main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Yeah...we felt the same way. But dragging her around would have been worse for her.

So, now we get to play in the sands....

Geeze..You guys better not have a LONG honeymoon!!!
    Dont want to be in the desert that long?!?!?!??!?!!!!
    :p
    ;)

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Personally, I'm with Trieste in that I don't expect the honeymoon to last very long before all the action starts.

And where is spycoder9 ? He's been on the boards maybe once in the last two weeks, that I know of? I think Trieste and I are the only ones who aren't waiting on an update... :(

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah that is what I would like is an update, but nothing seems to happening and I'm wondering if someone would like to take the reins until spycoder9 returns. I'm really busy and working and involved in three RPG's so I know it can not be me. [face_dunno]

4. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    Where did spy go? :confused: i too am worried by his absence i need to get Alistair deeper into this story [face_dunno]

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I would not volunteer my services as a GM, mainly because Elite League Limmie occupies the bulk of my time. However, the thought has crossed my mind once or twice.

6. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Ok crazy idea, how about we form a committee and decide where we go. It would work because everyone gets input that wants it and we can keep the RPG going.[face_beatup]

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would tell you all to farm it out to the readers and put them in control of the experience, except:

A. Jason Todd
    B. I like being surprised by the stuff you guys do too much

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Though I have no idea what Jason Todd is, I rather agree with point B. Part of the fun of this game has been the surprise aspect and I think that would be ruined by a committee of the whole. My few non-Elite League Limmie RPG experiences here have been vastly more fun when there is a sole GM who is challenging me as an RPer. I've not found sandboxes to work well for me.

However, that digresses into a discussion regarding the best format of an RPG, which I think is better had elsewhere. What's important at the moment is that I think we would need spycoder9 to sound off here. Let's not forget that this is his game, which he has allowed us all to play in. I would not feel right changing who's in charge without his blessing.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    yes.

We all must be patient, and wait for our beloved Spy to to back to us. Until then, we play with other toys.

But yeah, Im chomping the bit too... But not surprised. With school about to end in some places, work, and other issues, this is a regular thing on the board around this time. So, just have to be patient. Until then, we can try to guess where the plot will thicken next!! :D

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    I agree. I'm not comfortable letting someone else tamper with spycoder9 vision, and hopefully, he will at least give us some kind of head's up soon as to what is going on, when he'll be back, etc. Since my above post, he did apparently poke his head in Friday night, so he is checking in, just not posting. And as Ktala said, school will be out soon, so hopefully by the end of next month, things will pick up.

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Now, regarding recent events (since apparently WoK right now is the Lawrence & Safia Show), I don't blame Safia for feeling she needs to keep a short leash on Lawrence. If I were marrying him, I would. Thank goodness I'm not. ;)

12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lols@Trieste

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    All will be revealed in good time, I am sure Spycoder will be along soon. If it is DRL I can sympathize as I am dancing on a knifes edge myself at the moment.

14. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    dang i really hope Spy is ok, i really want to get involved in the story line here instead of putting all the weight on Lawrence and safia lol ;)

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Speaking of which, JediMasterAnne, I don't suppose you got any ideas from this most recent episode of Game of Thrones? Like does Safia know of any hot springs in a cavern? Because, you know...now that things are in the open...the two of them could go spelunking.

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Heheh. Sadly, I don't get HBO, so I have not seen any of the third season yet (though I have read all five books and have the first two seasons on DVD).

But yeah, we're going to need something to do pretty soon here.

spycoder9 come back!

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm referencing Ygritte and Jon getting it on in the cave. That probably makes my suggestion make a lot more sense now, especially given Lawrence and Safia's recent topic of conversation.

18. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    i know i have so many ideas that i need to act upon for Alistair and i need to get him tied in with everyone else. but to Trieste the latest episode of GoT was awesome but this season needs more john snow! [face_laugh]

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    ...oh God. Is Lawrence just the desert version of Jon Snow? Except Lawrence is a legitimate son...but he's not inheriting anything.

20. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    I like Robb better than Jon, honestly.

Except for the whole going off and marrying the wrong girl when he's promised to someone else--at least Lawrence hasn't gone that far.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    New plot point! Illiza abducts Lawrence and takes him for same-day nuptials in the Desert at the city of Vas Legas where what happens in Vas Legas stays in Vas Legas.

And at the wedding Safia and her brothers kill everybody, starting with Lawrence. Except Lawrence somehow survives in ways that are never explained and probably never will be and becomes a voiceless zombie, probably thanks to V'hallar. And after that he barely shows up and is kinda lame.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC discussion thread for the game, not for Game of Thrones.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So drawing humorous parallels between the potential direction of this game and the plot of the show is frowned upon?

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Just a heads up.

25. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    Feeling really bad right now because Trieste and JediMasterAnne are the only ones who are keeping this RP going, that's alot of weight on the their shoulders and i wish it wasn't so. many times i have thought about just writing up some of the posts for Alistair that me and Spy brainstormed just so he can get more involved in the story and help move it along. I really hope nothing bad has happened to Spy but we all know how Darth RL goes. I just don't want to see this story die so soon especially since it was moving along so well, and it is by far one of the most entertaining RPG's i've written for in a while. i just hope everything gets back on track soon :D

greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto like this.