main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I don't really think I need to voice the fact that I am still 100% committed to continuing this game. And as far as any future plans for Safia, spy and I never actually discussed any long term plans for her--spy did hint to me that he had plans for her, but he didn't tell me what they were, so I guess for now she's just kind of along for whatever ride spy had planned for Lawrence. [face_dunno]

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Just so everyone knows, I reached out to Jan607 who has not even had an opportunity to post since he never got a GM intro, but is also interested in continuing the game.

Okay, so six of us right now (counting myself) and I believe it's two in the Desert, three in the Mountains, and one in the Islands. Obviously I'll give everyone time to sound off, just giving a status update of early responses.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    First of all, I just want to say that I hope spy is okay and that his disappearance is due to school and other RL commitments. With things winding down for the summer, hopefully he'll pop his head in soon.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for a while. I do have a lot of work at the moment that will most likely keep me busy until mid-July, but that's not the only reason I can give. I've been struggling a lot with posting for this game - I think some of that is a result of not being familiar with the source material, but I'm not entirely sure. When I do make a post, I get on a high for a while, but I soon drop off again and that's something I don't think should happen. So, at this point, I'm bouncing back and forth about whether I want to continue or not, which is why I un-liked that post.

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Good to know.

Also, the more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that if I were to take over (still not a given), I would probably need to have individual conferences with all remaining players to get a handle on everybody's story to date, key players, etc. I was never super good at keeping up with things happening outside of Lawrence's circle of knowledge (as some of my clarification posts here have proved ;)).

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Well um Trieste I expressed interest in continuing this a while ago... Anyway this is interesting you as GM seems to be a good idea as I would have no clue on the subject. I aslo have a RL job which is currently demanding 45 hours a week from me and takes a lot out of me. I would be willing to help in advisory capacity if it is needed or whatever. I have the same problem I was keeping track of my character as much as possible and some other stories and would have to read through it all again. If remember correctly there are many things going on the most recent being the retaking of the islands if I'm not mistaken and my character wanting to take on this army of men. You and your bride to be having a long conversation (sorry I was half paying-attention). My belief that the queen or king wanted to put a stop to your character's wedding and the rest I can not recall at this point. where is our resident historian when we need her?

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I think the only hugely significant event we have had since spy posted the timelines would be the re-taking of Delmaristead, but since that was a special update, it isn't really going to affect where our Isle characters are in their respective plots.

Brief run-down of events that have occurred since the posting of the timelines:
    Isles: Abbott Tuckman has a tense first meeting with the captain of the Naked Broad, the ship King Nathaniel has designated for his special assignment. Lukas, after learning that Gwenn is Nathaniel's daughter, urges her to leave Breezecroft with the king. The next day, Gwenn learns from a fellow dockworker that rumors are circulating about her meeting with the king. Last we saw them, Lukas was serenading Gwenn, while hungover Tuckman is in a meeting with Nathaniel. In Delmaristead Kenji and Kojiro get into a fight with angry patrons at a local tavern.
    We lost Teegirloo when the move happened, so we haven't seen Raven or Kalera since the attack at the docks as they were leaving to go to Lawrence and Safia's wedding.
    Desert: Lorain and Fleet continued to lay low in their hideout until Kaili's death, after which they buried her, then depart into the desert to head to the Fair Groves. While they travel, Lorain tells Fleet the story of the Hunter, the Wolf and the Elk.
    Mountains: Safia and Lawrence went exploring in the woods after their race, then are forced to return to the castle after Safia is injured in an avalanche. A few days later, Lawrence informs Safia of his one-night stand with Illiza. Alistair Bryce tracks a man who had earlier raped and killed a young woman, and along the way comes across the camp of Capital soldiers on their way to attack another mountain castle, the Wanesford. Among the soldiers' prisoners is the man Alistair is hunting, wounded. Alistair does not kill the man, but banishes him out into the wilderness, expecting Nature to finish the man. He then sets out to Wanesford in hopes of warning them of the coming attack. Lady Helena Cyrell informs her husband of the return of a scout who had his hands cut off and was muted by the Capitalmen. Gordon instructs her to head for Shodaire, while he prepares to leave to face the Capitalmen. Before leaving, he asks his wife if she thinks their son should accompany him into battle.
    We also appear to have lost Winged and Rilwen, but the last we saw of Lord Fredrik and Ser Andras and Keine, they were preparing for a war council at Snowy Ford.
    Capital: At dinner, Fenton Reynard reveals Safia and Lawrence's betrothal to Matheus, who storms out. Emilia follows him and attempts to reassure him, cryptically hinting at plans to re-claim Safia for Matheus and possibly the end of Fenton's reign. Gavin Hunter arrives before an irate King Fenton and his younger son Prince Seymour.

If I missed anything, I do apologize, but I think this basically covers it.

7. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    definitely still in the game! i want to see this thing out until the end :)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I am still interested in this continuing onward. I have absolutely no knowledge of the source material so I know what HanSolo is referencing. I want to stay in it just because Tuckman is an interesting 'high' to roll play through ;)

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I devoted some thought to the matter of taking over WoK this weekend. At this time I don't think I can responsibly take the game over. Therefore, I think that someone else would need to step up in short order or the only thing to do at this point is lock things down and hope for the return of spy in the future.

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well great um now You have forced me to rethink my statement. I might consider the GM role if and only if some one takes on my character at least for the time being and you treiste agree to help me get out of the blocks so to speak. I will sleep on it give me until tomorrow or maybe the day after.

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'll send you a PM to discuss things. We'll update everyone here ASAP.

12. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I would also like to add as the discussion go on behind the scenes that if you want to contribute your thoughts on where you see things going can ruminate in here as much as you like.

13. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If it's not too much of a liberty, Luke, I'll add that for the moment Luke has committed to getting us to/through the Wedding. I think that will be a good point to step back and evaluate how things have gone and if we want to continue. However, this will at least give everyone a little bit of closure if we decide not to go further.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  16. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    The fun begins here and now. :cool:

17. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    OOOOO! good post Luke, i have a feeling of impending doom. Looks like Alistair will have to brush the dust off his book of monsters and get his sword arm ready ;) i'll try and get my post up tonight for Alistair and then we can see where we can go from there

18. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Ok os I'll stat writing some updates for everyone even Trieste and JediMasterAnne

Ktala and witchdoctor07 like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Burned letters...it makes one wonder what's inside them Jabba-wocky...too bad nobody worships a god of fire who might be able to see into burned letters, hypothetically. I mean, for that one would need to be traveling with a priest or priestess of said god. Nah, we don't have anyone around here like that.

(At least anyone that my character is on speaking terms with right now.)

[face_laugh]

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I figured if you were really curious, there was no reason I should be the only one getting in trouble with my wife. :p

A couple points about the post:

1. Forgot to mention it, but it was a joint post with Lukes_Apprentice. All Helen's responses and dialogue comes from him.

2. In case it's not entirely clear, the central conceit of the post is that not everything in it is real. Specifically, everything from the time the door slammed shut was only in Gordon's imagination. It's what he would have wanted to say to her, and how he truly felt. But just like Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" he let his lover storm away from him. Hopefully things don't turn out as bad for him, though. So the actual "present" of the post is him in his tent, reminiscing about the earlier argument and how he wishes it had gone differently. Everything up to the moment Helen slammed the door in his face is historical fact, and everything after that is wishful thinking.

21. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    That post made me smile Jabba it really did. I could not have done any better if had posted myself so thumbs up from me.

On that note I don't seem to have the energy to write tonight that is the bad news and good news is that it has given me time to think about everything WOK wise so I believe my next posts should be better.
    I will start writting them tommarow I have no idea when I will post them though, but yay for updates coming soonish.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That makes a lot more sense now. :D And I love a good Dickens reference.

23. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm glad you caught that.

GM NOTE: I hope to update three more lucky people tomorrow.

24. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm out of energy today so those of you have not written a response are going to have time to respond. Second, I'm hopng to hear from you guys maybe some feedback if up to it how am I doing so far? would you like to suggest something crazy? hey I'm here and I like to hear opinons. So you who are interested can PM me at any time. I hope that I will be able to write tomorrow..

25. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    GM Announcement: I would like to conduct a meeting with everyone still active on saturday. So if you all could tell me the best time for you (please convert to Mountain standard time in the US).