main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I will be unable to attend. I have plans for Saturday, though I hope that the logistics for everyone else works out.

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I have to work Saturday, but I should be home shortly after 3:00 PM Mountain time, so anytime after that would be best for me.

3. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    I'm in hawaii so i will probably be about 4 hours behind you i believe. but i will be available all saturday probably

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    um...I think Im available at least part of the day. I work Saturday nights..
    I'll see what I can do. Evenings should be ok.

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Well Oh boy I have found that I'm tired lately, but the reason I wanted to call a development meeting is to help us explore War of kings in a new ways. I realize many of you have said you are not sure which way things should go well I can tell you this is not about deciding the whole game. In fact far from it I want to move forward towards the wedding as much as anyone else in fact. I've asking myself what we need to do to get there quickly, but not so quickly wee lose context which come from character development and storyline. In other words I need pacing, but also realistic goals we can set so that everyone is happy with the way things are going. This is by no means stop all solution, but I believe if everyone at least as input into the process it would be better in the long run. I as GM promise to listen to your concerns ,and if you feel like you want to vent I'm willing to hear that to. Thins is not going to be easy for many of you, but trust me I really do want this meeting to go well for all concerned. So if this meeting takes until tomorrow or the next day I'm here and once we are done I hope to have a better idea of what you want.

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hmm, pacing: Well, the wedding is a definite focal point in the story. The standard method would be to play out events until the wedding day, primary, secondary and other plot lines would move accordingly. Thankfully, it is not required that we RP 'everyday' until the wedding. Allegiances, betrayals, and all manner of dramatic set pieces, would of course, progress the story. Some 'dramatic event' could possibly happen 'before' the wedding, hence it will have a date ( xxx days before the wedding) and we can skip ahead to that. Of course, we could always fast-forward to the wedding itself, but I think that would rob us of some truly unique story opportunities. Hmm, so perhaps smaller time-jumps could be used to place all players on the same 'chronometer', i.e.; 'Six Days before the wedding', or the like.

I'm quite flexible on the matter, so this is just to start a conversation regarding Luke's pacing concerns and ours, if there are any.

[face_peace]

7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Sorry for the recent disappearance, Life happened

Will try and get a reply up tomorrow sometime L_A

Sorry again!

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Did this meeting already happen, or do I need to give a record of my availability?

9. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Nah You can say whatever you want today or tomorrow I'm calling it a dialogue now. :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well, I finally got a post up...but not much of one. Hopefully I'll find some inspiration down the road, but posting here has been a little tough for me recently. Just haven't had the writing mojo left over from Elite League Limmie these days.

11. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well like trieste I had searh for my mojo and make a decision so now you not only have multiple upadte to munch on you now have upadtes outside the storyline ohhh that is so pretty.

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mojo!! Mojo!!

We Like MOJO!...or even MOJOJOJO!!! woot!

YA Storylines!!!.

Ok...now to work on response for later ..
    Thanks!!

:D

But I do have a question.. lol. If we're still so many days out..(15 days)
    how we ever gonna 'catch up?'

13. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Magic, Ktala, magic I've got ideas up my sleeve, but as always a magician never reveals his secrets. [face_thinking]

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    HEhehe.. OK!

Works for me! :D

15. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    ok everyone I'm going to try to have an update by Wednesday.

16. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    well greyjedi125 has not answered I hope everything is ok. I may wait another day to see what happens.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I'll go nudge him for ya!! :D

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Nudge: Successful! (your patience is appreciated!) :)

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Thanks for nudge ktala I'll think of something, I hope. Work has been painful and I have had no energy. Just thought I should let you all know I am alive and kicking or maybe it is alive and wincing.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Soooooooo

Wha happening?

Do I need to nudge some more folks? ;)..hehehehehe

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well, having successfully not posted for a whole month (despite my best efforts to the contrary) I have come to the realization that I do not have the time to properly devote to A War of Kings and am therefore withdrawing myself from the game. Considering how much fun stuff I had planned for the game I'm quite sad to be doing so, but it's the best decision for me at this time. Hopefully things will continue you on and you all know how to find me around here. ;) (Hint: go check Elite League Limmie--those guys just suck my time dry. :D)

I'll do my best to keep an eye on what happens over here since I have always wondered just exactly what was going to happen. Somebody's going to end up King at the end of all this...or will someone end up Queen? Who knows? I certainly don't. ;)

22. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I, too, am bowing out. As wonderful an experience as this game was, playing alongside many wonderful RPers in the fantastic sandbox that spycoder created for us, ever since his disappearance, A War of Kings has not held the same spark for me as it once had. No one is to blame, and I think it has been a gallant effort on the part of those of us who held out this long, but now with Trieste’s departure, I just don’t think I can keep up the level of commitment and motivation I have had in the past. Perhaps someday spy will come back and revive his wonderful game, and I’ll definitely be there if he does.

It truly has been a pleasure, and like Trieste, I’ll be keeping an eye on how things develop from here. Hopefully I’ll see some of you in other RPs down the road.

23. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well fellow RPer. I have no energy to post at all. It is rather sad I know,but I'm thinking the game Is dead. We tried, but it is dead. I would like to see sequel to this marvelous peace of work. So unless someone want to convince me to give one last go by bringing in some more people or something. It is over :(.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Sorry I couldn't hold out either, guys.

But where shall we all go now?

25. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    That is a good question Jabba. Honestly, I have no idea. I'm mostly going sideline myself and stick to the chatting with other player bit. I don't have a clue what plans everyone else has.