the turf and the timing.

With any amount of preparation and homefield advantage...Batman not only would win...but would wipe the floor with Superman.

If for any reason the fight was fast, unexpected, out of the natural element for Batman, or worse, a face to face, nothing but fists, brawl...yeah, Superman not only wins...but his losing would be a mockery against reason...even if Batman found some way to "effect" superman even slightly, it wouldn't be enough.

So the answer is: Batman wins because he doesn't actually agree to a fight until he already has the victory assured.

4. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    How about this:

X-files vs. SG-1

Could Mulder & Scully find out about the Stargate Program?

5. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That would be a sweet crossover..

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I have a feeling they might be able to do it. Carter has brought in outside experts to help with problems on more than one occaison. I would that there would be some kind of paper trail....

7. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    If they were really looking for it, I'd say they would find it. Given how many people are involved its a wonder its stayed secret this long.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    The SGC has also come veryclose to having a security breach on more than one occaison and Scully and Mulder are really good exposing secrets that that the government REALLY doesn't want anyone to know about. If they wanted to expose the Stargate Program they could definetly do it.

9. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    you would think.

But we are approaching 15 years of near misses, and still no reveal!

Mulder and Scully couldn't even show the world the evidence they found about alien visitors.

----------

And yes, it would be an awesome crossover.

I can see Mulder having a very VERY long conversation with Thor.

Mulder would cry like a baby if he knew about the Asgard.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, but the US Air Force has begun to share Gate technology with other countries. That means it has had to come clean about existence of the program, especially with the Russians and the Chineze, both of whom aren't quite in the same league as the United States when it comes to security.

And yes, Mulder would piss his pants if he knew about the Asgard.

11. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    On a side note to Stargate if you put them against each other which SG team would win.
    The one lead by O'Neil, the one by Mitchell or the one lead by Shepherd with Ronan in it.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm inclined to say O'Neill's team, on account of experience.

13. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    O'Neill Team: Total Victory

Browder Team: Sam and Daniel and Teal'c win, but Browder gets beat up by Scully.

Shepard Team: They lose because they've got too much of "Star Trek" vibe to keep anything a secret anymore.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I would like to see it as more of the teamup, with conflict between SG teams and Mulder and Scully/other X-file members/Lone Gunmen, than an all out battle. Might as well throw in Frank Black from the Mellinium group into the mix.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    The SG teams will definetly win. I can't speak for Sheppard's team as I'm not very familiar with Atlantis, but both Mitchell and O'Neill have extensive black ops training.Teal'c was already a combat veteran before joining SG-1 and Carter and Daniel are probably among the smartest people on the planet. Hell, Daniel deciphered the symbols on the cover stones in TWO WEEKS and the Air Force's research team had been studying the Stargate for TWO YEARS.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm well aware of everyone's capabilites and skills. :)

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    True.

Here's a kind of unorthodox match-up:

Batman vs Ocean's 11. Both are extreme good at what they do and both have access to an impressive array of gadget and toys.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That would be all sorts of badass..

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So who do you think would win, then? I'm inclined to says Danny Ocean's crew could probably go up against Batman and win. For a start, they're known for pulling off impossible jobs. Also, they've gone up against some very smart and ruthless enemies. In Ocean's 11, Terry Benedict figured out almost immediately that the footage from the vault was faked. They also outsmarted the Nightfox, the protege of Gaspar LeMarque, said to be the greatest thief who ever lived.

20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Is Batman alone for does he have support(Alfred, or one of the Robins, or Catwoman, since this is right up her alley)?

21. Panther50

Apr 7, 2004
    I think Batman would take them apart. I'd love to see him beat that smug grin from George Clooneys face.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No, Batman is alone on this one.

And remember, this is a battle of wits, not physical strength.

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Batman.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    How do you figure? Danny Ocean's crew has pulled off some very subtle and intricate heists. I think they could make it very hard for Batman to figure out what's going on.

25. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Batman has top training in many fields, is smart as hell, and doesn't usually have or need a crew to help him accomplish his goals. If Benedict see through Ocean's scheme and eventually track down all of its members, Batman will have no trouble doing the same thing. If Benedict was truly ruthless, he would have killed off some of Ocean's crew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.