main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

_____ VS _____

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Hoser, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Those are good points, and I think he would have had some of them killed if he hadn't been asked to show restraint. Don't forget, though, that it took Benedict 3 years to track everyone involved in the Belagio job. Also, they replaced the real Coronation Egg with a fake for the Nightfox to steal and then replaced THAT with a hologram. There's also the fact that Ocean's crew played Willy Bank like a fiddle, while also playing Benedict and the Nightfox. I concede that Batman will probably figure out their game eventually, but Danny Ocean's crew is clearly VERY good and has an established track record of executing VERY sofisticated heists, while playing multiple enemies, some of whom are have proven to be extremely perceptive, against each other. I think they could handle Batman in a battle of wits.

2. jadenkorr81

jadenkorr81 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2006
    Ocean and his crew are top notch, but i'm still leaning towards Batman.

3. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    If Batman can defeat the likes of Lex Luthor and Ras Al Ghul, I think he can track down a glorified bunch of burglars.

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    What if it's the 'Batman and Robin' Batman?

EDIT: I guess it's like an inverse AvP: Whoever loses, you win.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'd agree with that except for the fact that when Batman when isn't dealing with the likes of the Joker, he dealing with two-bit thugs are can be easily intimidated and aren't very bright. Danny's crew is the total opposite. They're not easily intimidated and they're master theives. I think they'd give Batman a run for him money.

Beside Batman himself has admitted that he CAN be fooled. It doesn't happen very often, but it CAN happen. Batman has admitted in the past that he sometimes finds it difficult to predict what the Joker is going to do next and can't alway determinet whether or not the Joker has committed a crime because it advances a larger plan or simply because he can.

6. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    That would be a weird encounter, I bet if they touch each other it destroys the Universe :)

Also I'm not saying Batman can't be beaten, but I doubt it would be by them. He's taken on gangs of High tech thieves before and come out on top. I'm not saying it would necessarily be easy, but my money would still be on him.

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Batman would get them eventually. Period.
    How much money they scammed before that is the only subject of debate. First scam? Second? 8th? In the end, he would find them.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.