main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST A bad day for Star Wars fans today!?!??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth slaughter, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    Just to point out that this link is from the mobile version of the blog and that's why the logo is with such low quality. :)

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Couple of things come to mind if it's bad news:

1. One or more of the Big 3 will not return. This could be devastating to the script if it's been written including all 3. It would put the whole thing potentially back to the drawing board.
    2. Casting decisions that are not popular. Hayden Christenson? I actually predict him returning anyway as an Anakin ghost so meh. Zack Efron? We'll get used to it. So apart from Selena Gomez or Justin Beiber, how bad can it be with casting?
    3. JJ Abrams has backed out of the project. Very very unlikely, but completely devastating since they will be directorless and have to completely start over.
    4. Due to delays and competition, the film will be confirmed to come out in December 2015 after all...some of us are prepared for that possibility. Not the end of the world I suppose.
    5. The movie, in keeping with the May tradition, will be released a year later in 2016. Yeah, that will piss a LOT of people off but is that really all that unexpected if it's true?

3. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    It's basically been known that it's casting news, not the Big 3, and is predicted to be well-received.

FinleySlade likes this.
  4. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Oh I suppose this is about one person cast in a specific role (just read that). Can't imagine how terribly devastating that would be unless it's:

Jake Lloyd returning as Anakin !!!!

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Only bad casting I can imagine would be either a tweeny bopper actor, some overrated A-lister that its cool to hate, or some heavily despised comedian.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    It's none of the above.

7. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    1. the big 3 have been a lock for a while now
    2. ok am i the only one who didnt think hayden chritansen wad terrible? dont get me wrong he wasnt one of my oscar picks for 02 or 05 but i thought he was AVERAGE at least efron was already debunked
    3. again already debunked
    4. again I DO NOT CARE
    5. i think all studioes everywhere took note at the backlash of the delay of the hobbit part 3 to keep with ":tradition"

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Saoirse Ronan has created a kind of polarizing response on these boards. Perhaps it's her?

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Pretty much all of this is just a rehash of everything said and done in the Announcements thread...

eht13 likes this.
  10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Or Chloe Moretz?

11. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    What did she say?

She would be awsome.

12. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    As long as it isn't Mark saying he's out, it can't be that bad.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Carrie Fisher's diet was a train wreck and she actually gained weight. They're going to recast her as a Hutt.

14. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't understand this fear that the Big 3 not returning would be devastating to the film in some way; we've known for nearly a year now that Lucas told Hamill and Fisher TO THEIR FACE that if they chose not to jump into the ST, their characters would just be written out of the story. What that tells me is that Lucas was perfectly prepared for their not choosing to participate, and he and Arndt wrote the treatment accordingly. In other words, this film is not going to be about the Big 3 in any major way; the Big 3 will at best be supporting characters, as they should be. The film will not pivot on them; their purpose is to pass on the torch to new, younger main characters - period. And frankly, we don't even need Leia or Han to do that; Luke alone would be sufficient to get that done. And, it seems, the story was designed to function without ANY of them if necessary, if Lucas was prepared for them to say no.

And yet some people here are actually saying that if they hear the Big 3 will not be in Episode VII, they'll be devastated! I'm not sure why, when Disney/LFL has been perfectly honest with us about what importance the Big 3 will have for, again, the last nine to ten months.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'm calling it: Tom Hiddleston in the ST.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What... the official Announcements Discussion didn't have enough space for everyone to comfortably panic and overreact in? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.