main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN _____I PAD_____

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MusicTrooper, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    what should I get, where should I shop, and, of course, its not for me[face_laugh]

It is special gift for current I-Phone user.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ed,
    Tim would answer this better but till then I can give it a shot.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iPad/iPad/pcmcat208800050019.c?id=pcmcat208800050019

3. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    You may have already gotten it so I may be too late. :) But anyway, personally if you can wait the best place to order it is online at the Apple store. Guaranteed to get it, though it'll take a little bit. If you have to get it sooner, go to a Best Buy or a Apple Store. If they don't have any there, ask for when they'll be restocked and be prepared to show up early to get one.

As to which one, I personally use a 16GB Wifi only iPad. It works nicely enough, but I wish I had more space. If the person you are buying it for travels a lot or likes to watch TV shows and movies and such, a larger iPad would be better. If not, then a 16GB model will suffice. Wifi vs. Wifi + 3G comes down to whether or not they already have a smartphone. No, then they might like to have that option. Yes, they might not need it. I personally have a iPhone so I didn't need a iPad with cell data. But if they do travel a lot, then a 3G model might possibly be nicer because they'll have more need for data wherever they are.

Hope that helps.

4. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    I believe that my user has the I-Phone with that wifi plus 3g stuff.

I have until August to get this.

and since I really know nothing about this,

one of my question is,

If a user already has this wifi plus 3g stuff and the service to go with it,

and they get an I-PAD that is capable of this wifi plus 3g stuff,

and they use the service that they already have, or must each moble device,
    have it-s own service, or do the two items connect or work in tandom to
    make this option possible.

For now, it sounds like I am going for the wifi 3g and the larger memory version.

but not the largest memory version..........until I know more.

much thanks for all input on this.

Ed

5. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    Sorry for the wait for the reply; been rather busy lately. :)

To answer your question, the iPad is counted as a completely separate device, i.e. it doesn't matter if you have a iPhone or other device with 3G service and etc. You have to pay a separate fee for the data plan for the iPad if you want to use it. Of course, that in itself is a difference: with a regular cell phone the data plan is or can be a part of your contract and you have to keep it going, whereas with the iPad you can turn the data plan on and off at will. This is handy if you don't need to use the data plan but once or twice a year (like on vacation or something).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.