main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Battle of Risk (Vignette, the Light Side)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Solent, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    This story corresponds with my other story A Game of Chess. If you wish to read it, you may.

Enjoy!

<~>~<~>~<~>

Dear Finder,

Light. They say it is fast and brilliant with power to overcome choking darkness. Now they turn to me and shout, ?Betrayer!? My twin brother laughs scornfully at me, as he spreads his hand across the galaxy for power. He thrives on the blood of my faithful servants, who still fight against him although I have withdrawn from their sight.

It is painful to watch my brother consume the galaxy, but I must for one thing.

Allow me to shade a light on this tale.

My brother, with all his arrogance and cleverness, is my twin. Impatience with the present and greedy for power, he overlooked the trades in one that made loyal servants. Yes, he does have many servants, but they do his will alone, although it may result in their death. Surprisingly, or not, they enjoy it much like their master.

I have loyal servants also, but they do my will, and I give them what is best for them. They are satisfied, never in need or wanting more, and my kingdom is at peace.

Now in doing what is best for the entire galaxy and them, I must withdraw, give them a taste of what is forbidden, for I know those ever faithful will become stronger, and those agents of my brother?s, who claimed to be loyal, shall fall.

Scarlet lightsaber snaps in the air.

Standing on the mountain, where I have watched over the years the battles between my twin and I unfold, I stand now. Clothed in white, my glowing eyes examine the murky valley as our warriors march down to fight.

Cerulean and emerald glows fill the dusk air.

I can feel the uncertain gazes from several of my warriors before they head into battle. They know my plan, but they will die believing hope.

Scarlet twirls.

Instead of watching my men bravely face the army of death, I scan my brother?s men. One masked with death and scarred by my Brother, stands hesitant as the others flood the valley floors. Sensing my gaze, his hollow eyes locked with mine.

Lightsabers screech.

If there were a man who resembled death, then it would be he. A picture of long torment is written on his face, like a mirror of the blackness in everyone?s heart. But in his empty eyes, where tears he hid, is a glow of pain and hope. He searches my face for the answers.

Emerald and Scarlet clash.

I offer him a smile, but then the wind about me rises, snatching my lightweight cape. The power within the wind is the taste of anger; my eyes fall upon the dark cloaked figure of my brother as he stares gloweringly into my soul. His fury moves the wind, stirring it with the blackness of his rage.

Cries echo.

Although death surrounds me, I smile enigmatically at my brother then look at the warrior in his army. He has fled into the valley to fight, but hope carries him on its wings, hope for redemption.

The Dark Side may have captured the Chosen One and turned him into his slave, but he has only done my will. For within shall my brother be defeated, and from within the Chosen One shall conquer.

But until then, I will wait, for unlike my brother, who foresees only to his own victory, I see into the future that never changes, where light always defeats the darkness. So shall I wait.

The last lightsaber falls silence.

You see, my brother is what my servants name the Dark Side, and I am their Light Side. The Sith and their master view life and the battles therein as a game, or to be more specific, a game of chess, whereas the Jedi and I know one thing. It is a battle of risk where the dark emperor shall win a few battles only to be defeated at the war. They know the price and walk it willingly.

The Dark Side can never really win, but I shall let my Chosen One tread in his paths for a time. When I call him again, he will come, anxious to shed off the ashes of darkness. I shall wait for years to come, for my brother, full of his dece

2. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Wow! That was poetic and chilling. I liked that very much.

3. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Dally -- I'm delighted you enjoyed it. :) Thanks!

((Solent))

4. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Oooh, I liked this one! :D

If there were a man who resembled death, then it would be he. A picture of long torment is written on his face, like a mirror of the blackness in everyone?s heart. But in his empty eyes, where tears he hid, is a glow of pain and hope. He searches my face for the answers.

Emerald and Scarlet clash.

I offer him a smile, but then the wind about me rises, snatching my lightweight cape. The power within the wind is the taste of anger; my eyes fall upon the dark cloaked figure of my brother as he stares gloweringly into my soul. His fury moves the wind, stirring it with the blackness of his rage.

I love how you brought in the Chosen One, and how he has hope. Great imagery too. Wonderful job! :D

5. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Happy_Hobbit_Padawan- Thanks for reading! It was difficult to find a reasonable way to have Anakin/Vader/the Chosen One in the story, but I am thrilled you liked it.

Thanks again!

((Solent))

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    The light inspires and shall conquer.

I liked that the Chosen One was hesitant. Looking to the Light for answers to his doubt. The ol? dark tried to interfere with that. It is a long war that goes on and on...

You did a great job at how the good of all can inspire and give hope even when they (his men) had their own doubts to the outcome.

7. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Altaira ? The good always win the war, no matter how many battles they may lose. Thanks for reading! :)

((Solent))

8. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    That was amazing...

I love how you portrayed the conflicting sides. It seemed to express it in a way I haven't seen before. Well done!

9. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Stormtrooper_Shrink- Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it! :)

((Solent))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.