main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    So people do know, and by people we mean pretty much everyone but Lawrence right now. Ironic for the guy whose house words are "What has been said in the darkness shall be heard in the light." This dude is pretty clueless half the time.

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I had thought at one point (and I think it would have been interesting to play out, had it happened) that spy would put Lawrence and his group past the ruins of Harrowmont on their way to Shodaire, but he didn't.

But I don't think that Lord Fredrik's messenger has gotten there yet; as I recall, he did send one, regarding pretty much the same thing.

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    People who are looking for a nifty way to display their house banner and words should be aware of this resource, the sigil creator.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Friendly neighbourhood moderator message - Ramza and I would like to remind all OOC thread users that OOC threads are not the place to socialize.

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Does the roll call taking place in the main game thread mean that we might be moving closer to a certain event that may or may not involve characters getting a certain really awesome and dashing nobleman a fondue set among other things?

(Seriously guys, Lawrence really wants a fondue set. This is mainly because I haven't had fondue in about thirteen years so I'm assuming dipping little bits of things into hot sauces is a really good idea. Especially if you live in a desert where it is always hot.)

6. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    YAY!!! can't wait to get this up and moving again. am i the only one who has thought about maybe making a sequel to this? not me personally of course since this is Spy's baby but i think it would be neat to place it maybe 10 or 15 years down the road, maybe have new threats and new enemies, see what our players have done with their lives etc. etc. just some food for thought. also what is up with this terrible music and creepy photo at the top of the page? or am i the only one getting it and i can't turn it off!

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Music simply hit the x at the top right. Otherwise we are stuck until the powers that be realize that today is already over for most of the globe.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Psst....spycoder9 is one of those "key points" Lawrence meeting some beautiful redheaded wild northern girl who is highly forward in her advances towards the silly boy from the south who knows nothing? Because I am 100% okay with that. After all, in the words of my sister, "Anyone who looks hot in a parka qualifies as ultra pretty."

Oh you're still here JediMasterAnne? Don't mind me. I wasn't saying anything.

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    I think Lawrence has enough of an 'other woman' issue without throwing another one in the mix. o_O

Jedi_padawan_leigh and Trieste like this.
  11. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Shhhh, Trieste, quit spoiling my surprises! ;) There goes that major cliffhanger I had planned! :p

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Can always send folks to come play in the sandbox with us! :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm trying to get there but apparently you have to get to know someone before you marry them. Pfft. Let's just get hitched right now so Lawrence can get back to the Desert. :D

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Double post but...wa..wa...wait. Is Kaili...dead?

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Very. :_|

Hopefully, not someone Lawrence knew...?

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If Lawrence knew Kaili, I don't know that he knew her. Even so, it was all of a sudden--BAM!--dead. Sure, she was hanging on there for quite a while, but it was somehow surprising that she went now. I would have felt bad if Lorrain and Fleet had to drag an ailing Kaili through the Desert, but that doesn't mean that I'm glad she's dead.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Okay, first update has been written, along with a few PMs. It's all on my laptop, which I should be able to get on in about twenty four hours. :) Great qualitiy posts though, from all of you. I'm really enjoying it.

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A mini war in the middle of the war? Not good... [face_worried]

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, looks like it is time for the islanders to see how sailing off the coast looks or perhaps a different isle for a while [face_whistling]

Although I think Abott would have a mental field day with the knowledge that the steel had started the King of the Isle chant from atop a high place :p

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Unless I missed something, I don't think we have the awesome map Jedi_padawan_leigh made in our library thread at the moment! I had to go to the temp boards to check the distance from Harrowmont to Shodaire.

21. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    I don't think it is in the library thread, but it is on the first page of the game thread... o_O

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Who ever looks there? :D

23. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Um I hate to be a bother ,but are tags forth coming anytime soon?
    spycoder9

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Considering how quickly JediMasterAnne usually replies to my TAGs, I'm betting she's trying to find a nice way of saying, "Oh, that wedding? In nine days? I totally forgot, I'm blowdrying my hair that night. Sorry, can't make it."

25. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    :p

Actually, I just now got home from work...should have a post up tonight though.